1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Jigsaw!Harry Fanfic Idea

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Coranth, May 29, 2006.

1. Coranth

Coranth Guest

I'm sure that some / many / all of you have seen the movies "Saw" and "Saw II." Well, if any of you here at DLP have seen them, I have an idea for you. I would love to read a good Harry Potter/Saw Crossover Fic, and my idea is this:

"What if Harry Potter was found--or even raised by--the Serial Killer, Jigsaw?"

Some situations where this could work:

A) When Albus Dumbledore places young Harry with the Dursleys, they don't take him in; instead, they abandon him, and leave him on the streets to die. Jigsaw finds baby Harry, raises him as though he was his own, and teaches him to "teach others to appreciate life." (i.e. Amanda doesn't exist; Harry is Jigsaw's apprentice.)

B) At the end of his Fith Year, when Harry is home at the Dursleys and grieving for his Godfather... one day, perhaps he takes a walk somewhere and bumps into an elderly man named John, aka Jigsaw. Harry and Jigsaw end up talking to each other. (They meet each other several times, perhaps?) Harry -eventually- learns to trust Jigsaw and ends up telling him everything about his life, the Wizarding World, etc. Jigsaw offers to mentor and/or train Harry as a second apprentice / heir, and Harry accepts? (Harry/Amanda romance?)

After that.... perhaps one, or many years later....

"Hello Mr. Riddle (or Lucius / Bellatrix / Albus / Ron / Hermione... whoever). You don't know me, but I know you. I want to play a game..."

Think about it: with access to the right knowledge, and his abilities as a wizard, Harry could probably come up with some truly twisted "games" (traps) for his victims...

Coranth

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2006
  2. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

Havent seen the movies but that does sound sickeningly promising

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  3. Cupspeaker

Cupspeaker Looked into the void

Wow.... Just wow! That is a great idea. I got an account on ff.net that I have never touched. Do you mind if I use the idea and weave it into a story? I have only seen saw 1 and not the second movie so I will download it off limewire first if I have your permission to write this. Just... wow. *awe*

4. Coranth

Coranth Guest

Cupspeaker....

Why do you think I posted the idea here?! OF COURSE you can use it! I GAVE it to all at DLP so everyone could use it! I WANT to see some Harry Potter/Saw Fics. Take my idea. Use the idea. Go wild with it; you're only limited by your imagination. All I ask is that you make the story you write a GOOD one!

Coranth

5. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Shouldnt this be in the Fanfic Discussion.

Anyways... interesting Ideas, if I had seen the movies.

6. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

Lol thats a great idea, but first i have to dload sawii off limewire thats funny. The idea is also pretty interesting because it's so different. In other words, it isn't cliche at all. Personally, i havn't been reading much fics lately because i see them all the same because they all share similarites, which i can't stand, thats why i don't like Ginny Harry fics, the ship has been soooooo overdone it makes me want to smash my head into the monitor.

7. Coranth

Coranth Guest

SLASH SUCKS...

I'm actually a newbie poster; I haven't posted on these forums until today. But I have -read- many posts.

On Harry/Ginny
    I just wonder... -why- do so many people hate Harry/Ginny Fics? Is it because people think Ginny is a "little red-headed slut"? (people have referred to her as GinSlut and/or Stalker!Ginny, etc) Or do people just hate that ship because it's, as you say, overdone? I personally am NOT a rabid Harry- Ginny fan at all, but I do like romance (*cough* ol' softie! *cough*). I'll read fics where Harry is paired up with anyone. I do like Harry/Hermione fics though (i.e. Harry's brawn paired with Herm's brains).

On the Jigsaw!Harry Fic idea
    The only thing about the idea that -might- be cliche is in the first situation I wrote, situation A). In that one, Harry is abandoned by the Dursleys. I've read a few fics where Harry is abandoned (and grows up on the streets). However, I think this is something that's -needed-, in order to make the idea of Jigsaw finding and raising Harry possible. Anyways, if you like the idea, by all means, use it. That's what I posted it here for!

Coranth

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2006
  8. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    First, why the hell would Harry trust the old man with anything. He would never just trust someone, even Canon Harry is a little paranoid not to trust everyone and spill everything about his life.

And for the getting abandoned that's been done to hell and back. No matter if they hate magic, they were still afraid of Dumbledore's letter to do anything to Harry, let alone abandon him. Also, Dumbledore is having Harry watched so...?

9. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

I don't have the balls to write fanfiction unfortunaly, my ego can't take the criticism, but i think I have decent tastes, as i usually like the stories that many others like. Many people don't like Ginny because she's a dirty fangirl, who only likes Harry because he's famous. reference reread books 1-6.

She is also portraid as a skank, after michel corner breakup shes dating Dean Thomas, within like a few days, WTF its almost like she dates anybody who asks her. THE WHORE.

Anyways, i'm new here myself and you'll fit in quite well if you hate slash, hate ginny and hermoine, although, I dont't dislike her as much as the Gin whore, but I can't stand her bossiness and in real life if i met someone as anoying as her I'd tell her to go fuck herself and punch her in the jugular.

Personally i didn't hate ginny as much until her personality started to show in books 4, 5 & 6, and then the ship with Harry I wanted to gouge out my eyes with a spoon.

