1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese Democracy

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Midknight, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Wow. So far I've listened to several tracks and been let down big time. 15 years, 13 million dollars in production at least and all you could come up with was this shit?

The title track is a clusterfuck, Axel sounds horrible.

Shackler’s Revenge grew on me because of Rock Band 2. We got that as a family christmas present, so we could all game together. I hate the lyrics and Axel still sounds like shit in most of the song, but on the chorus you can hear old school Axel.

Better isn't bad at all.

Street Of Dreams is... meh. It's not good or bad, it's just there.

There was a Time, good guitar, horrible lyrics and singing.

It seems like Axel has lost his touch singing, you really notice Slash being gone, and regardless this will be multi platnium, just from folks getting it to get it. Ah well, sad to see them finally not worth a shit. Will check back in with the rest of the songs in awhile when I get a chance to hear the rest.

2. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

With the aforementioned statistics - 15 years, 13 million dollars in production - I think it was destined to be a gigantic let down. I haven't heard anything from it yet (and not even that much of a fan), however, when a band returns after such a long break, they've always got to deal with unrealistically high expectations. Though, from your description, Mid, I'm going to assume it's just plain crap.

(off to download it and have a listen myself)

EDIT: Not great. I doubt I'll keep anything to listen to again.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  3. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Axel is still stuck in "Use Your Illusion" mode.

Any of the new tracks could have been on the UYI albums, and none of them would have been good enough to be released as singles...

(Of course, Axel has a lifetime pass from me because of Appetite for Destruction. Keep on making lame-o vanity albums, Axel!)

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I only ever listened to GnR for Slash to be honest. <_< Axel was always a glory-driven cunt.

5. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

The title track has been abused by the Radio station I mostly listen at, never liked it all that much. The natural sound of the older albums suits the band much better, IMO.

Doubt I'll buy the Cd, might give it a listen if I become bored enough.