1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Silent Ponyville by Jake Heritagu - M - MLP:FiM/Silent Hill Crossover

Discussion in 'My Little Pony' started by Chengar Qordath, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Title: Silent Ponyville
    Author: Jake Heritagu
    Rating: M
    Genre: Horror
    Status: Complete (link includes side stories; some are complete, some WIP).
    Fandom: MLP/Silent Hill
    Pairings: None in the original
    Summary: Pinkie Pie is being tormented by horrific nightmares. Unable to deal with it by herself anymore she seeks out Twilight's help, but will it have been the best decision when she finds herself alone in an abandoned, fog filled Ponyville?
    Link: ED Link here (includes sequels/side stories)

It's pretty much exactly what you would expect from the name; Silent Hill with ponies.

I'm not an expert on Silent Hill, so while I think the fic does a decent job of capturing the general feel of it, I'm not the best person to speak on that matter. In any case, I found the story reasonably creepy and engaging.

My only complaints would be that the dialogue tends to be a bit wordy, and there is the occasional grammar flub. Still a good fic though; I'd rate it at 4.5/5.

The side stories and sequels are also a point of interest; haven't read them yet myself, though.

2. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

Also available (and more easily read) at FiMFiction, where the grass really is greener and the sun shines all day. Link!

The first half was weak, particularly the way Pinkie Pie was sent to Silent Ponyville, but from Chapter 3 on, things got pretty freaky. Video game elements(quest items, keys) always bug me, but the alternate endings bit made up for that to a degree. Sad Pinkie is usually so jarring to be unreadable, but the backstory managed to pull it off, kind of.

It also seems to be a spin-off or crossover for Cupcakes. So...

It's worth reading for actually managing to combine Silent Hill and My Little Pony properly, but Grimdark!Pinkie Pie doesn't really work with Pinkie as the victim, so 4/5

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011