Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Almost Recommended
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donor Bar
PatronusCharm Banner

Old 05-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #1
MysterioX
Professor

Send a message via MSN to MysterioX
A Shattered Prophecy by Project Dark Overlord - T

Title: A Shattered Prophecy
Author: Project Dark Overlord

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2762511/1/

Rating: T
Genre: Action/Adventure/Drama
Pairings: Nothing yet
Summary: A twist of Fate… an opened window… a cradle robbed… two frantic parents… a lost hope, along with a shattered Prophecy.

The fic's readable. Voldi makes Peter steal the chosen one while the Potter’s are asleep. Harry’s loved and trained by the Dark Lord later becoming his assassin. During one job he gets caught and the story continues.
MysterioX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
Taure
Death Eater
Magical Cores Are Real

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I've read this and it's in my ff.net favs...it's quite a clishe idea but this one is one of the better ones in my opinion...not great, but still DLP worthy.

HPATTGH: 1/35 Complete
Taure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:56 AM   #3
Rain
High Inquisitor

I got pretty far into this one before my interest dropped off. I'm not much of a fan of those "Harry has to choose between light and dark" stories, and this one seemed to be heading that way.

It was entertaining, though.

Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
Amerision
Heir
Galactic Sheep Emperor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I hate it when both sides love Harry. Making him choose between them is kinda cruel and makes it unbearable.

Other than that, it is kinda pointless. The plot is just angst, confusion, and acting "I'm the shit" 24-7.

I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I dream of love as time runs through my hand
I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
And in the flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire

Amerision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #5
Stalicon
High Inquisitor

Eh i enjoy it, though I really have nothing better to do and afterawhile anything looks good. Acutaly thats how I got into Naruto fanfiction.....

(sorry didn't mean to go rambling)

-Edit
Stalicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:43 AM   #6
Lord Osiris
Auror

I'm fairly certain that this is a re-write, i've read this and the last one but i gotta agree with majority, the story is all about picking one or the other why he acts like his the ducks nuts yet cry's like a bitch when Moody slaps him around. *shrugs* I'am fairly sure he starts attending Hogwarts and befriends all those fuck jobs that he is chummy with in canon, truely a low-standard fic.
Lord Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #7
Amerision
Heir
Galactic Sheep Emperor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
The new chapter was better than most, but still solidifies the side choosing concept. Except in this one, Dumbledore basically mind-rapes Harry.

While I was reading it, I was hoping that Harry would just burst in power, undergo a magical maturation, learn 1000+ cool abilities in 10 seconds, and go on a wild killing spree.

The tension and suspense is unbearable. The author is just building and building up, and I'm just fed up.

DO SOMETHING!

I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I dream of love as time runs through my hand
I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
And in the flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire

Amerision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #8
Rain
High Inquisitor

That's one of the reasons I avoid it now. Suspense, too much of it anyway, drives me insane.

Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #9
ulkser
Groundskeeper

Send a message via MSN to ulkser
i like the story a lot. however, all the stories that have this plot(harry being raised by voldi and then found by light side) picture harry becoming light. i hate that. harry should never ever turn his back to voldemort. that's why i always stop reading this type of stories.

this one is going in the rigth direction. in tha last chapter it became impossible for harry to trust or just work with albus. harry hates albus with all his might now. As a result i don't think harry will turn light. that's why i am still reading this fic.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #10
Patrik f

I love stories were harry is raised by Voldy, especially when his parents are still alive. This one is better then most as harry does not seam to suddenly wish to to serve the all-powerful light side

I hope Harry tortures and kills Dumbledore, the potters, the weasleys and hermione before escaping hogwarts
Old 05-15-2006, 10:20 PM   #11
doc_gerbil
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrik f
I love stories were harry is raised by Voldy, especially when his parents are still alive. This one is better then most as harry does not seam to suddenly wish to to serve the all-powerful light side

I hope Harry tortures and kills Dumbledore, the potters, the weasleys and hermione before escaping hogwarts
my problem is that is obviously not going to happen. he doesnt actually hate dumbledore.... he thinks he does. he hates what dumbledore made im go through. and he will go light. at least i think so. all clues lead to it. other than that, it was good.

"Hey Hey Hey Hey, smoke weed everyday."

David Chappelle.
doc_gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:19 AM   #12
Patrik f

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_gerbil
my problem is that is obviously not going to happen. he doesnt actually hate dumbledore.... he thinks he does. he hates what dumbledore made im go through. and he will go light. at least i think so. all clues lead to it. other than that, it was good.
I dont agree with that but maybe I missed something. With Dumbledore's brutal attack on Harry's mind and Harry swearing that Dumbledore's death would be the first he would enjoy so did I think that Dumbledore had just made sure that harry would not turn to the light but I might be wrong...
Old 05-16-2006, 10:18 AM   #13
ulkser
Groundskeeper

Send a message via MSN to ulkser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrik f
I dont agree with that but maybe I missed something. With Dumbledore's brutal attack on Harry's mind and Harry swearing that Dumbledore's death would be the first he would enjoy so did I think that Dumbledore had just made sure that harry would not turn to the light but I might be wrong...

i hope you are not wrong. why they make harry becoming light in this type of fics? why isn't harry a static character?? it would be way interesting if he doesn't change and i am sure most people in this site want darkharry!!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #14
SLASH SUCKS
Backtraced

He can still be dark and redeam himself. He could ditch both dumblefock and the Voldster since he knows of the Horcruxes and possibly more than even Dumbledore about where they are located.

It could be more of an independant Harry fic. We already know he's some master assasin he probably could trick voldemort into thinking he was still his son and AK the fock from behind after the horcruxes have been disposed of then he could spit on his dead body the end.

From the forshadowing from the author, Harry doesn't even want to live he's always like i welcome death its so peaceful. i think that would be a cool plot twist just to have Harry go in a blaze of glory killing all of voldemorts eaters and then finally being overcome, after voldemort gets the AK.

Personally, if someone lied to you your whole life wouldn't you want to kill them.
SLASH SUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:37 PM   #15
CGB
Auror

I just read the story and I liked it so far. But it really would be better if Harry won't turn light.
CGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #16
SLASH SUCKS
Backtraced

It has updated. Ch 15 is up!!!
SLASH SUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:33 PM   #17
Patrik f

Great chapter!!

I am wondering if the attack on Hogwarts will follow the attack in Book 6? It sure seams like it.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:25 PM   #18
MysterioX
Professor

Send a message via MSN to MysterioX
The new chapter's OK. I wonder if Fenir Greyback *sp?* will show up.
MysterioX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:17 PM   #19
LT2000
Alchemist

Send a message via AIM to LT2000
I have a bad feeling that the attack is going to fail and Harry will remain in the Order's clutches. I hope not, since I don't really like angst all that much.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:46 AM   #20
Patrik f

If the attack would fail so would it be great if Harry were to make sure Bella would escape and also kill a few Order members. It would be great to see what Dumbledore would do then, would he insist that Harry would turn to the light still or give up?

Tags
author:project dark overlord, complete