If you like Ginny and H/G ship, I wouldn't make any pro H/G comments or people will be on you like stink on shit, but in a friendly way of course.

10. Coranth

Coranth Guest

Dark Lord Rostam,

The two situations I wrote down in my idea were just that, hypothetical situations for getting Harry and John/Jigsaw to meet. As I said when I posted it, it's just an idea, and anyone can use it, modify it, or completely ignore it. So... you can happily slam it, flame it, or take it and do with it what you will.

Coranth

11. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    What if Harry was put in the game, and he was the one to get out of it and then John saw his potential and makes him his apprentice.

It also weakens Harry's adversity to helping everyone, as that would get him killed in Jigsaw's twisted little place.

So he becomes Darker as he realizes how selfish some people are, (somebody tried to kill him to be free and Harry fought back and castrated him with a [flaming or not] stick up the ass).

He then either joins John, or goes Dark and uses John as a mean to take down muggles.

12. Coranth

Coranth Guest

SLASH SUCKS...

"Many people don't like Ginny because she's a dirty fangirl, who only likes Harry because he's famous."

Ah, okay, I get it.

"She is also portraid as a skank, after michel corner breakup shes dating Dean Thomas, within like a few days, WTF its almost like she dates anybody who asks her. THE WHORE."

*LOL!*

"Anyways, i'm new here myself and you'll fit in quite well if you hate slash, hate ginny and hermoine, although, I dont't dislike her as much as the Gin whore, but I can't stand her bossiness and in real life if i met someone as anoying as her I'd tell her to go fuck herself and punch her in the jugular."

If I met someone like Hermione in real life I'd say to her, 'Hey... tone it down some, eh? Not everyone is as smart as you, and many people don't take kindly to know-it-alls.'

"Personally i didn't hate ginny as much until her personality started to show in books 4, 5 & 6, and then the ship with Harry I wanted to gouge out my eyes with a spoon."

Fair enough!

"If you like Ginny and H/G ship, I wouldn't make any pro H/G comments or people will be on you like stink on shit, but in a friendly way of course."

As I said, I like -any- ship not just HP/GW.

13. Coranth

Coranth Guest

Dark Lord Rostam...

"What if Harry was put in the game, and he was the one to get out of it and then John saw his potential and makes him his apprentice."

This sounds great... to have Harry as the next Jigsaw, "playing" with Muggles and Wizards alike!

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I don't think it would work for Jigsaw to raise Harry. Remember, he only became Jigsaw after getting cancer, which leaves him only several years to live - not enough to raise someone AND go on a killing rampage.

And if you try with the mentor!Jigsaw, then you get a whole bunch of other problems - Order looking over Harry, Harry accepting tutelage on how to torture people, timeframe etc...

I think that the only way for this plot to work would be to use only the IDEA of Jigsaw, not the actual person. In other words, have Harry become a person like Jigsaw at some point in time and start playing games; no mentor, no AU, just one very crazy but brilliant Harry teaching meaning of life to apathic wizarding society.

So, let's say, after few years of training, Harry kills Voldemort but in the process gets hit by some kind of dark curse, that is slowly killing him. Since Voldemort is gone, everybody pretty much forget about their hero, going back to their daily lives. Harry is disgusted how complicant everyone is, including his old friends, so he decides to teach them a lesson...

... not sure if you could logically keep the whole motivation intact (teaching people how precious life is), but if nothing else, you could change it to something else...

15. saL

saL Second Year

why make up the dark course?

you can always use the prophecy looming over harry, in the end this is very little different from cancer, perhaps only a little smaller chance to live through it... even though all hp fics end with harry defeating voldemort

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Because, with Voldemort around, one can always argue why would Harry use his considerable talents to play with random people, instead going after Voldemort and/or saving his own hide.

No, the only way I see a plot like this happening is in a post-Voldemort world, where everyone is under pressure from some tyranic Ministry or something, and no one can be arsed to do anything about, it except getting high and keeping their heads down - not something that Harry can appreciate, after sacrificing his youth and life to give them a chance at freedom from Voldemort.

17. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

COranth, if youd like to debate H/G with Slashsucks, use PMs and try to keep this on topic.

AS for the topic.

This is a beautiful Idea... id have to go watch the movies since I've only seen part of Saw and none of saw ii.

*Goes to find them*

18. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

i might try it out.... just might, because homework is KILLING ME.

i like the idea of a brilliantly twisted Harry Potter who likes to play games with people.... deadly games... *drools*

19. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think it's a great idea to play some games in the HP-verse. I agree that the first scenario cannot fit into the time frame of Saw.

Harry could adopt the idea by experiencing something similar to what Jigsaw did. If you haven't seen Saw II yet, here's a spoiler about that in the worst color that can be used in this forum:
    So if you could adapt that to Harry in any way with a curse (or even the simple, non-magic cancer)...

20. Cupspeaker

Cupspeaker Looked into the void

What about if Harry goes to the movies and WATCHES saw on the theatre. Then he gets the idea and uses it in the wizarding world launching it into a wave of terror. FOR EVERYONE. (Especially Ginny, Draco, Snape, Dumbledore, Ron, Crabbe, and Goyle - my least favorite characters)