Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Gaming and PC Discussion > Flash and Spam Games
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 02-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Hero of Stupidity
God of Magic

DLP Supporter Donor Star
With government against zombies

Rebuild

A post-apocalyptic game, where you have to reclaim your city from the zombies. It's fairly simple, but if you don't play attention you can easily die. :awesome

Edit: Go here http://twotowersgames.com/games/rebuild-zombie if you want to be able to play the game in fullscreen. The little window was driving me insane.

[Geth presence on Planet designate Eden Prime was eliminated by a squad of organic commandos and one lone elite commando, also organic. Addendum: Lone organic turned our hardware into amphibious organic]

[Repeat last statement]

[Repeating: Lone organic unit turned our hardware into an organic amphibious organism. Addendum: We got better.]

Last edited by Midknight; 02-16-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Hero of Stupidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
Tehan

DLP Supporter Donor Star
On August 21, 2014, Counselor Pimp of Pimpington simultaneously wrote the Constitution of Pimpington, closed the Evil Zombie Portal, cured Zombieism and reclaimed the final city block of Pimpington. Fun little timesink.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
Kang
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehan View Post
On August 21, 2014, Counselor Pimp of Pimpington simultaneously wrote the Constitution of Pimpington, closed the Evil Zombie Portal, cured Zombieism and reclaimed the final city block of Pimpington. Fun little timesink.
First 50 days was a massive rush to balance between soldiers/builders.

And then I ran out of food - FUUUUUU you cant change them into scavengers. Was a nice little decision you had to make - soldiers or scavengers?
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Seratin
Bloodwreath
Fir Bholg

I sent the first span of the game desperately trying to manage my soldier levels. I couldn't expand too much without leaving the walls unguarded. Eventually got pissed off after losing a few squares. ;-;
(07:00:01) ::: (¤) Nickname: T3t changed his nickname to SeratinsBitch
Seratin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
Aekiel
Master of Merrill
People Die when they are Killed

DLP Supporter Donor Star
First game I got to 164 days in before I'd conquered every block, had a constitution and closed the portal. Whoresville will live to see another day.

Which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Mother Winter, right there.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
Red Aviary
God of Magic

DLP Supporter Donor Star
All my soldiers are losing their eyes in accidents. It's a little disconcerting.
We can tell other people about... having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future.
Red Aviary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
The Wizard
The Oxen of Oz

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to The Wizard
Herp of Derp led his city to salvation and civilisation in 183 days. :>
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Tehan

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang the Mad View Post
First 50 days was a massive rush to balance between soldiers/builders.

And then I ran out of food - FUUUUUU you cant change them into scavengers. Was a nice little decision you had to make - soldiers or scavengers?
Soldiers can build decently, but builders are shite at zombie-killing. By mid-game I had a nice food surplus going so I had no scavengers, only a few builders, a half-dozen scientists, one Leader (the aforementioned Counselor Pimp) and all the rest were soldiers. Only rarely did I ever do anything that didn't have the risk driven down to 0% by hordes of soldiers.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
The Wizard
The Oxen of Oz

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to The Wizard
^Lol. After like the 5th time a soldier didn't return from killing zombies with like 2% danger I always made sure it was 0.
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #10
Midknight
Administrator
Middy is SPAI!

DLP Supporter Donor Star
At day 77 atm. Fucking wish I'd read you couldn't train scavengers. Suddenly I got hit with a bunch of bad food events so I'm quickly running low. Fun game.

Edit. How do I take the city hall? I've sent waves of soldiers in there killing a ton, and I don't see any movement towards capturing the thing.

I added the link the game's main website, where you can play it in fullscreen if that little window pisses you off like it did to me. http://twotowersgames.com/games/rebuild-zombie

Google Maps placemark list. If you want to come to a meetup, please place a nearby city on this so we can try to figure out carpooling, or future locations please!!
Travel Fund Donations! 1 time Donate , or monthly, Subscribe

Subscription options

Last edited by Midknight; 02-16-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #11
Wildfeather
God of Magic

Send a message via AIM to Wildfeather Send a message via MSN to Wildfeather Send a message via Yahoo to Wildfeather Send a message via Skype™ to Wildfeather
Could have just won by day 90, not really sure I want to. I haven't sealed the portal yet. I'm going to for a coup de grace and do what Tehan did and win the game in all the way simultaneously.

edit: Damn infested police station ruined it. I had it timed except it was off by one day, and the damn place got infested. It took me 10 more days to finally secure the place. At which point I won the game in three separate ways.

