1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge #3 - Amerision

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Amerision, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

---Challenge 3---

Timeframe: PostOOTP
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Suspense

Summary:

When Voldemort comes to bypass the wards, Harry finds out the Power the Dark Lord knows not.

It is simply the ability to survive the killing curse.

Suffering his own killing curse again, Voldemort is cast off as a spirit like before.

But what characteristics are passed to Harry this time around?

And what else is there to do now that he's gone?

Looking back at the corpse, he burns it and puts on the robes...

Erasing any evidence of a battle, he puts a charm on his face and picks up the Yew wand, putting his own in his pocket...

---

Taking his place, Harry must live a double life as the boy-who-lived at 15/16, and the greatest Dark Lord in history.

Spending his time at Grimmauld place over the summer with the Order, he must escape to participate in the very raids the Order goes to fight...

How long can he keep up the charade?

And why does Bellatrix keep on looking at him strangely after the Death Eater meetings...?

Rules:

1.) Harry must start geniunely like being Lord Voldemort
    2.) No Redemption, nor any friendship with Snape, Draco Malfoy, etc. Kills Snape as soon as possible.
    3.) Harry must stay acting as Harry Potter, boy-who-lived and be with the Order for a good part of the story.
    4.) Harry starts growing bored of his life as Harry Potter and his friends (he doesn't hate them, just finds them boring. He can hate them later on..) , and starts looking forward to returning to his Dark Lord duties more and more.
    5.) No dumb fluffy friendships
    6.) Do something with Nagini. Switching masters to Harry is a good idea.
    7.) At least a minor struggle to keep the act, juggle time with Order and keep up with the raids. Harry comes back hurt sometimes from raids, people question him (He isn't quite up to LV's skills yet, but he eventually gets there).
    8.) Show Harry's dilemma on how to keep to Lord Voldemort's character, and keep up with the former Dark Lord's skills. He must be studying...hard, or go through a slow knowledge drain from Lord Voldemort.
    9.) If there are any ships: Tonks or Bella or Unusual Character. Must be fitting. No Fleur. No Slash. No H/Hr, H/C, or H/G.
    10.) Must duel Dumbledore at some point, most likely later on.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  2. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

A few problems here for me. How can a 16 year old Harry defeat Voldemort in the first place? How can he survive against Dumbledore? How can he stop Dumbledore from fnding out? Why would he want to be Voldemort?

3. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

How about this:

Voldemort comes to Privet Drive and manages to bypass the wards because he shared the same blood with Harry.

Harry hears Voldemort coming and fumbles for the emergency Portkey he got.

Just as Harry activates the Portkey, Voldemort blasts in and Accio's the Portkey.

The combination of the Portkey activating and the accio sends Voldemort far, far away (think South-America or China), without his wand.

Back a Privet Drive, Harry sees this as a chance to infiltrate the Death Eaters and turn them out to the ministry/Dumbles. So he dons the clothes of Voldemort, splatters some of his blood all over the place and proclaims the death of Harry Potter to the Death Eaters waiting outside.

And then the whole corrupting slowly begins, turning Light!Harry into Dark!Harry.

I like the challenge Amerision, could be a tough write but the result could be something very good

4. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I believe 16 year old Harry defeated Voldemort in your fic. *smirks*

At any rate, he could have Harry doing something like going back into the chamber of secrets after his second year, and finding dark magics books or something, but not being able to do the spells because they're too advanced, so he becomes ambitious to learn the dark magic in the books, becomes more powerful with rituals and such, and finds the lure of dark magic hard to resist so he wants more power, and when Voldemort attempts an attack on him, he kills him, takes his place.

Or simply, after Harry's first year and the incident with Quarrell, he realizes there are people who really want to kill him and he can't always be protected, so he studies all through the Hogwarts libraries, chamber of secrets, etc. He could have the same temperant as canon, yet he just works harder in school, studying instead of chess with ron. And then when Voldemort attacks, he wins, takes his place.

It wouldn't be too hard to find some way to make him powerful, imo.

5. Amerision

I changed the challenge a bit to reflect your concerns, but no AU please, minor changes if you want, but nothing too major.

The rest is open ended.

