1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Exile's Challenge #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Rain, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Exile's challenge #1

Time Travel Idea; "Ted Tonks"

Summary/Story notes: Harry gets sent back into the past in a rather unfortunate misunderstanding with an unspeakable and finds out he can't go back. Cursing fate, he has to find a way to establish himself as a member of the wizarding community. Figuring Hogwarts is his best bet he heads there where another Unspeakable recognizes [insert method] that he was from the future and drags him away to their headquarters. There he is interrogated constantly about what happens all the while being scolded for possibly messing up the timelines before a well placed comment finally shuts the man up. "If I shouldn't tell anyone about the future, why are you trying so hard to get me to talk about it?"

Eventually the Unspeakable sets up some records for Harry and gives him a rather unassuming name to live by, "Ted Tonks." Needless to say, once the name clicked in his mind he panicked. 'I was lusting after my own daughter! Wait, daughter? Oh shit. I'm married!'

His background story? He descended from a line of squibs and once his family was sure he was a wizard they arranged for someone to come tutor him. Sadly, his grandparents and mother were killed in a car accident last spring, and his father had already passed away a few years previous. Wanting to get out of his childhood home, because of all the bad memories, he contacts the Headmaster of Hogwarts to continue his education there.

Rules:
    • 1.) Is an Andromeda Black/Harry Potter pairing.
      2.) He recieves the name, "Ted Tonks" to live by while in the past.
      3.) He finishes his education at Hogwarts, emphasis on the fact isn't necessary.
      4.) Harry gets sent into the past by an Unspeakable. The "How" is up to you.
      5.) Recieves some type of training.
      6.) Sirius doesn't die/sent to Azkaban due to Harry's interferance.
    Harry can change everything, or just save Sirius, but he has to train for the war with Voldemort. Who knows? Harry could be a Metamorphagus and that was where Nymph. Tonks recieved the skill. Anyway, this was just a little idea about a Andromeda/Harry pairing that I had and the resulting attempt to make it somewhat plausible.

The summary was just there to provide some background, feel free to ignore it. I just want someone to write the pairing. ^_^ I'm so fricken desperate.

2. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

difenatly interestiong fic. but knowing that your daughter is tonks is just woult make everything complicated. who knows hat harry would do. but nonetheless this kind of fc would make a potential story.

3. Rain

How would that make it complicated? Harry's not going to be in a relationship with his daughter. She's going to be, well, his daughter. I just inserted that "lusting after my own daughter" bit because I thought it was funny. Forgive me :p My humor is odd.

The only reason I didn't write it myself was because I couldn't figure out what changes Harry was going to make to the timeline, if any. Originally he was going to get sent back, it was going to be an AU-5th year with Sirius never making it to the battle at DoM, and that was just about the only change in the timeline.

Then I decided I didn't like the fact he didn't prevent any of that happening in the first place... and then decided paradoxes are a pain... well, lets just say I thought too much about it and couldn't get myself to inflict that headache on myself again.

*pokes people* Come on, you know you want to write it. :wizard: (<-- That smilie is so messed up. lol)

4. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

*claps* This is a wonderful challenge...I hope someone takes this and writes it...I would love to read this...Never read a HP/AB before...should be interesting.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Is it weird that me and Vash were talking about this same thing a few days ago in the IRC Chatroom... definitely strange.

Anyway, it's a great idea. I have the funniest scene in my mind that Tonks comes home one day, maybe not too long before 'Harry' actually vanishes into time, and tells her parents about Harry Potter, the 'love' of her life. Ted(Harry) is all like... "Ahhh shit... o_O"

Someone write this! I have too much on my plate already.

6. Rain

Someone else had a AB/HP thought? Yes! That means it is spreading! There will be more! (I've never read one, actually, but I love the idea) I wish I could get that IRC Chatroom thing to work, *pokes computer* I'm missing out on things. :(

lol, yes, that scene would definitely be amusing. :D

"Nymphadora, dear..." Andromeda cast a worried glance at her husband. "There's something you should know."

"Yes, mum, I know he's five years younger than me, but I think we really have some chemistry between us." Tonks didn't notice the pleading look her father sent at her, nor the suddenly very curious look on her mother's. "I mean, just yesterday we were talking and I'd know a lustful look anywhere!"

A loud "SMACK" sound interupted the ramble, and she could only look on in confusion as her mother berrated her father for "lusting after your own daughter!"

*snicker*

7. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

that would be defanatly be funny. someone defenatly should make the fic.

8. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Why isn't the IRC working for you? But yea that scene would be funny as hell. I wonder what would happen when albus found out...

9. Rain

*shrugs* I have no idea why it doesn't work. It just, well, doesn't. I blame it on the computer I usually use. It was a piece of crap five years ago, imagine how bad it is today? I really don't want to know.

On another note; How would Dumbledore react? I admit, I'm drawing a complete blank.

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

...as long as your computer has decent space and memory...it shouldn't matter that much...maybe something in this will Help

11. daterza

daterza First Year

I think the would make a great fic!!

I tired of stories where harry travels to the past and is able to resist the temptation of changing things. I mean who wouldn`t want to change some of the disasters that happen in his life?

Can`t wait for someone to try it ;)

12. Rain

The thing is, how would Harry changing things effect the timeline? *bangs head into desk* It would have to be in ways that Harry didn't see, if we want that whole "Harry Potter disappears and Ted Tonks emerges from the background as HP" angle. Maybe the only visible sign of Harry's manipulation of time ends up being the survival of Sirius? (because I don't like Siri being killed. Too much plot potential there.)

Of course, if you could care less about cannon, rewrite the whole thing. It's too much of a "challenge" for me to do, so I'll leave it in your capable hands, people... just grow some hands already, alright? :D

13. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

The best thing to get someone back through time is something large enough to rip through space and time creating a wormhole.
    just thought this at the top of my head. 8)

14. Hoyt596

Hoyt596 First Year

Resurrecting the thread!

That would be a great fic, it would be cool if he didn't really know until later though. i read a 50k word fic similar to that where harry is sent to the back via dumbledore's time turner while back there the unspeakable instructs him on his new identity as this German guy and harry is like 'funny that was tonks Fiancé's name'

It would be cooler if it was like that where it doesn't really click until later on.

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I remember that one, his name was Ludwig Waechter I think, though it probably had an accent or two in there. Can't remember the title of it at the minute, but I'll go look it up. Probably in the library somewhere.

The challenge is a good one, I'd laugh my ass off at the 'I lusted after my own daughter' scene :D.

Aek

EDIT: Torn Away: Scenes From A Memory is the fic you were looking for.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007