Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Almost Recommended
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donor Bar
PatronusCharm Banner

Old 04-22-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
ulkser
Groundskeeper

Send a message via MSN to ulkser
A Change in History by Kinda-Mayvelle - T

Title: A Change in History
Author: Kinda-Mayvelle
Rating: T
Genre: Action/Adventure/Suspense
Pairing: i don't know but for now none.
Chapters: 15
Words: 55,364
Updated: July 21, 2006
Published: February 24, 2006

Summary: AU. Harry, neglected by his parents, runs away in the night. Who should find him, but Voldemort and his trusted familiar? Awakening in a strange place with the most feared Dark Wizard around, what becomes of our Harry? Read and find out!

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2816919/1/

well, the story have some cliches like harry's bro is thought to be chosen one while harry is, but it is well written and i like it. just have a look at it, 3 chapters so far, it won't take much time for you to read.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 26, 2012

Last edited by Dark Minion; 11-26-2012 at 02:21 PM.
ulkser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
Amerision
Heir
Galactic Sheep Emperor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
EXCELLENT!

It is VERY well written, however updates are rather slow for its size.

Oh and having Harry's brother being the BWL is one of those cliches that you just can't avoid - its a whole plotline. Its like saying Evil!Harry is cliche.

I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I dream of love as time runs through my hand
I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
And in the flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire

Amerision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
Scarty
Denarii Host

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via ICQ to Scarty Send a message via MSN to Scarty Send a message via Yahoo to Scarty
So far I like the story, hope to see more of it, soon

Scarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
mangaguy

It's very good and I like your writing.
Although your updates are slow but small.
I would like to see some more of your writing.........
Old 04-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
Myst
Headmaster

You have a great story and writing style, just need length and faster updates.

My Harry Potter Fic:

To Win a War

PC | FF.net
Myst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 04:21 PM   #6
ulkser
Groundskeeper

Send a message via MSN to ulkser
i just wanna say that i don't own the story. i don't write it!!!!

i just came across it and post it here!!! those celebrations should go to its author. i have just send an email to writer informing about this site.

i have never been a good writer but i am not bad at being a beta.
ulkser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:50 AM   #7
daterza
First Year

good beginning, waithing for more chapters before giving final.
daterza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
tridentwatch
Fixed

Kinda crappy... He doesn't give enough description and info about his family, where they live, etc... ANd lily and james are so OC it disgusts me. An ok read, but there are way better fics out there.
tridentwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:40 PM   #9
Cervus
Raptured to Hell

Send a message via AIM to Cervus Send a message via MSN to Cervus Send a message via Yahoo to Cervus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tridentwatch
Kinda crappy... He doesn't give enough description and info about his family, where they live, etc... ANd lily and james are so OC it disgusts me. An ok read, but there are way better fics out there.
How are Lily and James out of character? No, seriously, how? We see all of one scene featuring the two characters out of all six Harry Potter books to date. They can't be out of character, they don't have a character.

The story is actually quiet good. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Cervus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
tridentwatch
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervus
Quote:
How are Lily and James out of character? No, seriously, how? We see all of one scene featuring the two characters out of all six Harry Potter books to date. They can't be out of character, they don't have a character.

The story is actually quiet good. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
In canon dont we get those scenes where Hagrid or someone is saying to Harry - you are just like your father?

ANd lily did not go out with James until he toned down his arrogance right? That was in book 5 I think.

I think they have a character. And it is *extremely* unrealistic for one child to be loved and adored and the other ignored or neglected. I mean when Harry was lost they dont even notice! Usually both children are neglected or one is verbally(or pyshically) abused and the other is treated way better. In this story they just dont care. And besides do you seriously think that Voldemort will keep the chosen one in his residence? The one prophesized to defeat him? Wtf???

If I were Voldemort I would just crush harry's face with my boots and continue walking like nothing happend. SO what if Harry is parselmouth. All the more reason for Voldemort to kill Harry. No use having an upstart young slytherin heir trying to kill voldie for power.

Another thing: How did Harry get parselmouth powers? it did not get transfered or anything through the killing curse. And if this author does the whole heir of founders shit I swear I am gonna....
tridentwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #11
Ginny Killer 2.0
Third Year

to late i beleive, i think it sayed that harrys mother was a slytherin decendent and thats y he couldnt kill him. that is if i remember this story right lol.
Ginny Killer 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:24 AM   #12
Sepanto
Groundskeeper

I have to say it is ALOT like darkly treachoruos by xxlostdreamsxx

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sepanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:29 AM   #13
Promios
Fourth Year

Very nice!
Promios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #14
MysterioX
Professor

Send a message via MSN to MysterioX
the startin isn't all that original a bit like Darkly Treacherous and I see that Sepanto has mentioned that but it might improve with time.
MysterioX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #15
scrappedcola

Quote:
In canon dont we get those scenes where Hagrid or someone is saying to Harry - you are just like your father?...
And it is *extremely* unrealistic for one child to be loved and adored and the other ignored or neglected. I mean when Harry was lost they dont even notice! Usually both children are neglected or one is verbally(or pyshically) abused and the other is treated way better...
First off I think this is a really well written story. It's not as descriptive as I would like at times, however its still enjoyable. I don't think the comments on Harry being just like his father shouldn't be taken as his fathers true character. They were made by people biased to the individuals in question. Also There is nothing "usual" about any abuse case, as for the it being "extremely" unusual and that both children are abused is an untrue statement... haven't you ever read the bio "The boy called 'it'"? There are numerous other cases like it and unfortunately its not uncommon.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #16
Olfrik
Seventh Year

Send a message via AIM to Olfrik
I like it very much, and it's not the usual cliche (as far as I have seen). I hope Harry will help to get LV back. If he suddenly turned to the light, I would be very disappointed.
I liked the characters, LV is still the cruel Dark Lord and Malfoy a ponce. I also like that Snape constantly switches his views, much like I would have imagined.
For the point on the Potters: I dont care where they lived, its not important to the story. What confused me a bit was the outright cruelty of the Potters. I'd have thought they would just neglect him by the descriptions. The reasons for the abuse were not thought out and couldnt convince me.

Ahh, and one last thing: I was confused in the beginning because of snow at his birthday, which was obviously still in the summer (reference to the Hogwarts invitations). The first chapter is probably the worst of it, it gets rapidly better after that.

Last edited by Olfrik; 07-07-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Olfrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:43 AM   #17
madeyemoody
High Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappedcola
First off I think this is a really well written story. It's not as descriptive as I would like at times, however its still enjoyable. I don't think the comments on Harry being just like his father shouldn't be taken as his fathers true character. They were made by people biased to the individuals in question. Also There is nothing "usual" about any abuse case, as for the it being "extremely" unusual and that both children are abused is an untrue statement... haven't you ever read the bio "The boy called 'it'"? There are numerous other cases like it and unfortunately its not uncommon.
your arguing with a deadman.....check the http://forums.darklordpotter.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37
madeyemoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #18
Kid Leo
First Year

I loved it man, can't wait for more.
Kid Leo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:kinda-mayvelle, complete