Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  

Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Almost Recommended
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donor Bar
PatronusCharm Banner

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
Shezza
Denarii Host
Renegade 4 Life
 
Shezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,342
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Black Rock and Roll by Mage-Alia - Warcraft - T

Title: Black Rock and Roll
Author: Mage-Alia
Genre: Action/Adventure
DLP-Category: Alternates
Rating: T
Pairing: None
Crossover: Warcraft Three: Reign of Chaos
Summary: Harry is swept through space and time to Lorderon near the beginning of the invasion of the burning legion and the rise of the Scourge. He’s on his own with no allies or friends, just himself and the will to survive his new world. Nopairings

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3211053/1/

Pretty much as it reads. The first, and only, WC3/HP crossover I've ever seen before. So far I like where it's headin and at the moment, I'm feeling far too lazy to give you the details, so have a read.

Edit: Almost forgot the bloody link again....*sigh*
Shezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #2
Jon
Administrator
The Ḑ͉͙̫̑̂ͮ̎̍͒̽̉̆̀ͅȇ̱̯̘̖̾͐͐͂͢m̴̢͙̟̤̤̝̍ͫ͂̏̒́͘o̒n
 
Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,154
Send a message via Skype™ to Jon
Read the first chapter...

HOLY FUCK SEARINOX. >_<

Interesting no doubt, the author has eliminated the Humans, Orc, and Scourge straight away. All that remains is the night elves, demons and possibly Dalaran
__________________
FFN Profile || WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB || Patronus

"Jon's fics are kinda like children in a way.
Bright, pretty, smart—children that any father would kill to have.
And he just tells them he needs to buy a pack of cigarettes."

—Lungs, 2015

Last edited by Jon; 01-28-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
MrINBN
Unspeakable
 
MrINBN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 735
Send a message via Yahoo to MrINBN
Read all of it so far. Not bad, but not great. I'm glad that the author portrays the dragons correctly. 3.75/5 (gonna round up to 4)
__________________
MrINBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
TheIllusiveOne
Raptured to Hell
 
TheIllusiveOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 624
Sadly, I can count on one hand the number of crossovers where Harry is, at the very least, semi intelligent. Unfortunately, this isn't one of them. Bellowing like an idiot and throwing punches at a man who just killed a dragon is fucking stupid, tramatized or not. Especially when he is hugely out-numbered, and alone without any means to defend himself. 2/5, because despite Harry being a moron as usual, the rest of it was interesting.
TheIllusiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:49 AM   #5
haroon_angel
Fourth Year
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: karachi,pakistan
Gender: Male
Posts: 125
this one is alright i guess

Please try and come up with more then this next time. Explain why you did/didn't like it, one liner's are just a waste of forum space. -DGD
__________________
Note To Fellow Members,
Please Excuse Me For The Grammar Mistakes As English Is Not My First Language.
Thank You
haroon_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
Aekiel
Order Member
Angle of Mispeling
 
Aekiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Mouth of Ports
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 824
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Pretty good in my opinion, even though I know nothing of Warcraft. I give it 4/5.

Oh, and TIO - if you been dragged into a different dimension by creatures you'd never even heard of before, watched you family and neighbours killed in a horribly brutal fashion, would you be upset when the one safe place in the world was destroyed? By a guy who looks like one of your worst enemies. I doubt you'd be in a right state of mind at that point. So trying to kill the guy who killed your protector is not such a big leap.

Plus, he's pretty much running on empty at this point (as said by the author) and his sanity is being battered a good bit. Not good for him me thinks.

Again, 4/5 cause its looking to be an interesting fic, and cause Arthas is gonna get killed or something. Damn zealous soldiers get on my nerves.

Aekiel
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custer
We're holding out for more SasuNaru goodness.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Steam Profile
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
DemonDream
Professor
 
DemonDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 402
Send a message via Yahoo to DemonDream
Dammit Aekiel, I was going to say that! Meh, but I do like this story. It is following the story of Warcraft 3 sufficiently that it is a crossover, but not so much that it is a re-write. 4/5.
__________________

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
DemonDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
Afiz
First Year
 
Afiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Southern California
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Nice enough story 3.5/5

However, Won't continue reading. Looking at the authors profile, this as great potential to involve alot of slash. Sorry, no can do.
Afiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:59 PM   #9
TheIllusiveOne
Raptured to Hell
 
TheIllusiveOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 624
You have no idea what the authors intentions were and your simply making excuses. I disagree, period. He knew the guy for barely two weeks. He even said the only reason the dragon let him live was because "he amused him". If he had any shred of intelligence whatsoever he would have hid after the dragon died and ran. Attacking a large number of people who have shown to use lethal force when you have no experience in hand to hand combat and no weapon to defend yourself with is stupid no matter how you look at it.

