PDA

View Full Version : [Abandoned] A Slytherin Revolution by Overkill - M

IndoGhost
07-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Title: A Slytherin Revolution
Author: OverKill
Rating: M
Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
Summary: "Following the events of OotP, Harry decides to take a pro-active approach to the war. With help from an unexpected source, Harry discovers something about himself which could change the Wizarding world itself! HarryTonksBellaNarcissa."
Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/irrational_intelligence

Zevrillion
10-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Just finished reading the last chapter and I would like to recommend this story too. It's awesome.

Giovanni
10-23-2005, 10:55 AM
I concur with the above posts.

I just wish it updated more frequently

Antivash
10-23-2005, 11:29 AM
its good... i think it could use more updates and could have been executed much better but it IS good..

Midknight
10-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Its fairly good. My only gripe is I hate the way Bella and Narc. act, they go from adults, to a scared infantile/juvenile state a bit too fast, as does the romance, but it is indeed still many, many times more believable then most stories like this out there.

Dark Syaoran
10-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I can move pass that because the rest of the story is pretty good. Definitely one of the better ones out there.

ip82
11-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Good story.

It could do without Harry/Tonks, though. I mean, two 40 year old women hooking up with 16 year old boy are kinky enough, without their jelous 25 year old niece entering the picture.

SmacksKiller
11-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Good story.

It could do without Harry/Tonks, though. I mean, two 40 year old women hooking up with 16 year old boy are kinky enough, without their jelous 25 year old niece entering the picture.

The way you put it down, it seems even more kinky

ip82
11-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Good story.

The way you put it down, it seems even more kinky

And I didn't even mention that those two women are blood sisters, one married to a rich evil aristocrat and having a son that is her lover's age (at the moment, both being held prisoner by the lover, in form of a maggots), and the other being evel madman's servant, prison escapee and killer of the boy's godfather (who was incidently her own cousin as well).

Man, can you just imagine family gathering with this pairings? Or 'meet her parents' thing?

Lord Ravenclaw
11-24-2005, 06:21 PM
This is a decent story...a lot better than some of the shit that's posted on FF.Net nowadays.

SmacksKiller
11-24-2005, 07:26 PM
I've just finished reading the story and I have to say that it's great. I like the idea of a 'Harry is Salzar' kinda fic and I was wondering if people know where I can find some more.

Man, can you just imagine family gathering with this pairings? Or 'meet her parents' thing?

Onless Harry starts dabling in Necromancy the conversations are going to be a bit one-sided.

Silent
12-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow, this story is impressive.
I mean, it isn't the only story with these plot elements, but it is one of very few that a nit-picking beta reader can enjoy without a spelling/grammar induced hearache. And it's the only one with all of these plot elements. :)

bornagainpenguin
01-31-2006, 03:31 AM
Title: A Slytherin Revolution
Author: OverKill
Rating: M
Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
Summary: "Following the events of OotP, Harry decides to take a pro-active approach to the war. With help from an unexpected source, Harry discovers something about himself which could change the Wizarding world itself! HarryTonksBellaNarcissa."
Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2208784/1/

Gone.

Started a request at HPRecycleBin

--bornagainpenguin

Dark Syaoran
01-31-2006, 04:53 AM
WHAT! This stories gone as well? This is fucking bullshit! What the hell is wrong with those fucking admins... its clean out Harry Potter month!

Gullible
01-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Damn and I was intrested in this fic, bastards.

ip82
01-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Can be found on the author's Yahoo!Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/irrational_intelligence/

Dark Syaoran
01-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I'm a member there... but still!

LINKed up
01-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Maybe that Nazi hampster admin that runs FF.net gets off by deleteing the good fics. I think that I have read this fic, but don't remeber. I'm gonna try it again, eventually, but not now, cause I'm lazy.

Lady Rebecca
01-31-2006, 10:08 PM
I sent him a PM, I wonder if he will respond...

ChuckDaTruck
01-31-2006, 10:28 PM
I'd like to read this. Well this sucks. (I hate getting worthless e-mail).

