Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Almost Recommended
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donor Bar
PatronusCharm Banner

Old 12-05-2006, 04:46 AM   #1
Kung_lou
Sixth Year

Send a message via Skype™ to Kung_lou
Chaos on the Hellmouth by Kung lou - T

Title: Choas on the Hell mouth
Author: Kung lou
Rating: T
Genre: AU
DLP Genre: Alternate
Pairing: None
Chapters: 6
Words: 61,415
Updated: June 13, 2007
Published: November 1, 2006

Summary: Harry Potter had fielded and led vast armies, manipulated intergalactic wars and raised mankind to the heights of first ones but he had not actually existed until a chaos mage had sabotaged a Halloween on the hell mouth.
Link : http://www.tthfanfic.com/Story-10994/kunglou+Chaos+on+the+Hellmouth+HP+BtVS.htm
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3225186/...-the-Hellmouth

Ok - Basic premise, Xander has a secret HP fetish and dresses up as a futuristic HP on Halloween. Chaos mage yada yada, a number of you have seen this in work by author but I think it has reached a decent enough length that I can start asking for some crtical judgement/reveiws on characters/plot/the usual.

Checked by Minion, August 12, 2013
The TFF-Link isn't working any longer.
If someone knows the correct link, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by Dark Minion; 08-12-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Kung_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:04 AM   #2
Nexus
Professor

Didn't particularly like the starting, nor was the plot gripping enough to grab my attention. But that might be because of personal bias against crossovers.

Also the 4 crossovers thing was a bit of a moodkiller.
I'd rate it 2/5 at the best.

.:.:. Where the Light is cruel and callous, Where it takes freedom and pride, There surge we Blackened Denarii with our Wings from Hell and our Dark Embrace. .:.:.

Humanity is infinite...........Stupidity is infinite...........Go figure.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:12 AM   #3
Kung_lou
Sixth Year

You did realise that this is third in a series - A matter of perception
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3225186/1/

- Once more the Underdogs
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3214337/1/

- Chaos on the Hellmouth

and that While Technically its not necesary to read the other WIP it helps with some of the background?

Last edited by Kung_lou; 12-05-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #4
Nexus
Professor

Well you did not mention that. You asked for my opinion when you posted this story particularly. Also as per rules posting format includes putting in the link of the story that you have posted and not your FF account.

.:.:. Where the Light is cruel and callous, Where it takes freedom and pride, There surge we Blackened Denarii with our Wings from Hell and our Dark Embrace. .:.:.

Humanity is infinite...........Stupidity is infinite...........Go figure.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
Kung_lou
Sixth Year

Okay - I just thought your opinion may have been different outside of a vaccuum.

Thank you. What about the crossovers did you not enjoy? Did the story feel to crowded with ideas?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:06 PM   #6
PsyckoSama
Groundskeeper

So basically a psychic murderous over the top evil psycho harry steals Xander's body due to a Dues Ex.

2/5 and I think that I'm being generous.

Visit Giant Stompy Robots: Role Playing, Fan Fiction, and Bipedal War Machines!
PsyckoSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #7
jaspernoone
First Year

Send a message via MSN to jaspernoone
That was...slightly confusing...so many un...it was a pain in the ass if you will, sorry but it just didn't jump out and ensnare the mind if u will, it just...just annoying to try and read. 1/5, and i am being generous
Old 12-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #8
Quill Runner
First Year

The thing that troubled me about this series is how radically everything spins away from canon. The only thing that anchors the story to the Potterverse is the fact that the protagonist is named Harry Potter. His character profile doesn't intersect at all with his canon equivalent. This is understandable given the root story, which I vaguely recall reading a bit of.

I also am not interested in where the story is heading. From the first couple of chapters, it appears that the fic is going to be about Harry stomping all over the Buffy characters on his way to greatness. They appear to bea a rather pathetic obstacle, which makes me wonder why they're there in the first place.

3/5.

QR
Quill Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #9
Kung_lou
Sixth Year

I think your overestimating Harry's abillities

Harry is a wizard ripped out of time, away from his powerbase and into a new body.

His people have been exterminated in an ancient conflict led by people seemingly more powerful than he at his peak. It will take months, years to gain even a fraction of the power he lost back.

He may be ruthless, vicious and sadistic but that has now been tempered by the constant conflict instilled by his newly found hamanity - a conflict which may never be resolved.

Unknown threats seem to hover both from his old universe and his new.

Yes Harry is massively AU - thios is the third WIP in the series ( I AM Still working on the other two) but Harry will defineatly NOT be smoking over anyone.

Tags
author:kung_lou, buffy, complete, crossover