Although, when I posted that I only read the first chapter, it gets really good when Harry starts using Magic again and fighting in the second and third chapters, new vote: 4/5.

Last edited by TheIllusiveOne; 01-29-2007 at 02:19 PM.
TheIllusiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
Aekiel
Order Member
Angle of Mispeling
 
Aekiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Mouth of Ports
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 824
DLP Supporter Donor Star
I don't think you got my meaning in the last post.
He. Is. In. Shock.
He. Is. Not. Thinking. Logically.

Apart from the fact that the dragon's den was more like a home than the Dursley's have ever gave him and he's got a place in the 'home', as story teller and general nanny for the whelps.

It was his new home and Searinox was almost a friend, or a guardian. Plus, Harry's had people trying to kill him for years now, finding someone/something that's not trying to do that would be a welcome change.

Aekiel

EDIT: When an old pet of yours died when you were a kid did you think, "Oh, fair enough, it was his time to go so there's no use grieving"? Or were you like every other kid in the world, who cried their eyes out and wished it wasn't true?

EDIT2: If the answer is the former, you are a strange person who can't judge emotional reactions because you have none.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custer
We're holding out for more SasuNaru goodness.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Steam Profile

Last edited by Aekiel; 01-29-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #11
TheIllusiveOne
Raptured to Hell
 
TheIllusiveOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 624
Your. Making. Stupid. Excuses.
He. Was. There. For. 2. Weeks.
Your. Arguement. Makes. No. Sense.
TheIllusiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #12
Myst
Headmaster
 
Myst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ahoskie, NC
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,186
Obviously Illusive got a big Fat F in Psychology.

Anyways this fic was somewhat decent, although Warcraft isnt my favorite universe. I'll give it a rating as it gets a tad longer.
__________________


My Harry Potter Fic:

To Win a War

PC | FF.net
Myst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #13
Aekiel
Order Member
Angle of Mispeling
 
Aekiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Mouth of Ports
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 824
DLP Supporter Donor Star
2 weeks after seeing his entire family killed, along with a good portion of his neighbours, finding out he has next to no chance of going home.

Plus, Searinox saved him from the orcs then took him in and protected him. Gave him a place in his his/her home (is it a he or a she?) and made him feel wanted. Don't underestimate the effect of being saved from certain death. Face it, Searinox showed him kindness when most people treated him like shit. Even if it is a dragon, Harry's never been bothered by race/species. Just look at Lupin, nearly killed him & Hermione, but does that stop him from liking the guy? Nope. Same principle here, only less of the attempted murder.

On a final note.
You. Are. An. Idiot.
You. Will. Not. See. Reason.

Goodnight, Aekiel.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custer
We're holding out for more SasuNaru goodness.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Steam Profile
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:19 PM   #14
TheIllusiveOne
Raptured to Hell
 
TheIllusiveOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 624
So, he's lucid enough after seeing his family of 15 years killed to run away, but after seeing a dragon he's known for two weeks die he goes into shock? Right, makes sense. Keep throwing out bullshit arguments, I'm sure some people will blindly back you up. And Myst, I'm sure Psychology classes would help me understand how a boy can go into shock after seeing a dragon killed, who incidentally saved him from orcs, fucktard.
TheIllusiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #15
Aekiel
Order Member
Angle of Mispeling
 
Aekiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Mouth of Ports
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 824
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIllusiveOne View Post
So, he's lucid enough after seeing his family of 15 years killed to run away, but after seeing a dragon he's known for two weeks die he goes into shock? Right, makes sense. Keep throwing out bullshit arguments, I'm sure some people will blindly back you up. And Myst, I'm sure Psychology classes would help me understand how a boy can go into shock after seeing a dragon killed, who incidentally saved him from orcs, fucktard.
1) He was in a life threatening position - Harry thrives in those sort of situations.

