1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cilche fans?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Kai Shek, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Well, I didn't pay attention to this before, but it seems as if all the reviews I get offering suggestions are looking for me to actually put in cliche scenes. Have any of the other authors experianced this, and if so, can you post some of the reviews or messages, I would just like it see how bad they can get.

here are a couple of mine...

Code:
    Nice chapter. I would suggest Albus getting Harry some useful books while they are shopping. Perhaps some books on dueling and mind magic would be in order maybe even some books that supplement his school books that explain things in greater detail like different methods of spell casting. It would be nice to see Harry doing silent casting as there is really no reason to say a spell out loud other than the fact that it requires less focus. It might be good to have Harry find the HBP's old school books sometime during the story as well. Update soon.
    Code:
    hi this is a great story and i am enjoying it... maybe you could have harry use his strange power to steal knowledge from people ,just an idea.
    Code:
    Great new chapter!

I had a feeling that Snape would try something like this on him. I'm 
    just glad that he somehow managed to fight back a bit. I#m however 
    disappointed that the Headmaster would dish out a punishment when Harry 
    wasn't at fault. I hope Harry won't accept this and force the Headmaster to 
    dismiss this unjust punishment. Maybe he could threaten to leave the 
    Magical Community forever (or something like that).

Please write more soon!
    This comes from just a ten thousand word story. Again, I would love to hear about others experiances with Fanfiction.

2. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Err...what fic is this for? Link, please.

I don't remember anything like this in my reviews...i ahvent really had that many suggestions from readers. There probably are one or two, but i can't be bothered to check. >_<

3. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Well... Sometimes we like cliche :)
    Some of my preferred fics have what most of you would consider "cliche", but done in such a way that it is just the logical next step.

Of course, those you mentioned were really quite funny. But at least they bothered to review, and did more than "OMG HAIRY KICKASSS DROOOL", so...

4. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

5. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

I used to leave reviews kinda like this when i was A LOT younger and i actually used to enjoy certain clichés. Obviously i prefer to see more originality now but it can be nice for younger people to have stories go a certain way.

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I guess it makes sense. As I started reading fanfiction at about 15, I don't think I had ever wanted cliche things to happen in a story, can't say I was bothered by them though.