1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Space

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Cruentus, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

This game is coming out tomorrow, or in 44 minuets. So am I the only one who's going to get this?

2. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

I'm not huge into the whole survival-horror genre but I might give it a shot. It looks like it has some major potential.

3. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

Probably eventually... when it gets cheaper and/or more readily available for PC.

4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Maybe. It seems interesting, although, to me, it appears like Event Horizion meets PS3... Just with a different name.

5. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Okay I finally got enough money to actually get this game, that and Resistance 2, and so far I've been blown out of my mind at how cool this is. The only realy thing I can tell without spoiling it is that its 3rd person shooter.

So has anybody else checked it out besides me? It looks really good so far, I've nearly had a heart attack a couple of times...

Edit: It's also more of a precision shooter then just spray bullets everywhere.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  6. Narion

Narion Slug Club Member

I was disappointed with it. Clumsy interface, NPCs that are stupid beyond belief, and that's ignoring the massive logical errors that jarred me out of any sense of immersion. Admittedly, the interface did that first.

A real pity, since it had the potential to be an utterly brilliant game. Instead they made a poor Doom knockoff.

If they had just dropped the 'OMG! Monster swarm!' bit and gone for tougher but fewer monsters, it would have been a lot better. And no damn omni-navigable air ducts on a space ship, please. That's just stupid.

All that said, I'd probably recommend it for those who do enjoy the survival FPS genre.

Narion