2) He didn't like the Dursleys or their neighbours - In that case it was either run or be killed. I know which I'd choose. He couldn't realistically save all those people and he was pretty much running on adrenaline at that point, so he regressed to the basic choice - Fight or Flight. He chose flight. And he wouldn't think he'd be entirely lucid at that point either. Fear and panic can do that to you.

3) The dragon gave him an illusion of safety - would you willingly leave your only safe point in a world you know nothing about. Jesus, he didn't even have a wand to defend himself with, he'd be killed in minutes! Not to mention that he'd have grown fond of the whelps by that point as well. Like getting a new puppy, it only takes a day or two before its you favourite pet ever.

Even a basic understanding of the human mind will tell you that we will flock to places we deem safe, and won't budge if at all possible. Harry found a safe place in a world he knew nothing about, would you stay there or go out into a completely new world where the only creatures you've seen are orcs?

I should really just give up because I know you're not going to see reason, no matter how many logical reasons I give. Stubborn people who refuse to see when they are wrong are the worst.

Aekiel
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custer
We're holding out for more SasuNaru goodness.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Steam Profile

Last edited by Aekiel; 01-29-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #16
Spacks
Order Member
Porn King
 
Spacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Queensland, Australia
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 665
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to Spacks Send a message via Skype™ to Spacks
omg omg omg *humps Shezza*
__________________



"I hate you," she sobbed, dropping to your knees.

"Don't take it personally," I said, pulling down my sweat pants. "It's just business."

R.I.P Sal

Spacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #17
Oujou Akaash
Unspeakable
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 783
Holy Crap! I have been waiting for a crossover fic for Warcraft for like...2 years. And who cares if he's a moron or not. He is a moron who is a human. While you guys argue I'm going to read this fic and hope that this comes out good.

Last edited by Oujou Akaash; 02-05-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Oujou Akaash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #18
Cjonbloodletter
Seventh Year
 
Cjonbloodletter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the stomach of a whale, saving the fishpeople princess
Gender: Male
Posts: 270
Hey is this fic be-ing posted in any other sites besides Fanfiction.net, I don't often have time to read these things at home and my school for some reason or another blocked the site in their servers. It's stupid really, I mean it's a site that promotes reading and writing and administration goes and blocks it
__________________
Cjonbloodletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #19
KenderCleric
Auror
Lord of Plot Bunnies
 
KenderCleric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Terra Atlantus
Gender: Male
Posts: 652
Send a message via AIM to KenderCleric Send a message via MSN to KenderCleric
Hmm.

3.2/5 for basic story.
10/5 for Arthas getting his arse kicked by a kid.
2/5 for Harry being an idiot.

Overall so far: 3.5/5 on the "doesn't suck, but 'ehh'" scale.
__________________
Evil Kender Cleric
Pureblood Capitalist Opressor
"There is NO excuse for Snape as anything other than dead."
KenderCleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #20
Burn
Second Year
 
Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 51
Send a message via Skype™ to Burn
Somewhat choppy, but good

This is one of those stories that is original and refreshing, but manages to be abrasive at the same time because it does not flow smoothly. Seems just seem to jump around. The chapters break one scene up with no leads at the beginning of chapters to keep the flow going. The scenes just continue. While not really wrong, the author lacks the ability to keep a continuous flow. I believe that comes with time and experience though. The idea is good, the fic really needs a rewrite when it's finished. I love the idea of Arthas getting his ass whipped though. He always pissed me off in Warcraft III.
__________________
"I didn't attend school. As much as I was sold as a domestic servant to a weapons smuggler named Fierenze. After I killed him and won my freedom, I considered my education more or less complete."
Burn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:mage-alia, crossover, warcraft


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World of Warcraft Addict? Link Gaming and PC Discussion 37 05-22-2007 09:04 PM
Warcraft crossover. Oujou Akaash Challenges 17 12-19-2006 09:16 PM
Guild Wars or World of Warcraft? Which one do you prefer? Evergreen_Queen Gaming and PC Discussion 16 10-03-2006 12:55 AM
Rock-bottom? Maybe. Masked Critic General Discussion 18 09-03-2006 03:07 PM
Warcraft III Cupspeaker Gaming and PC Discussion 15 08-10-2006 11:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2005 - 2016 DLP Group. All rights reserved.
No personal intellectual property on this site may be used without the credit and express permission of the respective authors.