1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bugout.

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by The Dark Monarch, Nov 16, 2008.

1. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

I decided to see how most people here would respond to a social colapse scenario.

You can see the unease in the air; its almost palpable. A few days ago there was a sketchy news report that claimed people were being rounded up by the government just a couple hundred miles of your town/city. The number of murders in your area has increased dramaticaly in the past 4 months. In a few days you can see plainly that the economy will completely colapse.

Do you leave your home?

(if so) When do you leave the relative safety of your home?

What do you bring with you for protection / supplies/ trade?

Where do you plan on going?

When you get there, what do you do?

How do you survive?

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I live in a country of primary industries and natural resources. Suck it.

3. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

You completely fail to answer the question and as usual respond with a less than witty comeback.

4. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

No, I pointed out that your scenario is retarded. Economic collapse doesn't necessarily mean that all governments turn into fascist round-up-dissenters-and-shoot-them chaotic stupid retardfests. I live in a country that is able to provide enough food and raw materials to stop shit going Mad fucking Max, therefore I don't have to head to the hills with my sister under one arm and a shotgun under the other.

If you must do this shit, at least throw in zombies.

5. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

Grab gun and swordcane (It isn't a badassness thing. It's a matter of me owning one and playing to misdirection whenever fucking possible.) after I verify the news report, liquify assets and see if I can't get it changed to foreign currency while the going's still relatively decent, fill a suitcase with the essentials, disappear. Bring no one with me, tell few people I'm leaving, leave every sign that I'm going to ride the situation out where I am, and tell absolutely no one-- including family-- where I'm going. Assuming things do settle down, I'm good at finding people.

As to what I'd do and where I'd go? Head for the Louisiana coastline. It's fairly close, but more importantly, I know a few people that could get me out of the country quietly and would be heading out themselves given that situation. Would be hard but far from impossible to get there. After that?

Improvise, and be a magnificent bastard. Not like I'd have much of a choice. By nature, you really can't plan for this type of situation.

(And if this seems extreme, realize: I'm the type of person that the government would round up and shoot given half a chance. Moreover, every two-bit wannabe authority figure I've fucked over would be out for blood in general due to suddenly not having shit to their name, and that's not a healthy situation given the sheer bulk of people that title applies to.)

Least in my case, food/raw materials wouldn't be as big of a problem as in some places. Kind of offset by the truly and amazingly batshit crazy locals, though.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Go to North Shields, catch ferry to Sweden or Norway. Relax in the presence of all those hot Scandinavian girls and watch the world fall to pieces.

As an added bonus, they do pretty good lager over there too.