But Harry should not be as powerful/skilled as Voldemort for at at least a while.

That's half the fun - learning frantically to not lose face during raids and holding his own against Dumbledore.

Plus, he's got to practice his Crucio!...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  6. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

I was under the impression, seeing as it was me who wrote it, that he defeated Voldemort after 26 chapters and various transformations (including Dumbledore's knowledge).

Anyway, the challenge seems a bit more plausable now as well as original but I definitely like your Identity challenge better.

7. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

I like the basic idea, Harry impersonating and eventually becoming Voldemort, but why would he want to? You say that he's bored with his life, but there is no canon evidence showing that he is a sadistic psycho bastard that goes off leading masked evildoers in raids that kill innocent people. That's the big issue for me on this one, otherwise I find it a pretty good plot idea, although still not up to par with the Identity challenge.

You could have him have to take the position of Voldemort as Death Eaters arrive, and enjoy the sense of power he gets both from ordering around servants and maiming the occasional muggle. That power could become seductive, until it completely overtakes him. Not very good, I know, but maybe it will spark some better ideas.

8. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

He could start out wanting to capture the Death Eaters and he didn't think Dumbledore would approve of his plan. Eventually the Dark Magic corrupts him.

I like the Challenge alot. The only question I have is about Horcruxes. Do they exist? Is Nagini one? That would be a slap in the face for Voldemort; a piece of his own soul betraying him.

9. Amerision

The AK transfers some more characteristics...

As for him liking it and why?

Either:

1.) He's just tired of his life and wants to live another...

2.) It could be simple curiosity that turns into an addiction that leads to an obsession...

3.) Starts as a way to get info on the Death Eaters. Ends as an addiction.

4.) Thrill. :)

5.) Betrayal/Uber!Manipulation from Dumble's part.

10. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I wasn't insulting you or knocking your story as I enjoyed it, I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of your statement. I don't see why Harry couldn't go through similar transformations in one way or another in this challenge.

11. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I thought he made that clear. The power the dark lord knows not is the ability to survive the killing curse...

But then i have just realised that Amerision must have editied his post... sorry

Anyway. I like the idea. Sounds great. You need not worry about Horcruxes if it is Post OOTP, and if some of Voldemorts malice is transfered into Harry that can explain the desire to play as voldermort. It could also be that Harry doesnt want the fame of killing voldemort again and decides, for some reason, to keep up the premise that Voldemort still lives.

He could be pushed towards a turn to Dark!harry after learning of certain manipulations from someone...

It could be like how Tom Riddle is in CoS... When he is treatened with Hogwarts closing, he stops the attacks from the chamber... Harry has the same power to stop the raids of Voldemort since its him, if only Dumbledore or someone could threaten to take away something vital to him... but im rambling.... sorry

12. Amerision

^That's not a bad idea.

I think it should be something impulsive - he just does it. This would result from some characteristics transfered from Riddle this time around.

Harry keeps telling himself it's just a way to capture the Death Eaters, that he isn't evil, but the gets more and more involved.

13. Cupspeaker

Cupspeaker Looked into the void

It is a good idea, but now for the one million dollar question: Who is going to write it? I would offer but I am not nearly as skilled a writer as i would like to be in order to take up this cup so to speak.

14. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

I think that DarthBill's solution is the best, and coupled with the seduction of *initiate Darth Vader voice* the Dark side *end Darth Vader Voice* I think that we have a winner.

Great Challenge, Amerision!

15. Amerision

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hmm, I'll have to read the story. Hopefully, it'll be good.

The idea of Harry living a second life as Voldemort is just too counter-productive. Why would anyone even attempt to keep both vastly different lives going? If you were smart, you'd just join the two.

Also, the Order must be a bunch of retards if they cant figure out something bad is happening when he turns up with cuts and shattered bones.

Its still a good idea, though I'd rather it if he made his own life by joining the two together.

17. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

This story looks promising. The only thing that scared me was the "jedi" in the title, but Amerision addresed it in his review.

18. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

It does look promosing, still not the direction I would have taken the challange but I guess thats the point.

I think it would be a very interesting challange to write, to see how one could realistically keep it going