1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/NightKill - Signup Thread

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Lungs, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is...

[​IMG]

Fate/NightKill is a mafia variant turned into a mafia-esque forum game (the clarification was insisted upon by Lutris) based off the Visual Novel Fate/StayNight. In depth knowledge of the story isn't necessary, but it'll certainly make it more fun for you.

It will consist of 14 players - 7 Masters and 7 Servants.

There will be no scum and town distinctions. All of you are fighting for different reasons, ideologies and causes.

What is expected of you?

More analytical thinking than Mafia - there will be no one posting long tl;drs for you to read, interpret and vote along. Everyone with the exception of your Servant or your Master is a potential enemy.

Roles

Each of the Masters is a Mage!

A Mage (not to be confused with Wizards) are people who walk the path of death to discover the true nature of things. Scientists that work with Magic whose objectives generally are to find the Root of All Knowledge.

A Mage has a guaranteed power and what a terrible power it is! It is the Command Seal.

The Command Seal allows you to do three things, with any repetitions, no more than three times in total:

1. Protect yourself from death.
    2. Protect your Servant from death.
    3. Instantly attack someone at any time.

If you're alive at the end, and you don't need your Command Seals for some reason, you can also tell your Servant to write a thousand words worth of fanfiction. (I am, unfortunately, incapable of enforcing this bit.)

But not all Mages are created equal. Some of them have stood the test of time, knowledge, and temptation, while others may have only begun their career. There are those who have studied for many years without much fruit nor talent, and the little prodigies who the hardworking love to hate.

There are High, Medium and Low level Mages.

A High level Mage is capable of any of the following skills ONCE during the game:

1. Reality Marble - A night of Immunity for Master and Servant.
    2. High Speed Divine Words - 1st Priority for all Night commands on the night used.
    3. Alchemy - An extra use of your Command Seal.
    4. Mystic Eyes - The Capability to see the Role of One Target and their Class (if they are a Servant).

A Medium level Mage is capable of any of the following skills ONCE during the game:

1. Alchemy - An extra use of your Command Seal.
    2. Mystic Eyes - The Capability to see the Role of One Target and their Class (if they are a Servant).

A Low level Mage is capable of any of the following skills TWICE during the game:

1. Reinforcement - Increases the Priority of ONE action by a single step.

Each of the Servants is a figure in history, mythology, or literature (not limited to books, anime, tv shows, etc).

Their classes are Saber, Lancer, Archer, Berserker, Rider, Caster and Assassin.

Each Servant has three components:

1. A Master
    2. A Class (or Role)
    3. An Identity.

The Identity is a very, very important part of your Servant. Is your Saber, in actually, King Arthur? Perhaps your Caster is, in fact, Albus Dumbledore!

Every Identity will come with TWO Noble Phantasms (offensive objects or magics related to the mythos of your Identity) and TWO Traits (game-changing objects or magics related to the mythos of your Identity). For example, while King Arthur might have Excalibur, Dumbledore might have Fawkes the Phoenix. Excalibur would be a Noble Phantasm, while Fawkes is probably a Trait.

The Identity will be determined AFTER the Roles are drawn. Each Master (without knowing who their Servant is, or colluding with them) will have to decide who they want their Servant to be, with only the knowledge of their Role. It can be anyone! The burden falls on me (and anyone I can bounce ideas off of) to create Noble Phantasms and Traits, though you can certainly make suggestions. There will be a list available in some time. The various Traits and Noble Phantasms will be kept ENTIRELY secret until selection time.

Alliances

At any point in the game, a Master/Servant duo may propose (by Quicktopic'ing me or PM'ing me) an Alliance to any other player. They can either accept or deny the Alliance offer. You will be given a QuickTopic with your Allies. Whoever accepts first (if multiple are sent out) will be allied immediately.

There are several advantages to having an Alliance. You have someone who you can vote with. They are secret to all but the members of the Alliance. The other member of your alliance may choose to assist you if you are being targeted for a kill at night. You may collude to kill others in the night, forcing people to either waste their command seals or literally just die. Also, most importantly, post-lynch Master/Servant cooption. See Mechanics for clarification about the last bit.

There are several disadvantages to having an Alliance. You may be betrayed at any time. While you may only be part of 1 Alliance at a time, you may break it off without any sort of notice by PMing me or QT'ing me. It will not be known that you have broken off the Alliance by the betrayed until you are actively in another alliance or have confirmed that you do not want to be part of an alliance. So choose your allies wisely!

Alliance Gains: If one of the members in your Alliance has been killed off (and you become a party of three), you may form yet another Alliance. If you have a party of four, you may not join another Alliance.

If Master 1/Servant 1 receives Master 2, and Master 1 dies, Master 2 automatically becomes the Master of Servant 1.

Bottom Line: You choose whether you want to build a nice, working relationship to last you till the end, or if you want to play a backstabber's game. You choose whether to lie, whether to cheat, or even attack your Allies. It's all up to you. Keep in mind that you can tell your Allies anything you wish.

Mechanics

Day Phase:

1. Reporting Night Kills (if any happened) and the role of the killed. If a Master is killed, their role (i.e. Master of Saber) will NOT be revealed. If a Servant is killed, their role WILL be revealed, but their Master will not, nor will their Identity.

2a. Discussion and Lynch Votes. Deadline Votes may be called.

2b. Day Attacks. You may choose to fight someone in the middle of the day. If you do so, EVERYONE will discover your Noble Phantasm, but not the Master, nor the Role. The Servant must declare an attack in the thread.

