1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

PsyckoSams's Challenge #5: Professor Bruttenholm

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by PsyckoSama, Feb 17, 2006.

1. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Post OOTP. After the Umbridge incident, Dumbledore's quest for a competent DADA professor continued, and as no one was willing, he almost gave into Snape's demands to be given the job. That was, of course, until McGonagall pulls a few of her connections, and finds an exceptionally odd, but supremely qualified applicant, an American Agent whos' accomplishments dwarf even Moody's. It takes come convincing, but she manages to secure the services of the World's Greatest Paranormal Investigator, Hellboy.

Now, while Hellboy basically could write THE book on DADA, there are a few issues to consider. First, while he is a trained magic user, his demonic blood giving him a shitload of magical power, he is not much interested in "prissy wand waving", because wands are too easly broken in combat among other things, he prefers the 'direct approach' (Big. Fucking. Guns.), which is frowned upon by most wizards. Second, while he's been awarded honorary Human status by the UN, Pope, and International Confederation of Wizards, there are many of the more small minded students who will not be able to see beyond the horns. Lastly, the BRPD likely is looked upon with distrust by the small minded and bigoted British wizarding world, as it is frankly, an agency made up mostly of various dark creatures and many illuminated (enchanted so they can see magic) muggle or squib agents. While this is acceptable in the American wizarding world, which does not have its head up its collective ass, the idiot brits on the otherhand have some "issues".

Rules:
    * Hellboy becomes the new Hogwarts DADA profressor, as a favor to McGonagall.
    * Snape is pissed.
    * Hellboy is known to both the Wizarding World (as a very... off American Auror) and to the Muggle Born (as an American Urban Myth)
    * His approch to DADA is very direct, focusing less of complex spell play and more blowing the crap out of the target.
    * Some students have bad preconceptions because he's a demon.
    * Some students have bad preconceptions because the DADA is nothing more than a "nest of blood traitors, halfbreeds, and muggle scum"
    * Hellboy must fight some Deatheaters and kick thier asses because they were expecting a spell battle, not a pounding or being blown the hell away with a massive enchanted hand cannon.
    * Hellboy must Palm a AK with his indestructable stone right hand.
    * Hellboy and Harry should get along rather well and he helps Harry shape a new independent persona along with a great deal of special training.
    * Hellboy has personally seen many of Luna's "delusional" creatures... most of them are maneaters.
    * Hellboy decides to personally help DA, by teaching them the stuff he is not teaching the general student population.

Optional:
    * Ginny uses a love potion on Harry and gets caught
    * Harry/Luna coupling
    * Hellboy/Tonks flirting
    * Independent!Harry with Hellboy as his new and on the level mentor, much to Dumbledore's resentment.
    * Controling, manipulative Dumbledore, who means well but is blinded by his own bias and idology. Grandfather Dumbledore knows best, for everyone.

2. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I think that your challenge kinda makes Hellboy out as a Gary-Stu. Its an okay challenge IMO, but otherwise, meh.

3. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

No more than Dumbeldore or Moody...

Hellboy is basically a paranormal killing machine with massive connections and the stonehand's indestructability is a critical part of the hellboy storyline.

It was not meant to be Gary-Stuish... just that he's often shown to be really a one man... demon... what ever... cleanup crew...

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Meh... not the biggest fan of crossovers. There are only a handful that I would read and even less that I'd actually like.

5. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I've never even read one, I just can't persuade myself to. Come to think about it I've never even seen Hellboy so I guess this challenge ain't for me.

6. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

You're missing alot. Crossovers can be a great deal of fun.

7. Ravage

Ravage First Year

Sounds great. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a well written Hellboy cross period. Hell the only cross of that genre that I've seen and attempted to read wasn't even with HP but Ranma1/2 and it was more a fusion where the Wrecking crew took the place of the Hellboy crew. Now that I've been reawakened to the possibilities of HB crosses I think I'll go start looking.