Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > General Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
k_writer
Professor

Send a message via AIM to k_writer
Cover Art for Deathly Hallows unveiled...

Just saw it on MSNBC this morning. Did a search and clicked on the first link I saw.

Here is one for the full cover.

Last edited by k_writer; 03-28-2007 at 09:37 AM.
k_writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
slasheh
Seventh Year

huh, strange pic neither even has a wand...
slasheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Jamven
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasheh View Post
huh, strange pic neither even has a wand...
I will agree with that. Did anyone notice that it seemed to be set in a colosseum? Perhaps they are going to Rome?

Paul
dark007
Supreme Commander of the Legion of Psycho Killer Sloths.

*edit*
How come the UK version will be 608 pages and the US will be 700+ pages long?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jamven_dlp

Quote:
"It's a children's book, you old bastard," he spoke as though Kingsley could still hear him. "Happy endings don't include affairs, divorces, and unplanned pregnancies."

Last edited by Jamven; 03-28-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Jamven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
Erotic Adventures of S

Americans can't read the big words so they use lots of smaller ones. Makes the book longer.

Nothing. It will never come. Death before defeat. You can kill me, destroy my soul, destroy my magic, but you cannot defeat me. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. And you may destroy my magic, but not before I destroy everything of this world that I can…including your magic and soul. There is no defeat.
Erotic Adventures of S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
ip82
God of Magic

Hmm, I think this is the theater where the Veil of Death is being kept. That's probably where the final showdown will be at. Harry has no wand probably because he's using power from that secret locked room, which should be nearby as well.

Lame. Well, at least there's no Ginny tied to the archway, screaming for her hero...

Potter's Resistance 1: Breaking Ties -> DLP Thread
Yin and Yang -> DLP Thread

Ficwad Profile || HP Recycle Bin || Crap filter C2
Rule no. 1 - You do not talk about Alpha Fight Club...
ip82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
k_writer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip82 View Post
Lame. Well, at least there's no Ginny tied to the archway, screaming for her hero...
Ha ha, oh there may yet be something like that IP. Let's not underestimate the power of the Ginslut.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
Tinn Tam
Review Goddess

There's also the UK cover (children edition), which is quite hideous. The cover for the Adult version brings no information whatsoever about the book, but at least it doesn't make my eyes bleed.

Inq made the pic.
Tinn Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #8
Jamven
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Erotic advetures of S View Post
Americans can't read the big words so they use lots of smaller ones. Makes the book longer.
You are right... Hey wait a tick, I am American. I, well I can agree to that for most Americans.

Anyway to get back on topic, the UK children cover looks like the trio is swimming in gold and Jewels. Perhaps the trio robs Gringotts or maybe that is what is in the looked room in the Department of Mysteries? Just think, the Power the Dark Lord Knows Not is not love but a couple of tons of gold dropping on your head at once.

Paul
dark007

Quote:
"It's a children's book, you old bastard," he spoke as though Kingsley could still hear him. "Happy endings don't include affairs, divorces, and unplanned pregnancies."
Old 03-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #9
k_writer
Professor

Ow my god that children's cover is vomit on paper....why does Harry look like a drag queen on it?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #10
ip82
God of Magic

There's an archway on the children's cover as well (look behind the gold). It's settled; the finale is definitely inside the room of death (or at least amphitheater of some kind).

EDIT: Hey, who's that on Harry's back, holding a sword? Is that Dobby? Is that dagger the final Horcrux?

Last edited by ip82; 03-28-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #11
InfernoCannon
Sixth Year

Just a problem with that idea ip. The DoM is underground, and the place opens into the sky. And about the childrens cover... no way in hell shall I be reading that one. I'm going to read the adult versio. Hermione looks like a doll!

Anyway, somebody got an idea on the medallion around Harry's neck in the first one?
InfernoCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:06 AM   #12
Jamven
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_writer View Post
Ow my god that children's cover is vomit on paper....why does Harry look like a drag queen on it?
Maybe he is.

Quote:
EDIT: Hey, who's that on Harry's back, holding a sword? Is that Dobby? Is that dagger the final Horcrux?
I thought it might have been the Sword of Gryffindor, being held by Ron. After looking at Ron's hand, they don't look the same to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoCannon View Post
Anyway, somebody got an idea on the medallion around Harry's neck in the first one?
I would say that it is the fake locket.

