1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone reading "Twilight?"

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Denny8569, Jan 29, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Denny8569

Denny8569 Guest

Hey everyone,
    It's the first book in the teen vampire trilogy. I'm almost done with it and I must admit I'm hooked. I just took a peek at the movie trailer and it looks good!! The book is not scary and I see why teens (and adults) are so fascinated by it. It's kind of like "The Breakfast Club" for dead teens. LOL! Has anyone else been reading this?

2. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

I borrowed it from a friend of mine to see what all the fuss was about. I could see myself liking this kind of thing if I were 12 years old and a girl, but I couldn't read past the second chapter and so instead had my friend tell me what the story was. It seemed pretty boring to me so I don't think I'll be watching the movie nor read the books.

I'm pretty sure I don't have good taste when it comes to reading though, because I really like that one Pokemon fic by 50caliberchaos...

3. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

First of all, the Twilight series is made up of four books.

Secondly, the Twilight series is built upon shitty writing, unlikeable characters, reprehensible themes, and storytelling of the worst possible kind. It pretends to have pretensions to psychosexual themes, but I've read, hell, I've written better erotica than Twilight.

Thirdly, comparing Twilight to ANYTHING that John Hughes has ever done is punishable by kitchenware torture. Comparing it to 'The Breakfast Club' earned you a one-way ticket to a hell where your vagina will be filled with diseased hamsters.

In short, go die in a fire.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Y'know, this seems kinda familiar...

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

If its the Breakfast Club I think he's talking about, then its utter shit anyways. Its not so bad when you're comparing shit to shit, cause then you're not lying, at the very least.

That being said, I call troll, or bot. The typing is just too generic and seems to be something that's been posted over a million million times on the nets. Read like one of those quotes you see on the back of a book. "Most thrilling piece of shit this year!" ~ Stephen King

6. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

Er . . . wow.

While I understand that I am most likely simply feeding a troll, I just can't help myself when the subject is Twilight.

I mean, who the fuck actually likes Twilight and is not A) a teenage girl who likely writes H/D slashfic, B) a sexually frustrated and repressed housewife, or C) Mormon?

Also, I take offense at the OP's declaration that Twilight is not scary. Twilight is fucking terrifying. It's the most horrifying and soul-crushing indicator of pop culture trends and modern literary merit since the Da Vinci Code.

7. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

The latter, methinks. Or perhaps a trollbot. Who the fuck starts those things?

And that.

Not open for further replies.