Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > Other Fandoms > Fanfic Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Starwind
Unspeakable
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 818
Question for a Naruto fic...

I thought this would be the best place to post it.

Idea I've been toying around with, I have about 2,500 words written already for a story, but say Naruto used the Nine-Tails chakra will in the village before the Mizuki arc to do something good with, would the village act badly towards him, or because the deed he did was helpful to the village, would they ignore it in favor of that? Of course it can only be speculation because no one else is Kishi, but I'd like a few opinions if people don't mind.
__________________

Starwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Agayek
Avatar
 
Agayek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,328
It depends on a few circumstances, mostly on how the populace at large finds out about it and what they know about the situation. There would very likely be a huge panic (and possibly riots) if he just up and went 6+ tails in the middle of the village, no matter the reason. On the other hand, if he visibly and publicly was defending someone else from attack, it would likely be met with a neutral-to-positive response.

In the end, the reason the village at large ostracizes him is purely out of fear of the Kyuubi. The slightest inclination that it is getting free will be addressed with extreme prejudice. If he demonstrates control over the fox though, it would likely be fine after the initial shock.

I could see it going either way, and as an author you have tools available to make it whichever you prefer. There's plenty of people able to influence, if not outright control, public opinion, especially once the rumor mill gets going. A careful word or three could incite a riot against or start a parade for the kid.
__________________
Agayek is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 08-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Kthr
Minister of Magic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 694
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agayek View Post
If he demonstrates control over the fox though, it would likely be fine after the initial shock.
If he control the fox at that point I would stop reading. What you could do was have him snap and go full out on the guy who tried doing something wrong, and be able to subdue the kyubi before he turned to atack random people.

The only away I can see that happening however, is the Hokage showing up and trying to reason with him. Not only he is the only one Naruto respects, but the one most likely to defend against any stray damage caused by enraged Naruto.
__________________
"Deeper, Harry! Deeper, Harry!"
"You're on top. Push down harder, dammit!" he snarled.
-Gentleman Usher of the Scarlet Rod
_________________
“The best defence against the Dark Arts is to know more than the person you’re fighting so you can screw him over with a lot more dangerous spells.”
- Rise of the Vangola
Kthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
Agayek
Avatar
 
Agayek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthr View Post
If he control the fox at that point I would stop reading. What you could do was have him snap and go full out on the guy who tried doing something wrong, and be able to subdue the kyubi before he turned to atack random people.
I meant less he controls the fox and more he points it in the right direction, if you get the difference. We already know it's possible, since he managed it against Haku just fine. A similar event would not carry too severe negative repercussions.

Essentially, if he can demonstrate that he is not a danger, even when drawing on the Kyuubi's power, then the response is likely to be fairly positive. Otherwise, it could incite a full on lynching.
__________________
Agayek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Aekiel
Master of Merrill
People Die when they are Killed
 
Aekiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North East England
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,742
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthr View Post
If he control the fox at that point I would stop reading. What you could do was have him snap and go full out on the guy who tried doing something wrong, and be able to subdue the kyubi before he turned to atack random people.

The only away I can see that happening however, is the Hokage showing up and trying to reason with him. Not only he is the only one Naruto respects, but the one most likely to defend against any stray damage caused by enraged Naruto.
You could easily have Naruto kill the guy (maybe another Kumo attempt at kidnapping someone so that it's not a Konoha citizen?) then have the Hokage plant people to whisper good things about him to the general populace. He defended a valuable clan member and defeated a veteran shinobi from another nation. He put his life on the line to protect Konoha. Things like that would work well for a village that would by necessity venerate its soldiers, and it makes Naruto a part of the village, rather than an outsider.

Besides, if the leader of any nation comes out and states his opinion in straight terms there are going to be some people out there who will disagree with him just to spite him.

Of course you'd need a plot to go on from there, but it's an interesting start.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Days
"Mab," said Mother Winter in a tone of pure disgust, "is too much the romantic."

Which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Mother Winter, right there.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #6
Starwind
Unspeakable
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 818
May aswell say what the idea for the first chapter was, as it won't be a secret a soon as I post it.

