Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Almost Recommended
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donor Bar
PatronusCharm Banner

Old 03-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
Taure
Death Eater
Magical Cores Are Real

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Curse of Fate by Mistress Nika - PG13

Title: Curse of Fate
Author: Mistress Nika
Pairings: Harry/Snape, Ron/Hermoine, Harry/Ginny, Sirius/Remus
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Thousands of years into the future, vampire Harry only wants to join his loved ones in death. However, his curse of immortality is absolute. Therefore he sends himself back into the body of his infant self, vowing to this time refuse eternity. When do things ever go according to plan? Unexpected changes to the timeline, people who aren't as they once were and more send his life spiraling out of his control. Because some things were meant to be.
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2703901/1/

Hi, I'm new here so I'm gonna start putting a few of my fav. stories up - I hope I get the posting format right as you guys seen to not like it when people get it wrong. Anyway, this story is quite good, the slash hasn't started yet so I dont know how bad that will be and I think the Harry/Ginny is just in the past. At the moment Harry, in his 11 year old body, has convinced the death eaters that he is in fact Lord Voldemort in Harry Potters body and Harry Potter dies in 1981.
Taure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
madeyemoody
High Inquisitor

Re: Curse of Fate by Mistress Nika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taure
Title: Curse of Fate
Author: Mistress Nika
Pairings: Harry/Snape, Ron/Hermoine, Harry/Ginny, Sirius/Remus
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Thousands of years into the future, vampire Harry only wants to join his loved ones in death. However, his curse of immortality is absolute. Therefore he sends himself back into the body of his infant self, vowing to this time refuse eternity. When do things ever go according to plan? Unexpected changes to the timeline, people who aren't as they once were and more send his life spiraling out of his control. Because some things were meant to be.
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2703901/1/

Hi, I'm new here so I'm gonna start putting a few of my fav. stories up - I hope I get the posting format right as you guys seen to not like it when people get it wrong. Anyway, this story is quite good, the slash hasn't started yet so I dont know how bad that will be and I think the Harry/Ginny is just in the past. At the moment Harry, in his 11 year old body, has convinced the death eaters that he is in fact Lord Voldemort in Harry Potters body and Harry Potter dies in 1981.

Psst... This is gonna be a hard one for people to except on this site it contains what most here try to abolish. Your writing is impecable, your other fic Possesion has awesome potential as does this one if it doesn't go the slashy route and have obvious harry/ginny
And i must say harry impersonating the dark lord was brilliant

P.s. that letter was to slashy ex."Moony! My love! My darling! How I miss you so! Oh, but for the memories of the time we spent together I would have gone mad in this awful place! I count the hours until we can be together again! Then I'll take you in my arms and kiss your lips and carress your-- Thats not good.....Thats Gay
madeyemoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
Rain
High Inquisitor

I thought it was interesting. lol. Harry's character is hilarious. And there has only been a few mentions of Ginny, and the only slash is seen from Sirius' letter, which, as I saw it, was one big joke... eh. I'll probably read it until the HP/SS starts.

Please don't lynch me! (*runs away laughing*) <-- The result of little sleep and getting drugged with caffeine pills.

Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
nonjon
Alumni

I'd say, until a mod or admin tells you to stop, feel free to post and recommend any fics you like. As long as you're up front about what the fic is, be it slash, Orange Crush, or worse, written by stained-future. Just be aware most here will rip into the slashy ones, the Harry/Ginny ones, etc...

Although, if you like I did start a thread a while back for just this sort of thing DLP unmentionables: H/G fics you may be able to stomach...

You might safer from the trolls (who I doubt even looked at the fic) by sticking the H/G fics you like in there.

Then again you've got one here that's not only Harry/Ginny but also Harry/Snape slash.

I'm scared too kids.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
Narf
Administrator
The Sugardaddy of Oz

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Ok...most of the posts I deleted were from the newer members, so I'll just repeat what we've said before, if you don't like the pairing, fine. But don't bash the story for having H/G or slash, especially without reading it through. Read the story first, and if it isn't good, bash at how the pairing was portrayed and how they got together. If you don't like the pairing, don't read the story, don't post in the topic.

I'm the mother flippin' Rhymenocerous
My beats are fly and the birds are on my back
And I'm horny
I'm horny
If you choose to proceed you will indeed concede
Cos I hit you with my flow
The Wild Rhino Stampede.
Narf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #6
ip82
Prisoner

This is actually rather good beggining of an AU story. Very powerful Harry, great twist with him pretending to be Voldemort and excellent idea with Remus leading the British werewolves...

For now, there are few mentions of the slut, but still no SLASH (Sirius' letter was a joke).

Still, this will definitely turn into a girly slash-fest sooner or later - she already have Harry the 20,000 years old vampire, pining after the Rednecks and the mudblood bitch... yeah right, like he would even remember their names after all that time.

Potter's Resistance 1: Breaking Ties -> DLP Thread
Yin and Yang -> DLP Thread

Ficwad Profile || HP Recycle Bin || Crap filter C2
Rule no. 1 - You do not talk about Alpha Fight Club...
ip82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:05 PM   #7
Tobang
Fourth Year

Send a message via MSN to Tobang
I am enjoying this story a lot at the moment. It has some very original ideas in it and its very well written. As long as it doesn’t turn into a raving ass pounding slash fest in the near future I will probably keep reading it just because it actually has me hooked. I’m not even that much of a fan of Vamp!Harry this is just a very good story.

(The way I wrote this review makes it sound like I REALLY like the story…I don’t I just think its above average and worth the time of day to read.)
The first bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Tobang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:55 AM   #8
assosson
Backtraced

Why is this in the trash? Its 4 stars... >.>

I loved this fic even though i hate slash... Give it a try guys, just ignore the gay parts.

Edit: And ah, guys, its rated M not pg-13 now
assosson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 AM   #9
Taure
Death Eater
Magical Cores Are Real

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Ah, my first post...the memories come flooding back.

Anyway, this story started out well, but in recent chapters it has disolved into the slash-fest that ip82 warned of. All semblance of there being an actual story has been lost amid the suddenly overbearing "romance", if this farce can be called that.

Edit: It's 3 stars now :P

HPATTGH: 1/35 Complete
Taure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:51 AM   #10
assosson
Backtraced

damn you... oh well... But still, imo it deserves some recognition... albeit the slash...
assosson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:49 AM   #11
AllieWay
Backtraced

I really liked this, but then it just... urgh, just a warning: DO NOT READ THE OUTTAKES! It is a FULL slashfest. Damn, but the story itself is quite good. I especially liked the early chapters, but then the story started to drag a bit, still readable though. If it was HHr, would have been a lot better imo.
AllieWay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:mistress nika, slash