Hue City Ranger
10-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Title: Harry Potter and the Lost Archive
Author: Ynyr
Rating: M
Genre: HP/Dresden Crossover
DLP Category: Other Fandom/Alternates
Pairing: Harry Potter/Ivy (Archive)
Summary: In the aftermath of the Battle of Hogwarts Harry meets a powerful magical practitioner named Ivy who asks the young hero for a small favor. She wants him to be the father of her children.
Link: FFN (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6195236/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Lost_Archive)

This is a story I've been following since I stumbled across it while searching for HP/Dresden crossovers. It's a guilty pleasure for me but just might be library worthy. We'll see.

I rate it 4/5

DarkAizen
10-08-2010, 09:09 AM
As long as I consider you my mate I can do whatever I feel is necessary to protect you from any threats you might face."

"Kincaid if you ever refer to me as a heifer again I will kill you." Ivy said, and everyone present knew instinctively that she was speaking a literal truth.

I don't think Ivy could kill Kincaid.

I just cant get pass chapter 2. I know Ivy has the knowledge of all Archives before her, but I like that to think of her as just a girl who knows everything, not this super-wizard Mary-Sue who can bitch slap Titania's henchmen.

Does it get better?

MattSilver
10-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I don't think Ivy could kill Kincaid.

I just cant get pass chapter 2. I know Ivy has the knowledge of all Archives before her, but I like that to think of her as just a girl who knows everything, not this super-wizard Mary-Sue who can bitch slap Titania's henchmen.

Does it get better?

Not really. Chapter four has Kreacher and Hermione get into a soul bond, and Ron eventually starts having sex with Lara Raith.

I thought this had some decent potential myself, back when it was first mentioned in the Almost Recommended thread. Even wrote a nice review and hoped like all hell the story wouldn't crash and burn. It did. Competently written, but I just really disliked the direction taken by the author after a bit, mixing both universes with little of the charm of either. It's a shame, and I'll put my vote for this to go to the Recycling Bin at best. Should've stayed in the Almost Recommended thread.

Tylendel
10-08-2010, 10:23 AM
The story had great potential. Ivy choosing Harry to father the next archive may have been an interesting idea, but it wasn’t well done.

The fact that Butcher’s magical word is so much better than Rowling’s in term of balance of power irked me a little. Harry having no choice but to do what Ivy told him. Hermione marrying Kreacher, who’s a dark elf (like all others houses elves). I could continue like that for a long time.

1/5

Aekiel
10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Not really. Chapter four has Kreacher and Hermione get into a soul bond, and Ron eventually starts having sex with Lara Raith.

I thought this had some decent potential myself, back when it was first mentioned in the Almost Recommended thread. Even wrote a nice review and hoped like all hell the story wouldn't crash and burn. It did. Competently written, but I just really disliked the direction taken by the author after a bit, mixing both universes with little of the charm of either. It's a shame, and I'll put my vote for this to go to the Recycling Bin at best. Should've stayed in the Almost Recommended thread.

This can only improve if Lara eats Ron, Hermione gets ripped apart by Kreacher's groinsaw and Ivy/Harry decide to say fuck it to the world and attempt every sexual position written down in the history of mankind.