Basically a foreign group of shinobi attack the academy hoping to wipe out the most promising group of graduates in a while after reciving intel- I'm unsure on which village at the moment, but I'm thinking either Kiri or Iwa as Kiri is brutal enough and Iwa might want some revenge.

The reason other ninjas take a while to get there is because it's either on the training grounds for some reason, or a field trip, or something of the likes, so it will take a good couple of minutes for the Hokage to get there.

In that time the students and teachers are quickly dispatched with one of the people there that Naruto is fairly close to being murdered in front of him, causing him to snap and lash out, and I think Naruto in Kyubi mode (most likely the initial one) is enough to take out a couple of Chunin - I might be wrong though.

__________________

Starwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
Agayek
Avatar
 
Agayek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNottle View Post
In that time the students and teachers are quickly dispatched with one of the people there that Naruto is fairly close to being murdered in front of him, causing him to snap and lash out, and I think Naruto in Kyubi mode (most likely the initial one) is enough to take out a couple of Chunin - I might be wrong though.

Naruto using the same bit he did against Haku would be more than sufficient to take out a handful of Chuunin. The "oh shit" factor of one of their squishy, helpless targets erupting with as much, if not more, power as most Jounin would provide more than enough shock and awe to let him overwhelm his targets.

In a prolonged fight, it certainly wouldn't work, but as a rage-fueled counterattack, I could see it working.
__________________
Agayek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
nath1607
Seventh Year
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wales, UK
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 271
Didn't he do that in the Chunnin exams essentially?

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/103/19
nath1607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
Starwind
Unspeakable
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 818
I'm not talking about a slight enhanced rage, I meant malicious, vicousness...
__________________

Starwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
Lion
Unspeakable
 
Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: That place
Gender: Male
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekiel View Post
You could easily have Naruto kill the guy (maybe another Kumo attempt at kidnapping someone so that it's not a Konoha citizen?) then have the Hokage plant people to whisper good things about him to the general populace. He defended a valuable clan member and defeated a veteran shinobi from another nation. He put his life on the line to protect Konoha. Things like that would work well for a village that would by necessity venerate its soldiers, and it makes Naruto a part of the village, rather than an outsider.

Besides, if the leader of any nation comes out and states his opinion in straight terms there are going to be some people out there who will disagree with him just to spite him.

Of course you'd need a plot to go on from there, but it's an interesting start.
I would think the Hokage would have people whispering Naruto's praises when he made the announcement. Crowds are swayed by initial reactions from peers.
__________________
Quote:
<Lion>Those are hard to come by ever since that dick Abraham Lincoln freed my people
<Zennith>What a fucker
<Lion>I know right
<dhulli>exactly
<Zennith>Serious douche
<JBlaise>wtf you faggots
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #11
The Berkeley Hunt
Headmaster
 
The Berkeley Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Nevernever
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Posts: 975
Send a message via MSN to The Berkeley Hunt
Going by my own understanding of canon, people hate the fox. It's not even fear, though that is a part of it. Like any trauma, the wounds extend over time. If Naruto showed hints of the fox in his actions or in his chakra, there is no way it would go positively for him.

If he caused damage, then the fox is back and its time to kill or exile it. If he helped the village, then the container is unstable and kill/exile. People didn't like Naruto when he was a pretty fun kid on the basis of a possible, but unlikely resurgence of a genocidal alter-ego, and any hint of that alter-ego would inspire panic and fear.

In canon, Naruto is established as a guy more powerful than anyone else in the village, hands-down, before he is truly accepted. Only once he is that capable, the people believe he can contain Kyuubi. This was also helped along by a couple years without the nuclear boy sitting around your highly flammable village. If you put an idiot kid like Naruto, who by all acounts was an annoying prick that everybody at least disliked, into a situation like that, I just can't see a positive outcome.
The Berkeley Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #12
Iztiak
God of Magic
 
Iztiak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,524
Quote:
then the container is unstable and kill/exile.
See, I just cannot take anyone seriously who mentions exile with a straight face.

