1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter/Marvel Comics crossovers

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by The Mysterious Nobody, Dec 5, 2008.

1. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I'm looking for crossovers with Marvel Comics. I've found a few between the library here and ff.net, but I'd like to see if there's more of them.

2. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

I strongly approve of this thread.

Fact is, you'll be incredibly hard pressed to find a decent one, which irritates the shit out of me. A horrible amount of slash or poorly written fics based entirely on the movies and obviously written by 14 year-olds who've never read a comic in their life. But yeah, Bring on the links.

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Project M reviews
    After waking up on an alternate Earth Harry is tested and experimented on. They tried to turn him into a weapon. But he was no ones weapon. Not anymore. Where does he fit in this new world where things and people are a bit more...ultimate. HP/Marvel xover
    Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: T - English - General/Adventure - Chapters: 1 - Words: 6,806 - Reviews: 87 - Updated: 10-18-08 - Published: 10-18-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4602483/1/Project_M

4. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

There's also Mr. Black at a yahoo group. It's a Marvel crossover, and Kara's his girlfriend, but I'm sure you've already read that story.

5. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Though you most definitely have already read this, the 150,000+ word omake of 'Make a Wish' called 'Terminal Justice' is on our recommended list. I'm pretty sure that was what Richard was talking about, but just to make sure....

6. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

But Terminal Justice is a DC cross over is it not?

7. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Yes, it is.

By the way, for those who don't know.

DC: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Justice League, etc.

Marvel: Spiderman, X-men, Avengers, Hulk, Ironman, Fantastic Four, etc.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  8. Freelancer

Freelancer Fourth Year

Harry Potter and the Invincible TechnoMage
    Harry Potter and the Marvel Universe. 5 year old Harry accompanies the Dursleys on a Business trip to Stark International, where an industrial accident kills all of Harry's living relatives. A very different Harry goes to Hogwarts. Dating, Romance, noship
    Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: T - English - Adventure/Fantasy - Chapters: 11 - Words: 60,480 - Reviews: 1455 - Updated: 12-3-08 - Published: 12-7-07

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3933832/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Invincible_TechnoMage

9. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I can second this story, even though it is not finished. It is pretty good.

10. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Yes, I know that some of these will be familiar to most of the people on this forum, but for the sake of completeness and for any newbies who come here and happen by this thread before they spot the X-Men stuff in the Library...

Standard Disclaimer: Most of the stories listed below are likely abandoned and more than a few probably eat shit. Many I haven't even read (those that I even remember ANYTHING about, I'll mark with a * just FYI). So these aren't exactly recommendations, just a notice that they exist, for those who want to find out for themselves. After all, this isn't The Library or For Review, it's just a list. If any of these induce vomiting, I sympathize.

Harry Potter and the World that Waits by dellacouer* - A shell shocked but triumphant Harry Potter decides to leave his world behind for another. Someone should have told him that AUs can be really, really different. HP/ X-Men crossover.

Should be familiar to most here.

Mutant Storm by Bobmin* - Potter/X-Men cross over. Harry/Ginny ship. This summary sucks. If there is a lesson to learn from this summary, it's that you shouldn't try writing one at 2am.

Er, yeah... Should be familiar to most here.

Of Slings and Arrows by the original Pe - Harry potter has been thrown into Azkaban for a crime he did not commit, and then rescued by the strangest ppl. A journy to belong. AU begins at the end of fourth year, HPXmen evo crossover COMPLETE! Pre HBP

I believe this is actually in the DLP Archive under The Alternates and there is a related one-shot.

Bound by Brotherhood, Forged in Fire by knightblazer85 - After OTP all of Harry’s friends, bar one betray him. Now Harry seeks a new path to revenge. They say the friendships forged in the fires of adversity last forever. We'll learn if it’s true. XMen XOVER sequel up.

Complete. Another one from the DLP Archive.

X-Men Crossover {Ch. 1-8} (yahoo group link) by KatlingGON- Crossover (HP-X-Men movieverse) Just to add to the burden of being a wizard and the Boy-Who-Lived, Harry finds out he is now a mutant. He ends up at Xavier's Institute for Gifted Children where he finds the wizarding world isn't as far away as he thought. Set post-OotP and pre-HBP but may take into account some aspects of HBP. Ship-free at this point.

Last updated in 2006.

