Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > General Fics
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 08-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
Photon
Order Member

Adventures in Child Care and Other One Shots by Perspicacity - M

Title: Adventures in Child Care and Other One Shots
Author: Perspicacity
Rating: M
Genre: Humor, drama
Chapters: 17
Words: 37,291
Updated: August 19, 2013
Published: January 28, 2008

Library Category: General fics (classified on ff.net as humor but 1/3 is rather something else)
Pairings: various
Summary: "An assortment of Harry Potter one shots starting with my first: "Ron and Hermione deal with the aftermath of having Harry take care of their toddler. Much to their dismay, he proves to be a corrupting influence." Will be updated from time to time. Stories contain crossovers with several fictional worlds, including the Cthulhu Mythos, Starship Troopers, Star Wars, and James Bond."
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4038774/...ther-One-Shots

Index of chapters, I marked the best ones with (!!!). Genre is humor unless noted otherwise:
  1. "Ron and Hermione deal with the aftermath of having Harry take care of their toddler. Much to their dismay, he proves to be a corrupting influence."
  2. proof that even the worst idea may end as a good story
  3. Ginny kill-off
  4. "Fleur uses her Veela power and a bit of family magic to orchestrate an escape for her and Harry."
  5. about Ron and Wizard's Chess
  6. "Inspired by the Reverse Severitus challenge on DLP, but modified to make it a little more weird." (!!!)
  7. a set of drabbles ("They're nothing special and are posted here primarily for archival purposes.")
  8. crossover with "Starship Troopers" [genre: drama]
  9. What if the Ministry were not so forgiving regarding Hermione's illegal magic use outside of school?" [genre: drama] (!!!)
  10. Sirius Gives Harry 'The Talk' (WbA thread)
  11. sequel to the Sirius Gives Harry 'The Talk.'
  12. "Ickle Ronnikins" - about Ron and twins [genre: drama/horror]
  13. Harry's Animagus form is Cthulhu
  14. Hermione interlude - "Is this real, or has it all been inside my head?"
  15. The Only One the Dark Lord Feared - "How would the entire HBP and the DH universe change if Albus Dumbledore's animated statue is a second late in intercepting Voldemort's AK in the ministry atrium in OOTP?" [genre: drama] (!!!)
  16. based on "You should have dropped the case when I told you Potter, those many years ago." Robards gives his subordinate the same smile that he had used to shepherd Muggle-Borns to the Registration Committee. prompt [genre: drama/tragedy/horror]
  17. Whispers of Death. Promt: "When Voldemort's body hit the floor Harry thought it was all over. How could he have known that the Elder Wand could speak? If only in whispers."

Checked by Minion, August 20, 2013

Last edited by Dark Minion; 08-20-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
Invictus
Heir

Loved it, almosts all of them are from very good to excellent, but the Chess and Harry baby-sitter are epic. Well, it is Pers, so high quality is guaranteed, be it in fics or in comments here. And then, there is Dobby Yoda.

Last edited by Invictus; 08-09-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
NTD
High Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to NTD
Please be sure to link to the first chapter of any fic, independent stories per chapter or not.
Will rate after I've read a few.

Edit: Okay I read through up to the Lovecraft oneshot, which is by far my favorite of them yet, and they're all well worth the read. I did skim through a few but that was simply because they were a premise I didn't have any real interest in. Even so this easily rates a 4/5 for me, thanks for throwing it up here.

Last edited by NTD; 08-09-2013 at 01:11 PM.
NTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 08-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
CheddarTrek
Set Phasers to Melt

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I recently read the Chess story (completely apart from it being here), and it was good times. I've read at least 3-4 of the others at some point.

Overall the quality is high for the ones I've read. 4.5/5
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
~Jean-Luc Picard

CheddarTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 08-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
MineIron
Muggle

Fantastic,I liked every story.Grammar and spelling are top notch,and I really loved "Ickle Ronnikins".4/5 from me.

Last edited by MineIron; 08-11-2013 at 08:54 PM.
MineIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #6
readerboy7
Fourth Year

these are good, although they seemed to be declining in quality a bit. the ctulthu one and the second one were excellent. 4.6/5 , but rounded up.
readerboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Vulcan
Groundskeeper

These are good stories. My favorite are Wizard's Chess, Negotiations and Cold Case.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:perspicacity