1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

snape

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by chronic dragon, Mar 6, 2006.

1. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

was just wondering how everyone likes snape to be written? me personally i dont like him to be written and a evil guy working for voldemort. i like when he either mentors harry or gets to know him better and forms a friendship with him. dont really like when he has a huge amount of hostility towards harry.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I don't care, as long as he's not too goody-good and keep his dick away from Harry's arse, I'm fine.

3. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

The way I like snape portrayed is accurately I don't like mentor!snape or lover!snape. I don't care what side he is on as long as he is a nasty, petty, small minded prick.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

ROFL!

Snape as a loner, playing both sides against the middle, with his own agenda is how I planned on writing him and like to see him written

5. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

6. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

I often like to see him murdered quickly. I'm still waiting for a good dark Harry story where Harry just says enough is enough, and kills him in a dark passage while the bastard is on a patrol.

I get tired of the over exagerated Snape, who never shuts up. Yes he's an ass, but there is a line where it gets ridiculous, much like manipulative dumbledore can get.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Read my story if you want to see a story where Snape is murdered... I think you'll like it. Tortured and killed in the first chapter, can't get much better than that.

I like Snape when he stays in character. When he gets all goody-goody sappy then it just ruins him. He pretty much isnt the same person... just a character that has his name and looks like him.

I dont mind when him and Harry form some sort of bond/friendship/ect but it has to be realistic. Can't happen in one chapter and the hatred shouldnt vanish completely. They should still fight even if its just to amuse them.

8. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

I'm just curious, but can anyone explain to me why everyone in the Order knows Snape is a spy? Doesn't it seem to be a huge chance of a security breach?

9. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

Especially since it seems unlikely that everybody in the Order as written is an accomplished occlumens. I believe the JKR response to that (judging by HBP) is "Don't think about occlumency."

I feel like over time the Order went from "elite group fighting Voldemort" to "loose coalition of most of the adults in Harry's life"--seriously, what is Molly Weasley doing in an elite vigilante group?

10. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

I absolutely love a canon Snape. He was the second best character in HBP, a well-written canon Snape is what I like to see. No "Oh Harry you got 5 mins for a quickie" or "I hate you Potter" (with no other lines whatsoever).

11. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

Someone has to do the cooking.