Last edited by Wildfeather; 02-17-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Wildfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #12
Red Aviary
God of Magic

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Well, my run in Harder mode as Carlton of Bel-Air failed spectacularly. Though I was probably asking for it.
We can tell other people about... having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future.

Last edited by Red Aviary; 02-17-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Red Aviary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #13
Giovanni
God of Magic

I focused on getting a lot of farms early so I wouldn't have to worry about food. Problem was that I forgot about keeping bitches happy and had to rush to build/conquer a bunch of bars and churches.
Giovanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #14
Tehan

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midknight View Post
Edit. How do I take the city hall? I've sent waves of soldiers in there killing a ton, and I don't see any movement towards capturing the thing.
I just took everything around it and kept sending in kill-teams at 0% danger until eventually it was clear of zombies. I think City Hall is a zombie spawn point, and the way to proceed is to just keep clearing it out whenever you've got some soldiers to spare until whatever the trigger is to stop the spawning - x amount of zombies killed? y amount of kill-missions into it? Some other factor? - fires, and then you're clear to move in.

Spoiler (highlight to show):
All it does is give you the 'Draft Constitution' win condition if you've got six leaders, which I think is a fair bit trickier than the 'Cure Zombieism' one (which just needs a few labs) as well as being more finicky about who can do it than the 'Destroy the Evil Portal' one. Only the 'Claim the Entire City' win condition is more of a pain.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #15
DarthBill

Could have won by curing the zombie plague early in the game, but chose not to. On day 204 I conquered the last city block, and chose to keep playing. The cure is being researched, and I am drafting a constitution. My score is 277,490. Only 6 people died.

Edit: On day 214, I have conquered the whole city, cured the plague, drafted a constitution, and destroyed the portal from whence the zombies arose. My final score is 310,040.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion_Revan View Post
All my soldiers are losing their eyes in accidents. It's a little disconcerting.
I eventually built a team of 10 soldiers, all of whom were missing an eye.

Badges: Electric Grass Normal

Last edited by DarthBill; 02-17-2011 at 04:16 AM.
DarthBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:22 AM   #16
MattSilver
The Traveller

Cured the zombie problem at about day 120-something, got a score of 250,000-something, and had fun throughout. Didn't quite feel motivated to finish it off, but it was an awesome little timesink. I quite enjoyed sending out five recurring guys to go on zombie-killing missions and letting them fight through them, go crazy, lose limbs, get scarred and all that, and damn it all if I didn't feel a little disheartened when some of them died.
MattSilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #17
addictedforlife
Death Eater

Fun stuff. I stopped after I researched the zombie cure on day 100-something. From days 20-40 I had serious food shortages, 5 or so people died of starvation, 2 left. I sent all the soldiers on missions to conquer farms, and changed all the apartments that I didn't need to farms.
addictedforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
Lion
Unspeakable

All I had were soldiers and scientist. Later in the game I got some builders and an extra leader but up until that point it was me and a shitload of soldiers.
<Lion>I know right
<dhulli>exactly
<Zennith>Serious douche
<JBlaise>wtf you faggots
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:02 AM   #19
Aekiel
Master of Merrill
People Die when they are Killed

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Tried a game on harder mode and got absolutely massacred. Wave after wave of ever stronger zombies, with me losing a guy every few days and losing the big farm I was lucky enough to spawn next to.

Which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Mother Winter, right there.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #20
Xiph0
Immortal
The Vanguard

Major fun. I secured my corner of the map first then expanded as fast as possible out from it Blitzkrieg style.

Play CN, for the glory of DLP~
Xiph0 is offline   Reply With Quote