Really. Just think about it for a minute.
__________________
Iztiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 08-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #13
tragicmat1
Headmaster
 
tragicmat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Madrid
Gender: Male
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Berkeley Hunt View Post
Going by my own understanding of fanon, people hate the fox. It's not even fear, though that is a part of it. Like any trauma, the wounds extend over time. If Naruto showed hints of the fox in his actions or in his chakra, there is no way it would go positively for him.
Fixed.



The people in the village are not as stupid as fanon seem to portray most of the times. Naruto used Kyuubi's chakra during the Chunin Exams, and while it came as a surprise, it wasn't exactly a "Oh no, the fox is coming out, kill the kid now!" In fact, I'm pretty sure he'd have to use it again to summon Gamabunta and people were fine with it because either they knew it was under control or they can't even sense this chakra.




Anyways, in response to OP, if Naruto used Kyuubi's power to do good, it shouldn't really be looked at in a negative light by the majority of the civilian, and none in the eyes of the shinobi. If he damages parts of the village though, that may be a different story. But really, it could go however you want it as an author.
tragicmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #14
The Berkeley Hunt
Headmaster
 
The Berkeley Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Nevernever
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Posts: 975
Send a message via MSN to The Berkeley Hunt
No, if we went by fanon there'd be yearly beatings and ninja's secretly joining in etc, etc. And yes, exile might not be a great idea, but I was thinking along the lines of exile with Jiraiya, or somewhere under Konoha control outside of Konoha. Not that hard to get to.

The main difference is that he proves himself. Most people didn't like him because he was an annoying bastard, and when that kid has that kind of power available, people will get very nervous even outside of Kyuubi. And seriously, if your ninja aren't even a little concerned about possible misuse of power there, for shame.

If used in the manner of the exams, against another Jinchuuriki, then its a lot more acceptable, but if against a ninja or in the village proper when not at war, there'd be a more negative reaction. In your story, you can spin it however, obviously, but thats how it'd be. tragicmat1, can you say that there would just be no negative opinion at all by ninja of a child with Kyuubi level power actively using it. If anything, what you've get here is your own fanon effecting your thinking.
The Berkeley Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
Aekiel
Master of Merrill
People Die when they are Killed
 
Aekiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North East England
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,742
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Berkeley Hunt View Post
tragicmat1, can you say that there would just be no negative opinion at all by ninja of a child with Kyuubi level power actively using it. If anything, what you've get here is your own fanon effecting your thinking.
You do remember that this is a world where child soldiers are not only common but practically the norm, right? I mean, Itachi was 13 when he became a captain in ANBU. Kakashi was a Jounin by that age too. So extremely powerful children aren't exactly unknown to the village. It's just that the Kyuubi struck at the heart of Konoha, so the communal wounds of that attack haven't really had time to heal.

Canon Naruto does that through his good deeds and the likes, in this scenario he has simultaneously proven himself loyal to Konoha (even under the influence of the Kyuubi) and willing to risk his own life to defend others. In a world where hired assassins are the primary source of income for a village, I can't really see them reacting too badly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Days
"Mab," said Mother Winter in a tone of pure disgust, "is too much the romantic."

Which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Mother Winter, right there.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #16
Starwind
Unspeakable
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 818
Thanks for that, it's helped a lot.

A question that came up for me while writing the scene in which he goes into the nine-tails mode, I've looked on the fansites/databook sites and they say the rage helps him draw upon the Kyubi, so with a Naruto with no bonds, and more intune with his darker side before he was accepted by anyone, does anyone think he would have an easier time getting the nine-tails chakra working?

Thanks...
__________________

Starwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #17
The Berkeley Hunt
Headmaster
 
The Berkeley Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Nevernever
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Posts: 975
Send a message via MSN to The Berkeley Hunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekiel View Post
You do remember that this is a world where child soldiers are not only common but practically the norm, right? I mean, Itachi was 13 when he became a captain in ANBU. Kakashi was a Jounin by that age too. So extremely powerful children aren't exactly unknown to the village. It's just that the Kyuubi struck at the heart of Konoha, so the communal wounds of that attack haven't really had time to heal.

