1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Jedi Knight's Challenge #1: Darth Potter

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Dubrichius, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

This was an idea that practically slapped me in the face today. If anyone has played KotOR2, they should know that, in a conversation the Exile had with Kreia, the player learned when that Revan 'fell' to the Dark Side, and took up the mantle of Sith Lord, it because Revan believed that it would be the only way to save the galaxy from the True Sith.

My idea was, suppose Harry came to a similar conclusion. He realised that, in order to save the Wizarding World, he would have to conquer it.

Rules:
    1. This can either be a post-OOTP AU, or a total AU right from the get-go. If post-OOTP, then the Sith Lord that visits Harry will have to use the Force to fill Harry's mind with all the knowledge of the Jedi and the Sith. If full AU, then thay can take their time. Either way, the story must be set in sixth year.
    2. Any Dark Lord of the Sith can be used, but it would be preferable for Revan to show up, only because he knows how Harry should go about it (according to George Lucas, Revan was canonically male).
    3. Harry will NOT be attending Hogwarts for his sixth year, if at all, because he will be too busy conquering Wizarding Britain.
    4. When Harry takes up the mantle of Sith Lord, the only change to his appearance will be his eyes when he is emotional; ie, very, very, very, angry.
    5. Harry will be powerful, but he won't be a one-man-army. He will need followers, but they will follow him because of Harry will exhume charisma, like canon's Riddle.
    6. Certain characters must die horrendous deaths. These include: Weaselette, ferret-boy, and MoldieVoldie. Other characters can be wacked at your discresion.
    7. IF romance is included, and this is a very big if, then the only characters that are acceptable are the underused girls, Susan Bones, Daphne Greengrass, Tracey Davis, etc. Blaize Zabini is not acceptable, because HE should become one of the DE's
    8. Finally, Even though Harry will be a master of the Dark Side, the only relative Force Powers he will use are Choke, and Force Lightning. For everything else, he will be relying on his twin lightsabers.

So, what do you think? If anyone wants to write this story, let me know and i would be happy to Beta it for you.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I think that this sounds stained-futured.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I dont like the idea of lightsabers in a Harry Potter story, just like I dont like the idea of guns being used more than they should. Maybe if he were in the muggle world but yeah...

4. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

Of course you don't have to use lightsabers, but if Harry's a Force-wielding Sith Lord, waving stupid little wands around would be kind of silly. And he could always take control of the Muggle world as well, But that is up to the prospective writer's discresion.[/u]

5. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

As much as I love Star Wars, I have yet to see a convincing crossover with Harry Potter. Theoretically this story could work, I suppose, but it would probably just end up as lightsaber masturbation (metaphorically, although if giovanni was writing it...).

I have seen a sort of okay post-Voldemort 'Harry Potter is magically transported to Coruscant and becomes a Jedi' but really the story had very little to do with Harry Potter and he was more an OC Jedi Knight with a few extra abilities.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

7. fatal

fatal Backtraced

the words :

completely shot down any chance of me touching this fic.

8. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I have to agree with all of you that there haven't really been many (if any) decent HP-Star Wars crossovers. True, some of them did start out half-way decent, but they eventually broke the forth wall at about the third chapter. That said, I only posted this chalange to try and cultivate some proper crossovers, where only certain parts of one Universe are plucked out, and hurled into the other one; not a complete merging of the two different realities.

In any event, I have to admit that my chalange does sound rather dodgy, in retrospect, and might be more suited for some other forum like TheForce.net, or similar. I've got a better idea for a chalange, which I'll possibly post up later in the week.

Finally, I thank everyone for the feedback, and gratefully apreciate the fact that your comments weren't too harsh.

9. Midknight

You'd have to of been around for that horror that was stained future for you to truly grasp the restraint they've all shown, lol

:stained

10. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I made that emoticon like an hour ago, and yet it's already been used in several threads. . . makes us think about what kind of stuff we're talking about. :shock:

11. Midknight

Yeah I kinda whored it out to get it out there, lol monkey see monkey do and all that

12. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I have seen one quite decent HP/Star Wars crossover. I forget what it was called, but it involved Palpatine coming back to life and sensing Harry's angry thoughts as he stewed in Azkaban. He trains Harry, and then Harry comes back with a shitload of Storm Toppers and the shit hits the fan in the wizarding world.

13. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Ah, thanks!

14. Element

Element Seventh Year

It's not that its a bad challenge, it seems pretty well thought out and detailed. The problem is, here at DLP we really don't like anything much Star Wars. Generally, it was because of a fic named "A Slytherin Revenge" by Stained-Future (don't search for it, it got deleted) where Harry had a lightsaber..

Seriously, when you see the sentence "he gripped his cylinder" you're just not going to be thinking lightsaber. And then after that sentence ; "Blaise had a two handed grip on her cylinder."

*bangs head on desk*

15. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

Well, it's a good idea. I'm a fan of Star Wars myself and I've played Kotor and Kotor2 so I know what you're talking about. The idea of having harry realize the same thing as Revan is good but having him become a Sith Lord actually killed my interest in the idea.

:stained [/b]

16. Dark Jedi Knight's Challenge #1:Darth Potter

I'm not a fan of Star Wars really, especially crossover with Harry Potter because in Star Wars there are lots of guns and every thing and I just can't see Harry waving around a gun and shooting people. a wand or a staff is fine cause Harry Potter stories are about MAGIC!

Dolosus Sicaruis

The End Justifies the Means
    Unknown

17. BlueMagikMarker

BlueMagikMarker Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

Damn, talk about a necro post, I wouldn't even know this challenge existed if you hadn't revived it after 10 months... and I don't particularly like the challenge.

Please don't revive threads like this in the future. Some of them are okay... like intro threads for instance ;). But if you'd pulled this in general discussion you'd be taking a beating right now.

18. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

MWHAHAHA...I get to use this.
    [​IMG]

Oh, and Dolosius if you are going to stick around change the Grim reaper. Raven
    has the Grim Reaper trademark. Even I had a Grim Reaper theme for a while but it kind of overlapped. So I changed.