Magi Evolution by Omni Black - The magical community has remained stagnant for years, but that is all about to change. A war is brewing and two worlds are about to collide. Evolution is a curious thing. Blood isn't the only thing they have to worry about now. HPXMEN crossover

Evolution by freddyburn - In the Summer after his fifth year, Harry goes missing, only for a muggle to reognise him at a secure facility. What new powers has Harry developed? How will he live his life when old friends betray and new friends are madeCrossover with XMen: Evolution

There's apparently a sequel that, according to the summary, contains "some slash", though I do not know if Harry is involved.

Why should I? by Breanna Senese - Harry and Hermione were sent to Azkaban for crimes that they didn't commit. Now, a year later, they break out, with help from someone unexpected. This is HP Xmen Crossover! AU as of Book Five.

Complete. I submit to you that if you mention The X-Men in the summary, then the fact that they break H&Hr out of Azkaban totally is expected. :D Also, this story both sucks and blows, the characters have an average maturity level of 5 years old. Only for the insatiably curious.

Family Reunion by texaswookie - Buffy is almost always related in some way or other to a person in a crossover this is a tale of how Buffy is related to various defenders of the world and what happens when they come to help her take on The First.

Uhhh... other than Buffy The Vampire Slayer, this story contains characters from Smallville, X-Men, Harry Potter, Stargate, Highlander, Charmed, and the Dukes of fucking Hazzard. Ho-lee-shit... Yeah. Witness my sheer and utter amazement that stuff like this exists in the wild. :awesome

X-Men (yahoo group link) by Bad Voodoo - One chapter, last updated in 2005.

More Surprises by AlexzAndi - Honestly, the summary tells you nothing about this story and I can't be arsed to remember wtf it was about. I think there's an OFC who is Jean Grey's daughter, or something. It's complete but I vaguely recall that, though I kept grabbing the updates with DeFFNetIzer, I quit bothering to read them after... one chapter. Only tangentially related to anything Marvel. It has a sequel and I strongly suspect both stories to be deadly neurotoxin *cough cough* in text form. If they aren't, then mazel tov!

I'll add more as I find them.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  11. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Dellacouer's excellent X-men cross everyone should know. And Clell's Technomage cross has a lot of Iron Man of course, but also just about all the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and rest of the Marvel magic world.

Clell's also got a couple chapters of a very intriguing Hulk fusion where Harry protects Hermione, Rick Jones, and Dr. Bruce Banner from the blast of the gamma bomb. Whether we're headed towards the Incredible Harry-Hulk or something a little different remains to be seen.

Too many of the Marvel crosses are just crappy and/or abandoned after a couple chapters.

12. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Only problem, but this is just personal, is the lack of sexual tension in a lot of these which I find odd because there is a lot of mature content in a great number of marvel comics.

13. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Who cares about lack of sexual content when the story it self sucks ballz. Mixing two different universe such as marvel especially with Harry Potter's world is a huge risk. Something that needs to be thought out and detailed to the last wording. Especially marvel where Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom exists.

I could go on a rant but maybe later.

14. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Harry Potter and the Children of the Atom by Classic Cowboy

Summary:Harry PotterXMen cross over Harry has always known he was different, but as he had just became adjusted to being a wizard a new change will come that will separate him from Wizard and Muggles both. starts out RHr but will eventually become HHr

Found this one in my ff.net C2. it's been ages since I've read it, but I don't remember it to be specially good or horribly bad either. By the summary, though, I can guess that nowadays I'd probably find it a much worse read than back then.

It also has two sequels.

15. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Pretty sure I've read that one (Children of Atom). And pretty sure it wasn't very good too.

16. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Tens seconds of scanning: Harry stumbles upon Ron and Hermione making hot love, and then this:

You are too kind in your assessment TFB. The author had some other HPXmen crossovers but I got the impression he was just writing the same story over and over again.

17. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

I started that TecnoMage one, but, sadly, Dumbledore is portrayed as a fool and that more often than not, doesn't gel with me.

Some interesting ideas though. Otherwise the same uberHarry trash with Trunks and timeturners replaced by lasers and Iron Man paraphernalia.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm wary of it, especially from the way he alluded to the 'Dark' magic of the Brits and a plan by SHIELD to attack Voldemort should he overthrow the Ministry of Magic. I'll keep reading, but if it turns into another 'America is the greatest and the Brits are all backward idiots' fic I'll be clicking that little red X as fast as is humanly possible.