Canon Naruto does that through his good deeds and the likes, in this scenario he has simultaneously proven himself loyal to Konoha (even under the influence of the Kyuubi) and willing to risk his own life to defend others. In a world where hired assassins are the primary source of income for a village, I can't really see them reacting too badly.
The problem is the timing - Itachi and Kakashi, two eminent examples of children with powers were fucking badass at young ages, but more importantly they had control. Naruto before Team 7 is little more than an untrained idiot. He is an unknown quantity, a wildcard able to power through some serious shit. And a dickhead child that nobody trusts. Yes I think the ninja village would have a problem with that.

To answer JNottle, Naruto pre control lessons really only activates Kyuubi chakra when he really, really needs it. Making him have an 'easier' time might be appropriate, but only when he is in a very tough battle or when ambushed etc, but not when just running around or training. Making it an at will thing is pretty OP.
The Berkeley Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #18
TheWiseTomato
Avatar
 
TheWiseTomato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Australia.
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,631
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNottle View Post
Basically a foreign group of shinobi attack the academy hoping to wipe out the most promising group of graduates in a while after reciving intel- I'm unsure on which village at the moment, but I'm thinking either Kiri or Iwa as Kiri is brutal enough and Iwa might want some revenge.
If shinobi from another Great Nation attacked a class full of the children of the most prominent citizens of Konoha, you're talking war. It was one thing for Sarutobi to move to appease Kumo after they tried to kidnap Hinata, but an attempt on ALL of the clan heads children...you'd have to have the perpertrators remain anonymous in this case, and I can't see that lasting all too long if Konoha put all their effort into finding out who was responsible.

Also, Agayek, a strike like this wouldn't be carried out by Chuunin. I'm thinking a few of the more powerful Jounin of whatever village was behind it. Naruto could probably catch one or even two off guard, but after that the survivors are going to be playing keep-away with him. He'd be able to fully occupy their attentions until the first response nailed them, though.
__________________
Yes, you do have a soul. It tastes like butterscotch pudding.


This isn't even my final form!


"Come and fight you whoresons! I am Druss and this is Death!"
TheWiseTomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #19
C.J.C
Professor
 
C.J.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Queensland, Australia.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 323
Small problem though, wise tomato. It would be (most likely) a group of no more then three shinobi, none of them exeptionally strong, however strong enough to deal with two chunin and kill a bunch of kids. That way, if they were caught in the act, Iwa/Kiri could then deny their own involvement and not run the risk of loss of one of their own shinobi who was actually powerful. It woukd be a way to get around all possibility of war and, if they were not caught, who cares, it's done.

By the way, I don't think Kiri would do that with the civil war going on.
C.J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #20
Chengar Qordath
Avatar
 
Chengar Qordath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNottle View Post
Thanks for that, it's helped a lot.

A question that came up for me while writing the scene in which he goes into the nine-tails mode, I've looked on the fansites/databook sites and they say the rage helps him draw upon the Kyubi, so with a Naruto with no bonds, and more intune with his darker side before he was accepted by anyone, does anyone think he would have an easier time getting the nine-tails chakra working?

Thanks...
Yeah, he probably would have easier access to the Fox's chakra, but the thing is that while rage helps him draw on the power, it also tends to mean his self-control goes out the window. Worst-case, he could end up like Gaara was back during the Chunin Exams.
__________________
Current Fics:
Souls Light (Dresden/Evangelion Crossover) @ DLP @ FFN
Forever! and My Little Denarians (Dresden/MLP:FiM Crossover)
Cutting Loose (Naruto): @FFN
Chengar Qordath is offline   Reply With Quote


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on what to do Johndoe022 Real Life Discussion 12 04-28-2011 06:34 PM
Naruto Challenge #2 - Naruto & Cloud Country Chime Story Challenges 12 01-07-2010 03:41 PM
The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto: Soul of Fire by General Grievous - T - Naruto/WoW Dark Syaoran Recycling Bin 4 08-24-2009 05:58 PM
Abandoned - The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto by General Grievous - T - Naruto/WoW oldmagic Naruto 13 11-14-2008 03:43 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2005 - 2011 Darklordpotter.net. All rights reserved.
No personal intellectual property on this site may be used without the credit and express permission of the respective authors.