3. Lynch happens, by plurality or by deadline. If there is no lynch, there is no lynch. If a Command Seal is used to prevent the lynch, the Master will be revealed, but the Role of the Servant will not.

4. Everyone in the thread will publicly vote to attack or protect someone who they designate as the Master or Servant of the lynched.

5. By the Alliance System, if the Servant or Master is protected successfully (more protects than attacks on the personage), they will join the Master/Servant they are allied with permanently. A dead master means that their Command Seals and the Servant will go to the Ally. A dead Servant means the Master and unused spells will go to the Ally.

6. If there are more attackers than protectors, the Master or Servant will do battle with all of the attackers.

Night Phase:

1. The declaration of High Speed Divine Words happen. If a High level mage uses their Words, their actions will all be immediately performed. The only thing that precedes the HSDW are Command Seals.

2. Each Master/Servant combo must declare a Night Dedication.

a. Battle - they will gain higher (by 1) Priority to all attacks.
    b. Defend - they will gain higher (by 1) Priority to all defends. If Masters are attacked at this point, they will not need a Command Seal to defend themselves.
    c. Research - they will be capable of choosing Servant they know the Noble Phantasm of (a battle they've taken part in) and discover both their Identity and their in-game abilities.
    d. Scout - they will be told the Night Dedication of 2 random Masters. However, the only thing that will save a Master from being attacked would be the Command Seals.

3. Night Attacks.

If a Master or Servant is killed during the Night, the neither Role will be revealed. The counterpart will immediately go to the Ally.

Winning

You and your Alliance (if you remain faithful till the end) or your Alliance Gains must be the only ones left alive.

Begin at 12:00 PM EST on October 25, 2011. Around the World.

Spot Reserve: Jon, Pyracrys.

Priority will be given to those who have played many games but are NOT in any current games.

The actual game will begin on October 30, 2011 at 12:00 PM EST.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You really shouldn't have posted this so early.

Also, in the middle of other people's games.

3. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Yeah, since we've already got one, going on two games going on right now with another just finished, I think it's a little soon for a third.

4. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

And it's still early days of development, to boot. Should step back a bit, let things settle, give it some time and talk it over with some more people. We could turn this thread into a discussion on what works and what doesn't, and make a signup sometime soon. Might be for the best.

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I guess it is a little early but I would like to play if you still intend to start.

6. Lungs

High Score:
    Le herp.

Signup Date changed.

Feedback on anything and everything will be accepted.

7. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait, dammit. Herp derp. Missed the changed date.

Oh delete button, where are you.

8. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Hey I wanna join this game. I'm online everyday because of work so schedule wouldn't be much of a problem.

9. Lungs

High Score:
    The signup date is a week from now. I'm sorry About the confusion, everyone.

10. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Once I figure out the rules, I will agree to join.

Also, some examples of a Noble Phantasms and a Trait would be nice.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  11. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How much does the identity of the hero/servant matter? Would kind of suck is someone took Goku or someone similarly overpowered and won with them.

Otherwise, same Smile. Once I figure out the rules, I am definitely interested.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Considering there are already theoretically stronger and weaker Masters, I'm sure that there will be technically stronger and weaker Servants... and Berserker.

I am intrigued by this game model, if nothing else than to see the various servants and their derived abilities. It is almost more tempting to be an Observer straight off just for that, than actually play the game.

13. Lungs

High Score:
    @SmileOfTheKill - This hero will be UNUSABLE in the game:

Taure on a Plane
    Rider

NP: tl;dr - Gives -1 priority to any opponent for the next 2 days. One use every two days without tl;dr on.
    NP: Plane - +2 Priority attack

Trait: Ashaya-Scouting - If he spends one night scouting (Ashaya's nether regions), he gains +1 Priority on his next attack. - Stackable
    Trait: White Knight from the Order of Pedophiles - If Master is under 18 or Female, +1 Command Seal for every new master (+1 for original Master)

That was me and Lamora being lulzy. But he would have been a perfectly valid example of a Servant.

@Nemrut - Heros can make the difference between life and death. There are some secret balancing mechanisms that I can't inform you of, but rest assured, a Servant is capable of winning the game if he's cut off from his Master and EVERY servant/master duo will be capable of winning the game in some way or another. They would have to be very lucky and quite powerful (a Knight class or Berserker, even), but that's late-game stuff.

The Servants are tiered. You can probably guess how, but... people have the chance of summoning better or worse servants. Some servants are great for in-Alliance support. Others are very good for solo play. Yet others make it fantastically easy for you to backstab people. When I present a list of servants to each master, they might want to research the various fables and legends to figure out what type of person their Hero was in their various mythoses.

The Observer QT will be given out to whoever wants it, Fen :p

14. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck you, Lungs. Rider Taure will rise again.

15. Lungs

High Score:
    D:8

/10char

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hmm, Irene and LittleKnee... I don't think that there are there any other under-eighteen females that have been playing the Mafia-and-Variants games.

17. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Palindrome.

/filler

18. Lungs

High Score:
    Also, tbh, would you hedge your bets with Taure if you didn't know anything about the Traits and Noble Phantasms when you were choosing your Rider? :3

/rude

19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

...but is it Taure that does the Riding?:p

20. Lungs

High Score:
    Nah. Role Reversal. Taure becomes the Master and you are the Rider :eek:

Only we know that's not actually true :3