1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bunches of Challenges [#4] - Amerision

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Amerision, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

--Challenge #4--

A compilation of mini-challenges I have thought up:

--

Timeframe: PostOOTP
    Pairing: Harry/Succubus

After a young succubus foolishly decides to interfere with fate and make a powerful wizard her new target, the prophecy decides that Harry still has work to do and can't die just yet.

Immortal to her, Harry beats off the Succubus, forcing it into his servitude.

Harry now has the most beautiful possible creature in existence as his bitch.

Harry's friends aren't going to be very accepting of a demon...

Dark/Independent! or Horror or PWP or Smutfest with Plot

--

Timeframe: PostOOTP/HBP -> Marauder Era
    Pairing: Harry/Lily

Blasted back in time for some inane reason, Harry finds himself in his parent's 7th (or 6th) year.

Deciding to change time a bit, he takes scope of his surroundings.

Only problem is...where's James?

--

Timeframe: 198? -> AU Seventh Year +
    Pairing: ?

When baby [or child] Harry yearns to go to a place where his needs are met, he finds himself in a very special room at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

What can the Room of Requirement provide?

Forced to take a form, Hogwarts just became a mother...

Nobody can find Harry Potter...where is he?

What kind of life has he had growing up with a Castle in a human body as a mother in a room that can simulate anything?

What has he learned?

--

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  2. Bungler

Bungler Guest

I would love to see the first and last plot done.

The hogwarts mother fic has a plot hole Dumbles been in there and the twins to.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I like this one.

The biggest problem seems to be how to get Harry there.

Yes, you can do the accidental magic thing, but I kinda hate that deus-ex machina overused lame plot tool. Having Harry apparate EXACTLY to the room or requirements is too big of a coincidence for my liking.

Maybe the letter given to the Dursleys with Harry's crib act as an emergency portkey to the Great Hall in Hogwarts. Harry is trying to steal some money from Petunia's secret stash and finds the letter. He reads it, learns about magical world and his parents. Then he sees the description about portkey and the activation password. He packs up and activates the portkey, ending up in Hogwarts' great hall (Dumbledore wouldn't just leave a back door to his office).

Harry is just exploring around, when Dumbledore and Minerva run in, talking how they must return Harry to the Dursleys before the blood wards fall down (the wards had notified Dumbledore that Harry is gone). Harry doesn't want to be sent back to his cupboard and runs away, wishing for a place to hide away from both Dumbledore and the Dursleys. ROR provides him with a secure home.

Once Harry figures out how the room works, he wishes for what he always wanted - parents. ROR can't conjure living people, and does nothing. Harry keeps wishing and releases some accidental magic, forcing the room to comply any way it can - by capturing Hogwarts spirit and bonding it inside the room to act as Harry's guardian.

Now imagine a 1000+ years old entity that had to deal with generation upon generation of anoying brats, screaming and snogging in cupboards and ruining potions and becoming biased against each other's houses and never reaching their full potential... you get a beautiful bitch with the temper 100 worse than Snape. Of course, ROR wouldn't let Harry's perfect parent misbehave...

Well, that's at least how this bunny came out as a 5 minute typing rant... Has potential in capable hands, that's for sure.

4. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Except for the fact that they have no idea what the room is, cannot find it again and think it was just a chamber / broom closet, so they wouldn't know what to look for.

5. Bungler

Bungler Guest

I was thinking about the whole HBP thing when you can see the door if its used but its from HBP soo its easy to just ignor.

6. razz

razz Seventh Year

These are all great.

I'd love to see any of them done. :D

7. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

These are a great set of challenges, Amerision.

ip's idea is the best for the last one. It could be made very plausible, and a proactive Harry that would result from this would be very fun to read about.

8. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

The first one would be cool, but please don't make it into another "Harry-is-shagging-his-beautiful-girlfriend". He got a beautiful sex demon in his servitude and pretty much every influencal person is male. Let him use her. She is his tool which he uses to achieve his goals.

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Great challenges Amerison. IP, you got that one down to a tee. If someone would write it I'd be very grateful.
    Oh and Fuegodefuerza, I love your sig! :p No one cares about the jews, lmao.

10. Myst

Myst Headmaster

That last challange looks mighty interesting. Would love to see it done.

11. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Nice, i like the idea, though i would prefer if you do it in a way that doesn't bash any characters for the first idea. of course, hermione won't like harry having a slave, and ron will get dead jealous. But harry, if you want to do it ic, has to feel bad about losing his friends, and those friends shouldn't act like total bastards either.

12. CGB

CGB Auror

I'd like to see ip's idea for the third challenge done. I don't really care for the first and the second has a plot-hole: If Harry arrives after his fifth year, how would Sirius, etc. believe he's James Potter? They were friends from the start if I'm not mistaken and he would have to have some history. Parents, etc. And Harry saw his father taking the OWLs in Snapes memory.

13. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

I think the idea is that something happens to James - he is replaced by Harry during the time travel incident, he mysteriously is dumped in a river after being shot in the head several times, he strangles himself, then chops himself into little pieces and feeds himself to Fluffy Sr. Point being, I think that James was supposed to be there up until Harry arrives, then the author makes up some reason for him not being there and (most likely) Harry replaces James thus the 7th year Lily/James romance which really is Lily/Harry.

14. CGB

CGB Auror

Yeah, but don't you think that James' friends would be suspicious? The only thing he could do in this case would be to obliviate them regularly or sth. like this. But I agree that it's possible to write this challenge.