1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer: The Gotrek & Felix Death Saga

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Cruentus, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Has anybody besides me read, or are reading, this? I think its pretty cool its about a Dwarf Troll Slayer out to die in a glorious death and so he keeps seeking out stronger and stronger opponents and he is travailing with a wanted Noble Named Felix who is a poet/warrior who, while drunk, vowed to follow to the very gates of hell if need be and record his death in an epic poem.

I give it 4/5...

2. The Duke

The Duke Seventh Year

I have every single book in the series and have loved them all!
    It is unfortunate though that William King handed the series over to Nathan Long. Long is decent but King is a much better writer in every way; from the plot to the action scenes to even the way that the characters curse.

So far the best writers I've seen in the Warhammer Fantasy/40K universes have been William King and Dan Abbnet both are great and I'd read any of their work. Abbnet is the guy who created the Gaunt's Ghost series witch to me is the grail of 40K reading. Mike Lee is also pretty good, he co-authored the Malus Darkblade series with Abbnet.

P.S. I think that its safe to say that I'm a fan lol.

3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

A Gotrek and Felix book was actually the first Black Library title I ever read. It's a decent enough series, but it's no Ciaphas Cain. Thing is with the Warhammer series, it's an all or nothing package - very, very few people just read the books without being interested in at least WFB or 40k, or one of the spin-offs of those two.