1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Barty Crouch, Jr. [as Moody] Mentors Harry?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Sep 27, 2008.

1. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

I don't have any specific stories in mind, as I haven't been able to find them on my own. I'm looking for stories (as you might have figured) in which Harry is mentored by Crouch Jr. when he impersonates Mad-Eye during 4th Year. I'm interested in the concept as much as the execution, so they don't have to be anywhere near perfect. Any finds would be apreciated.

Edit: I only looked through the first three pages of the 'Looking For' section, so I apologize if this search has been made before.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Harry Potter and the Determinations of Fate

Like ripples through water, a single event can change the entire course of history. For Harry, all it took was meeting a misty-eyed Ravenclaw a year earlier... Major AU later

This is a rather blatant Super!Harry fic, and Tehan's Luna could beat this one any day of the week without much difficulty. Crouch gave HP a pass to the Restricted section and taught him quite a few spells, such as Sectumsempra.

A Change In Destiny is a much better fic all around, which doesn't mean much, unfortunately.

3. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Determinations of Fate wasn't too bad, given its shortness. It was at least a decent way to get Harry involved with 'Moody', I guess. Why do people feel the need to bring swords into play more often?

A Change in Destiny is interesting, I guess. Harry's break from Hermione and Ron, as well as his distrust of Dumbledore seem sort of contrived to me. And the need to spell out Crouch-Moody's reports to Voldemort is kind of odd, but acceptable...and I've just stopped reading when Harry found out Moody was Crouch and decided to keep the information to himself. It wouldn't have bothered me if he'd gotten an oath that he wouldn't ever harm, torture, kidnap, or kill him, but yeah.

Thanks for the stories, King. I apreciate it.

4. serialchick

serialchick Muggle

5. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's been seven years. I kinda doubt the same person is still looking for the same stories.

Anyway, this is it's DLP thread - there's a reason it ended up in Almost Recommended.

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

7. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Quite apart from the obviously face-palmy premise, here's all you need to know about that fic: