1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help on Plot Line please.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Random Guy, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Random Guy

Random Guy Raptured to Hell

When Voldemort hit Harry with the AK, part of his soul permanently became part of Harry. Harry grew up like Tom, ambitous and shrewd but nobody knew about it. When the Sorting Hat is placed on his head, the Hat refused to sort him stating that Harry had been already placed in a house.

The Hat genuinely believes that Harry has already been placed. Harry tries to convince the Hat that he was not placed in any house, and he sat in a silence argument against the Hat for a long time. The Hat finally relented and placed Harry in Gryfindor. But before leaving the Hat told Harry "I sense a great power inside of you. Visit me in the Headmaster's office and we shall delve into this mystery more.

Dumbledore who had no idea Harry had part of Voldemort in him, became slightly suspicous on the amount of time it took to get him sorted, so he tried reading Harry's mind. But instead of seeing Harry's memories he saw an onslaught of unkown memories before he was knocked out of Harry's mind. AD decides to keep Harry under close contact. So AD signs Harry up for private lessons once a week.

In the first book, Dumbledore has many students to observe Harry. Meanwhile Harry excells in school and gets on the good side of all the teachers. When Harry goes to Dumbledore's he remembers the Hat's promise. Together they looked into his soul, he saw a memory of Tom answering a question, before he was sent out. Harry asks teh Hat who it was, but the Hat says that he does'nt remember.

During the lesson AD asks Harry an advance question about magic which was the same one Tom answered, which Harry answers without thinking. He is unconsiously drawn towards Quirrell, and he tails him. Harry befriends Hagrid and learns about the Stone.

Harry was greatly intrigued by this so he went to the library at night to look up the Stone. Ron tells AD about this, who is greatly distressed. Now when Harry fights Quirrel, another part of Voldemort's soul becomes a part of Harry's.

I plan on using this for a story, but I would like to plan it out before writing it. Nobody plagiarize this.

2. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Well, it seems like your trying to have Harry become Voldemort. Really this could go a bunch of ways. Harry could go Horcruex hunting for more souls, become LV and rule the world, or he uses the power for the Good side.

What you have is a begining without any real point yet. Basically nearly every event after this... would dictate what harry is going to do.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I'm not sure I like this idea very much.

It seems that everything Harry ever achieves in this story is thanks to this small part of Voldemort's soul... like your Voldemort is so great and fantastic, that even a small part of him would make any average Joe into a great wizard...

Sorry, but I just prefer for Harry to be great (or not) on his own, instead of needing a piece of Voldemort to do anything with his life. Not to mention that this will completely kill Harry's character and make him into a carbon copy of Voldemort, who is, in all honesty, a terrible, bland character on his own.

4. Random Guy

Harry will become Voldemort someday, by absorbing the Horcruxes (2nd year he absorbs the Horcrux), in the 3rd year he absorbs no horcruxes but the Dementor's affected him deeply. He recovered more of Tom's memory and finds out that he has Voldemort's soul in him. Harry who before was just shrewd and ambitous starts becomeing more evil, and he becomes a mixture between himself and Voldemort.

In the 4th year during the Priori INcanto, Harry gets more of Voldemort's knowledge. Also he gets enraged and plans to rule the world, when he found out that his fellow students have been reporting on him. Voldemort gets resurected.

In his 5th year Harry trains harder and starts manipulating people to join him. During the DOM battle when Voldemort tried to control Harry, another fragment became part of Harry's. This also caused all of Tom's memories to overcome Harry, and that is why he screams in pain.

This is not really going to be a carbon copy of Voldemort. I will edit out the part where Harry learns all of Tom's memories. Harry will be a canon copy in the begining but as the story progress he becomes more shrewd thanks to collecting Voldemort's soul.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  5. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Again, it seems like this is just gonna be "Harry takes over the world as LV thanks to soul sucking."

Taking over the world, Which is quite honestly boring and impossible. Youd have to remember all the other Ministries of Magics out there, all the other wizards. Even then, rulling the world is actually VERY boring to read.

6. BlueMagikMarker

BlueMagikMarker Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

Ok first of all, where do you plan on starting this fic? Are you going to write every book or something? Second, this sounds suspiciously like Amerision's challenge... maybe if you looked at his thread you could get some ideas. If you use any though, you should be sure to credit him in some way.

As for help on you plot...

Like ip82, I don't like fics where Harry gets everything from Voldemort. I also don't like fics where Harry loses his identity. So If I were writing this, I would put more focus on Harry being tainted by Voldemort's soul/horcruxes and less on him actually gaining power/turning into a clone of Voldemort. The sorting hat idea, while interesting, is not great for driving a plot. You seem to put a lot of focus on the sorting when it isn't very important in the long run... All in all, it could be a good fic, though it would be very hard to write. My advice to you is to think a little bit more about what you want to happen in the story and how it is important to the conclusion. Sure, throwing in little twists and sub-plots is fun, but without a solid base for the story, it will never see completion.

7. Random Guy

Oh, Amerision posted a challenge about this? I had this idea before I joined DLP. I will give credit to Amerision if I use his ideas.

EDIT: That's my main problem with this story. I have no solid basis for this story, just alot of plot twists and subplots. I will use your Harry being tainted by Voldemort's soul for my story since it is more interesting than if he became a copy of LV.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  8. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

9. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

Honestly, I don't like that the iddy bitty part of Voldemort's soul overrules the overwhelmingly good part of Harry's soul that you see in Canon, but if you are going to do this, there are a few things that will need a lot of explaining:

Why did the hat ultimately choose Gryffindor?
    Why would the hat not remember Tom Riddle?
    Why would Dumbledore even THINK to ask some advanced question about magic?