Paul
dark007

Quote:

Last edited by Jamven; 03-28-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #13
nonjon
God of Magic

Well, as odd as the UK Children's cover is, I think I like what that indicates as much as the American cover. In the American it's clear, Harry versus Voldie. There's figures watching, but the fact that they're not moving makes me think Death Eaters more than good guys. And in the UK Children's I believe that's Ron's arm holding the sword despite the odd discoloration and hand size. But it's especially the fact that it's Ron, Hermione, and Harry on the cover doing the treasure/horcrux hunt thing. No Ginny tagging along like in some many average eye-gouging fanfics. No Ginny at all on any of the covers this time. That alone brings me hope.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #14
Jamven
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonjon View Post
No Ginny tagging along like in some many average eye-gouging fanfics. No Ginny at all on any of the covers this time. That alone brings me hope.
In a time when I was considering not reading the book, this brings me hope as well.

Paul
dark007

Quote:
Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #15
World
Oberstgruppenführer

Nah, it's Dobby holding the sword. If you have a decent browser and can zoom in, you'll see him riding on Harry's back.

As for the picture with Harry and Voldemort, they do not seem to be fighting against each other. Though Voldemort looks at Harry, his hand could be aiming at the same thing as Harry.

The background of whatever they are falling into on the children's cover and the sky in the 'theatre' looks about the same. If it weren't for the fact that I don't think it probable, we might be seeing something from behind the veil...

On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
—Charles Babbage
World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #16
Dark Lord Rostam
God of Magic

Location: In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out, cause I'm playing with your clothes.
World is right; that is Dobby. You can barely see his ears, and once you see those, it becomes obvious that it is his hand.

Nobody Likes Onions

Yoda- Warned you, I did. Listen, you did not. Now screwed, we all are.

Fat man in Avatar is host of Nobody Likes Onions. Now you pretty much have to fucking listen to it.

Listen you cock juggling thundercunt! ~ Doug Wilson, Weeds.
Dark Lord Rostam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #17
Jamven
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by World View Post
Nah, it's Dobby holding the sword. If you have a decent browser and can zoom in, you'll see him riding on Harry's back.
Damn it is a house elf, you can see part of it's head. Viva La Revolution

Quote:
As for the picture with Harry and Voldemort, they do not seem to be fighting against each other. Though Voldemort looks at Harry, his hand could be aiming at the same thing as Harry.
So we have a tag team match with Big V and Harry v.s the power the dark lord knows not. Think about it, Harry finds the power but it is not what he though it was. It takes both wizards to contain the power

Quote:
The background of whatever they are falling into on the children's cover and the sky in the 'theatre' looks about the same. If it weren't for the fact that I don't think it probable, we might be seeing something from behind the veil...
Don't discount anything just yet, in the immortal word of a Mr. Sherlock Holmes "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Paul
dark007

Quote:
Old 03-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #18
ip82
God of Magic

Yay, Dobby as 'the power he knows not'? Not a bad one, now that I think about it...

Old 03-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
Jamven
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Yay, Dobby as 'the power he knows not'? Not a bad one, now that I think about it...
lol, that is all I can say about that.

Paul
dark007

Quote:
Old 03-28-2007, 12:16 PM   #20
the-caitiff
Headmaster

I'm going to call this one.

Official Prediction;
Harry and friends (plus Dobby for some asinine reason) are on the trail to take out the Horcruxes. Due to a trap in one of the hiding places (UK kids cover) Ron and Hermione get sucked through a version of the Veil o' Spookiness. Angst for a while over how it's all his fault. Once he's found a few Horcruxes (UK adult cover), Harry gets the brilliant idea to chuck them through the veil because it kills things dead. Voldemort learns of this plan (thanks traitorous Dobby, you really are just a worthless plot device) and confronts him in the Veil Chamber. Epic fight ensues. Wandless, Harry wrestles Voldemort to the ground and they both roll through the Veil. Hey look it's not a Portal O'Doom after all. It's just misunderstood! Epic fight ensues. Power the DL knows not manifests. Epic fight (US cover). Volde dies. Sirius walks onto the stage and hugs the little bastard spawn responsible for all this. They live happily ever after in the land of peace and bunnies where no one stares at his scar.

Last edited by the-caitiff; 03-28-2007 at 12:19 PM.
the-caitiff is offline   Reply With Quote