1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Time Travel idea

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by zenaku, Jun 26, 2006.

1. zenaku

zenaku First Year

A little idea that I've been tossing around in my head. Feel free to use it.

Harry decides that there is no way for him to defeat Voldemort as he (Voldemort) is now. So, he travels back in time, to soon after Tom Riddle is born, and kills him.

Apparently, Harry should have watched more sci-fi movies, as he would have realized how badly this would screw up the timeline. Upon returning to his own time, Harry finds that the world is even worse off then it was before. Apparently, something happened, that Voldemort would have prevented if he had been alive.

In order to correct this, Harry most once again go back in time. However, since he cannot prevent himself from killing Voldemort in the past (the whole meeting yourself paradox), he must do the one thing no one would expect of him. He must BECOME Voldemort..

2. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Thats awesome in my opinion, Damn good idea :D

3. Litha Riddle

Litha Riddle Banned DLP Supporter

This sounds like a really good idea. I love the whole paradox thing.

If someone could write this it could seriously become a great mind f-ck.

Litha

4. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Yeah, could be interesting if done by a good author.

Good idea

5. Myst

Myst Headmaster

This could be a good idea, if pulled off by a good author.

That and without the ugly version of Voldemort in the actual series. :p

Harry would kinda create a new paradox doing that

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  6. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

make him look like Otis off of "House of a 1000 corpses" That would be one scary fuckin darklord

7. f77

f77 Backtraced

What could Voldemort have prevented?

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

First: Great idea. Now for the real post.

The time-frame is all screwed up, if Harry is 16-17+ when he goes back, then he can hardly replace the baby Tom (unless you do one of thos awful de-aging things)

Maybe a better idea would be to take (steal) some random magical baby, bringing him to the Orphanage (under the name Tom Ridley) and manipulate him into becoming Dark Lord Voldemort. During 'Tom's childhood, Harry could be that Crinkle caretaker and manipulate all the kids into hating him. And then at Hogwarts, Harry could take the job of DADA teacher and lead Tom into the world of dark arts, while he himself slowly becomes Grindelwald, his future master and the one that would finally lead him down the dark path.

Of course, this MIGHT be just a bit too dark and evil for my taste...

9. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Perhaps someone else had desires to become a Dark Lord? Thus, by destroying him, Voldemort secured his own position. If that person hadn't been destroyed, something might happen to make him even more powerful then Voldemort. Or he simply could have gotten more lucky. That would be up to whoever decided to write it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  10. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Let me get this straight: in the original timeline, Voldemort actualy existed?

This story could get very, very angsty, with Harry not wanting to kill people and so on. I am not sure i would like it. I somehow lose my interest if the story becomes too dark, or without any "goal", or "purpose"... I don't know, it could be done well by a very good author, but it would not be like i imagined it.

Thanks for the idea though.

11. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

I think Ip's idea is awesome. Great job zenaku.

12. FantasyDuck

FantasyDuck Second Year

I don't really see any reason for lots of angst in this plot, as Harry kills a baby at the beginning. He sounds pretty apathetic to me.

Anyway, idea is good and interesting, maybe even unique(I don't remember reading fic like this).

13. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

It's a good idea but i think it would require a VERY good author. Someone unexpreienced or below average could end up making the story very confusing.