1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry as a Dark Lord Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Patrik f, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

While many stories and challenges are about Harry becoming a Dark Lord so would I like to think that mine is a bit diffrent. I have been thinking of this one for quite some time and cant get it out of my mind.

Is set when Harry is around 50 to 60 years old. Voldemort must have been read for at least 30 years. Dumbledore must be dead as well.

Harry is Minister of Magic. What no one knows is that he is a Dark Lord, all Aurors and Department Heads are loyal to him. Harry should also have most if not all teachers at Hogwarts loyal to him.

The story would be as Harry moves to take control of The International Confederation of Wizards.

Harry would be based of Palpatine from Star Wars Episode 1-3.

2. standard

standard Looked into the void

To be honest, I don't think it is a good idea. Where is the real conflict? A deception would be quite easy to carry out, but without the conflict of an oppenent of the same skills this story would be a boring read.

How about his friends suspect him? Or you could have Voldemort not dead, just waiting for the right time to come out in the open. This idea is original, but that is the only plus. It can be improved upon however.

3. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

Maybe I should have made it clearer that while the public pretty much loves him so is there people that knows there is a Dark Lord high in the goverment they just dont know who it is.

If again I take something from Star Wars so would The Order of the Phoenix have a similar role as the Jedi, they are searching for the dark lord. Also Harry
    cant be a member of the Order. He might have spies in it but for what ever reason so is Harry not a member.

4. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

So...is the conflict basically the conflict from the Star Wars movies? I mean, it's a good original idea, but without a conflict or anything, I don't see it going anywhere. While this could be a good story for a while, seeing Harry's manipulations and how everyone reacts, the readers would lose interest pretty soon.

5. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

I agree with Fuegodefuerza, good idea, but who could actually face him. If he defeated Voldemort, he will be very powerful, and with no Dumbledore around, he would have no equals.

Drawing off Star Wars, who will be the Yoda that tries to face him? Otherwise you get Harry able to slaughter any 10 people, let alone 1 person being a challenge

6. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

hmmmm........ so is it gonna stick to the stars wars plot all the way to his death?

7. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

You could have a prophesy about his destruction made...

8. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Amerision set a better challeng, visit his profile.