1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Need original idea to break the trio without Dumblebashing

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Amerision, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Hey guys,

I'm having alot of trouble thinking up a good, original reason to break the
    trio apart (Harry breaks away from Ron and Hermione). This cant be done without alot of Dumblebashing. Read my story, Temptations of a Dark Soul (ff.net and ficwad) for the set up. I'm tired of cliched Hermione and Ron turn into spies on Harry fics, but my minds been poisoned so long with them I cant think of anything more interesting.

Right now, the story is in the summer after 5th year. Harry is percieved to
    be slightly unblanaced by the headmaster and the DA members, (Ron adn Hermione included) suspect somethings wrong. Again, go read the story for more! :)

Help?

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, a slightly more ambitious Harry might see that they're holding him back to a degree. Freindships are made and broken all the time. It's not beyond reason that they could just naturally drift apart.

3. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

You could also go the drama path and have Harry date a girl that Ron and Hermione can't stand so Harry has to either choose her or them….

4. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Make Harry actually insane and kill them?

Or maybe he comes to realize that he no longer cares what anyone else thinks, including them. He begins to work on a way to kill Voldemort, and maybe learns the dark arts on the way, and when they can't deal, he ditches them.

Or Hermione refuses to date Ron because she thinks she should help Harry with his Voldemort problem, so he breaks connections so they can be together.

Or Hermione asks him out, but he disses her, so she runs to Ron. He ain't going to complain.

Or they just drift apart like people do in real life (but that's boring).

I say kill them.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

The easiest solution is to have them start dating each other (R/Hr). While they are god knows where, snogging in some cupboard or something, Harry can go and do whatever he wants on his own.

You can also kill one of them and have the other blame Harry for that somehow (along with the rest of Gryffindors).

Finally, you can involve Ginny setting Harry up with say.. rape, as a revenge for choosing some other girl over her. Everyone turns against Harry and believe the little slut.

6. Amerision

I like the rape idea, and the Gryffindor blaming Harry one too. However, would the story be the same without Ron or Hermione? Someone has to be the annoying bitch and the jealous prat. :) The rape idea is definitely going in for sure. Maybe Ill kill of some other random Gryffindor, say Seamus Finnegan, the one who called Harry crazy. Harry has the motive then and he will be suspected. Ron and Hermione move away from him, afraid.

Thanks for the ideas, keep 'em coming.

Amerision

7. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Maybe you could have ron/hermoine just be killed..

8. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

My point exactly. If a pest is buzzing around your head, grab a fly swatter.

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Urgh...I like Ron. :p

But anyways, I would have to agree with IP on this one and say get Ron and Hermione together. No matter what they say, he'll always be the third weel, so that will definitely create a rift between them.

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No, that's stupid. That'd only make them into martyrs. He'd have to have Harry cry and angst after them for a while and shit like that.

Like Amerision said, better to have them around. Former best friends are powerful and very usefull characters that shouldn't be disposed of so easily, when they can be used for number of purposses.

11. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

[
    finally someone else who likes ron, i hate ron bashing i would much rather see some good hermoine bashing.. :D[/quote]

No, that's stupid. That'd only make them into martyrs. He'd have to have Harry cry and angst after them for a while and shit like that.

a good author could just make harry pissed that they were killed you know harry being all "war hardened" and shit..

12. True Story

True Story Third Year

If Harry is becoming more and more like Voldemort you really aren't going to need to do much to break the trio. HBP tells us that Voldemort never had nor had need for a true friend in his life so.....Just have Harry drift away from them.

13. Amerision

Hmm, How about this:

Someone dies

Harry has a pretty good motive, is seen dangerous

Griffies move away (fuck that....)

Ron and Hermione are wary of him too, and Harry, who is busy turning into a psychotic uberwizard cant care less. Doesnt try to salvage realtionship.

This sole issue is keeping Chp 3 from being finished.

14. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    What if Harry had a influx of memories in the hallway one day and he cant stop himself aas they are too powerful. Now two things can go from here

1: He falls unconcious and while he is in the Hospital Ron and Hermione hear him talking in his sleep. He is saying what Voldy said once ago he talks about killing mudblood and the power of the dark arts. They leave him for this as does the whole school.

2: They are with him in the Halllway and he goes crazy and uses a spell that hurts them either badly or kills them u can choose. After they are hrt people leave him.

Hopes this helps....Personally I like number 2 they get hurt 8)

Rostam

15. Amerision

1.) Number one is a pretty big hole Hary would have to climb out. A really BIG hole. And as strong as Harry may be, he is no match for Dumbles in case he shoudl imprison him or something for going dark. Maybe claim it was a scar vision?

2.) Number 2....I like...but, How is he going to explain it away? Yea, uh, I have Voldemort in my head and, I just murdered my best friends. I promise it wont happen again...Too bad. That would have been SO satisfying. Perhaps I'll add that to the Ginny Kill Off :)

16. Dark Lord Rostam

He doesn't have to kill them he can just have an influx and accidnetly hurt them. As for number 1 yea that's a big hole but...um yea I got nothing on that one. You also have to count in years of friendship so the break can't be really like uber huge. It has to be a quiet long lasting like maybe a good part of a chapter to do, not just o they spyed WERE OVER.

17. Amerision

Good point, that irks me to no end.

Random Hobo: Hey Scarface, I mean Harry!

Pussy!Niave!Harry: Yes, Mr. Hobo Person?

Random Hobo: Guess What? Ron and Hermione have been spying on you since the end of forth year! They are in the Order and get Super Secret Training!

Pussy!Niave!Harry: WHAT? Those *sob* Bastards *sobs*, I KNEW IT! Wait...how do you know?

Random Hobo: Umm...I...I'm an Order member..yea!

Pussy!Niave!Harry: Oh. Ok. *sob* WHY?

Ginny: Here here, Harry. I'll comfort you. Just sign this marriage slip-erm revenge oath!

Pussy!Niave!harry: OK! Anything For you, you Vivacious Fiery Hot Girl! *signs*

Ginny: HAH! IDIOT! *bitchslaps Harry* You're my bitch now!

Pussy!Niave!Harry: Ok, Master.

They then proceed to scream and shout immaturely at Ron and Hermione about how bad friends they are. Ron just commens on how lucky Harry is, and Hermione....sneers or something.

Harry beats Voldemort due to the slavebond with Ginny...erm..I mean the eternal love.

They marry at 16 and 15 respectivly.

They have children named Sirius, Lily, James, Molly, and Arthur.

The end.

18. Dark Lord Rostam

Heh at my school if you bitch slap person they be your slave....I have 7. What if instead of Harry leaving them, THEY leave Harry voluntarily and he has no need for them so he doesn't bother to salvage his friendship with them. They can leave him because he's been acting weird and they suspect secrets and We ALL know there can be no secrets between the Golden Trio I mean "Friend$ Fowevwa!!1!1!!'