Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Almost Recommended
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donor Bar
PatronusCharm Banner

Old 01-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
X-Man
Second Year

A Change in Destiny by G.L.M. - T

Title: A Change in Destiny
Author: G.L.M
Rating: T
Genre: Action/Adventure/Drama
DLP Category: Dark arts
Pairing: Harry/Luna so far.
Summary: Fourth Year. What if Harry's 'Golden Gryffindor' personality was fake, hiding a secret darkness, and the person he least suspected realized it? ...And that person told YouKnowWho? Dark!Harry.
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3219081/1/

This is a pretty decent dark Harry story, starting during 4th year. Harry's also training in the dark arts helped by Crouch Jr. Not many cliches and good grammar and spelling. So I give it a solid 4/5.

Checked by Minion, August 12, 2013
Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by Dark Minion; 08-12-2013 at 03:20 PM.
X-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
doc_gerbil
Sixth Year

not a whole lot of problems with it, although so far there is little explination as to his sudden and extreme turn away from dumbledore. and continuously usiong the term "goody-goody" is kinda annoying. its not like that phrase doesn't have an abundance of synonyms. also, harry just sorta makes a CD player run on magic. reworks a highly complicated muggle electrical system to run off of an obscure power that no one, let alone the muggles who built the machine, knew about. seems a bit of a stretch that it would be "just a simple charm" which the author was actually too lazy to name or describe. 3/5. maybe it'll get better.

"Hey Hey Hey Hey, smoke weed everyday."

David Chappelle.

Last edited by doc_gerbil; 01-20-2007 at 05:33 PM.
doc_gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
invisdible
Second Year

Don't be too put off by the first few chapters, the author's writing (and plot) gets better as the story progresses - and the cd player is never mentioned again. I've been watching this one for a while... it's not spectacular, but it's still a good way to spend half an hour all the same.

3.75/5 or so.
invisdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
Kari Black
DA Member

It's not too bad. Something to read if you're bored and can't find anything better. 2.75-3/5
Kari Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:27 AM   #5
Richard
Supreme Mugwump

lol Low scores from you guys, eh? I really enjoyed this story, and I've seen quite a few shitty stories. Too bad it's not at the part where he joins LV yet. Really wanted to see that, actually. I tend to like stories where he turns into LV's right hand Death Eater.

In any case, I don't find very many Evil Harry fics, and when I "do" find one, they're either one shots or the author's simply stopped writing on it after like 15k of words. I hope he updates soon, its been a couple weeks since then.

Any of you guys know any really long chaptered stories where Potter's evil from the start?

Rich.

Edit: Forgot...I rate the story 4/5.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:12 AM   #6
ip82
Prisoner

I remember reading this a while ago. Pretty amateurish story, but interesting in its own way.

Biggest downside - Eviiil dark arts combined with canon-compliant author. It means Harry will either see the error of his ways before the end, or die as some sort of karmic justice for his corruption.

4/5

Potter's Resistance 1: Breaking Ties -> DLP Thread
Yin and Yang -> DLP Thread

Ficwad Profile || HP Recycle Bin || Crap filter C2
Rule no. 1 - You do not talk about Alpha Fight Club...
ip82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
Richard
Supreme Mugwump

lol I certainly hope not, cuz I thought it was good. I hope he still turns evil an shit. Cannon Harry is just boring as hell, Rowling made Potter a damn pussy that's got no damn backbone at all and it just seemed like Rowling didn't care that Harry lived with abusive people, and not go to any higher ups or no plans to sack Snape (Who I honestly think should have his head on a pike). It's just gay that some authors make Harry a whiny little turd that follows people blindly with no independance what so ever.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:40 AM   #8
Azrael's Little Helper
High Inquisitor

A long last...we have an update. A filler chapter that I think should have been woven into another longer chapter rather than a freestanding one as it really doesn't advance the story much. The upside of all this is that it seems that the author will be updating much more regularly now.

“Don’t we all,” Slick cracked
Azrael's Little Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:00 AM   #9
Richard
Supreme Mugwump

Hmm...its finally updated. Just a filler chapter and he says the next is supposed to be posted in a couple days. Wish he updated sooner though...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:30 AM   #10
Vegemeister
Seventh Year

Quote:
He shrunk the books with a Dark shrinking spell, which could only be undone by the caster.

It was meant to be used on enemies. You could shrink them 'till they were around four inches tall, then stomp on them, snap their tiny necks, bake them in an oven like a cookie, or simply put them in an unbreakable jar and either put little holes in the top and leave them there, or watch them suffocate slowly from lack of air. Harry found the spell rather amusing.
Perhaps they make a dark ass-wiping spell as well? The shit forms a convenient hovering ball ready to be banished in whichever direction the dark wizard chooses.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #11
[KS18]Raziel44
Card Captored and buttsecksed

4,25/5 from me... the story was good to read but some parts were boring
[KS18]Raziel44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #12
jkrofanatic14

I thought that this was an awesome story!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #13
Muttering Condolences
Card Captored and buttsecksed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegemeister View Post
Perhaps they make a dark ass-wiping spell as well? The shit forms a convenient hovering ball ready to be banished in whichever direction the dark wizard chooses.
Dark ass-wiping spell = Hours of lulz.
Muttering Condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:26 AM   #14
Demonic Chair Stealer
Second Year

I liked it in spite of Harry's characterization.

In this story he just hates everyone, and however entertaining it is to see the weasel and the mudblood taken down a peg or twelve he has no basis to hate everyone. He insults people left and right, people that he has never really had any contact with. The author needs to tune down the bashing slightly and focus more on the story itself.

But there are positives as well. The fact that he turned dark early on instead of waiting until after ootp is a major plus. Idea of him being trained by Crouch Jr is also interesting.

So in conclusion, good if you are bored, but not great.

2.5/5
Old 08-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #15
Kinser
Fourth Year

It appears that this story is abandoned now. And that is a shame, although I wouldn't give it top marks, it isn't utter crap like I've seen around lately. The Characterization is flawed, I think that has been mentioned before. For example there is no progression from being the "Golden Trio" to being Jr. Dark Lord.

Over all I give it 3 of 5 for good but amateur-ish effort.
Kinser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #16
Pyromaniac
Third Year

Why the hell did you necro this, Alex? While we may appreciate the notice that it is apparently abandoned, most of us figure such things out by the lack of FFN notices in our inboxes.

"Remember in elementary school you were told that in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single line from shortest to tallest? Where's the logic in that? Do taller people burn slower?"
--Warren Hutcherson
Pyromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:06 AM   #17
Tinn Tam
Alumni
Review Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac View Post
Why the hell did you necro this, Alex? While we may appreciate the notice that it is apparently abandoned, most of us figure such things out by the lack of FFN notices in our inboxes.
Actually, necroposting is accepted in the Library if you have something constructive to say. Story abandoned + an intelligent (if short) overall review = constructive.

Oh, and moving this to the Recycling Bin.

Inq made the pic.
Tinn Tam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandoned, author:g.l.m., harry/luna