1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Suicidal Harry Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Naga's Shadow, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

This is a challenge and or a request. If you can find a fic like this please link to it. Anyway

The idea is that Harry, after finding out about the prophecy doesn't think he can kill Voldemort so he kills himself to invalidate the prophecy and let Dumbledore be able to kill him. Sadly for Harry the link between the two of them prevents Harry from dieing and instead he ends up a shade like Voldemort was.

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    to frank it sounds like it would be very very boring to read, unless it was written as a humour fic, with Harry haunting folk, and causing trouble and such like.

3. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Yeah, how would Harry eventually be brought back (because he would have to be, otherwise Voldemort instantly wins as he would be immortal), also, how would Harry learn new things to eventually challenge the dark lord?

4. f77

f77 Backtraced

A shade who could possess people like in first book with Quirrel?

5. MudEye

MudEye Second Year

Harry shout become a vampire like undead . He must feed from humans or other beings and that gives him some of their power.

6. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

As soon as I saw the title, I immediately thought.....Emo!Fest.
    While the idea may have some originality and merit, the first few chapters would probably involve Harry whining and crying and sooking around the house. I wouldn't be suprised if he gets abused by Vernon....because these sorts of stories have that kind of crap.

7. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

I think the ones that whine dont ever really get to point of killing themselves. Thats why its so horrible. If you write it as an act of hero death he would need determination and it would be fast and efficient. And he wouldnt do it with knifes in the bathroom either.

But letting him end up as a shade? I dont know. Why not let himself AK or the like and it does straight through to Voldemort? Voldemort would get a lightening bolt scar ;) and Harry has to study rituals to be resurected and can possess all the librarians of europe and rape their minds.

8. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Hmmmmmm difficult, but possible that is! You´ll need to use the dark side of the force... ähhh wrong forum.

Difficult but possible. A big problem would be the emo crap but it should be possible to keep it at a minimum. The question is... What would Harry do in his wraith form.
    Watching people living their lives and whining after him --> utter crap.
    Possessing important people (Minister?) and using their positions to fight against Voldie --> much better!
    He would have to hide the change and fight against Voldie at the same time. I guess that somebody would eventually find out (but its up to the author)

If you choose the later you also have to think about how you change Harry realistically from a whiny brat into an manipulative bastard.