Is it worth joining?

ip82
02-01-2006, 07:55 PM
New link: http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=8856

ip82
02-02-2006, 10:09 PM
There's a new chapter available on his group.

Not the best one, I'd say.
It seems he'll do that whole kid-power thing, with Order members twidling their thumbs, while almighty DA battles the Death Eaters (using light curses only, of course).
And then he did the reenactment of that lame scene from HBP with pirate cave and inferni - Harry's acting a little better but still like a Gryffindor.

I must say that the guy forgets that he's dealing with Salazar now - light magic, broom rides, student clubs... meh, this story should have been darker than this, especially with all the references of bondage, slavery and harems the innitial plot-bunny is based on...

I'm just afraid this might turn into another failure like "Dark Witch & Necromencer", where the author looses sight of his or hers initial ideas by trying to force the plot back into the canon mold...

ChuckDaTruck
02-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Sounds like it took a turn for the worse. Fuck it. I'm not gonna read it. I don't wanna be disappointed.

Dark Syaoran
02-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Hrmmm... that doesnt sound like this story at all... Harry was a lot smarter and colder before, in the sense that he wouldnt mind using the dark arts on Death Eaters. This sounds like everything has taken a 180.

cmuylistoooo
02-04-2006, 01:43 AM
question is : is it his beta or was it him....

Dark Syaoran
02-04-2006, 02:53 AM
I actually didnt see what was wrong with it.... the DA thing looks like its going to happen and that annoys me but other than that, everything was fine.

Harry was pretty good when they went to get the locket. He wasnt being stupid as he was in HBP.... I mean, he found a different way to get the locket other than force feed Dumbledore... thats pretty smart.

ip82
02-04-2006, 04:34 AM
Don't know, but this chapter kinda brought in a few hard facts home

1) Harry won't be ditching Ron & Hermione, there won't be confrontation over the fact that he's Slytherin and that he owns a harem.

2) Harry won't be using much dark magic and he won't be fighting fire with fire. He'll still go around trying to stun people and bring them to justice... Salazar Slytherin? Yeah right, maybe that's why his pet basilisk only stunns people in books... Ridiculous.

3) This will be using that overused idea of Harry gathering and training DE (probably using muggle methods), so they end up stronger then aurors and participate in the final battle fought in the halls of Hogwarts.

Sorry, but I expected different kind of storry when he had Harry merge with Salazar and start gathering sex-slaves.I'm not saying it's exactly bad, it's just that it'll take some time getting used to the lower... or just different level of expectations from this story.

Dark Syaoran
02-04-2006, 05:10 AM
I dont think he'll just use 'light' magic... he did use the killing curse without a second thought, even if it was on a stone basin. It showed that Dumbledore was also a bit miffled at that, the way he reacted to him using it so carelessly. Just stared at him... ya know?

Dont count out a few conflicts yet between his friends. I'm positive Ron will have a hernia(sp?) when he learns about him being Slytherin... if he doesnt then yeah, it will be kinda crappy. Same goes with the Harem, Hermione and Ginny should get pissed or whatever but yeah, if they dont then thats stupid.

The DA is the biggest bit I hate. Hopefully they wont turn into super soilders after a few weeks training. If that happens... well, may god have mercy on this stories soul.

Goddessa39
03-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Read it so far. Love it. Continue.

DarthBill
04-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Well, I like this story, even if it's not as dark as someone would have originally expected. I will probably skim over any DA scenes, though. The only times I like the DA are when Harry is using it to corrupt the minds of the other students.

Dark Syaoran
04-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Has been updated for anyone interested.

It was a fairly good chapter though I disliked the stuff with Hermione. I guess it was 'in-canon' though, her being a little nosy bint and not taking the hint that she doesnt need to know everything about Harry.

That stuff the Twins made sounds cool but... well, that just made everything a little too easy. Just throw in a Horcrux, stir, and w00t, one Horcrux gone.