1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

An Idea/challenge: Musical Souls

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by mr q, Jun 26, 2006.

1. mr q

mr q Guest

I haven't seen this before so, here goes:

At the end of year 2 in the Chamber, Harry gets the diary when Tom Riddle tries to cast the killing curse in parseltounge.

Through the use of the diary's magic, Harry's immunity, and the ambient magic of the Chamber; instead of killing Harry, it merely displaces everyone's souls.

Young Tom finds himself in Harry's body, Harry is in Tom's magical body (perhaps the magic of the spell made it real - or he could end up in the diary) - and Ginny and the Basilisk trade places!

Will the prophesy remain intact? What can Harry's magical diary body actually do? What will Tom do in Harry's body, and will Ginnylisk have to wear sunglasses?

And how will year 3 be different?

2. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

That sounds absolutly mental. Good luck to anyone who could pull this off. Personally, I dont like the sound of it.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm....seems pretty mangled there...and at the moment it would only work as a parody (Ginny and the basilisk switching places for example).

However, I do like the idea of Tom Riddle entering Harry's body at the end of CoS - although not a body sharing deal - just Tom in there and Harry's dead.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I would read this, only if the Ginny/Basilisk thing didn't happen. Other than that, it sounds interesting.

5. mr q

mr q Guest

Hmm, I guess that Ginnylisk thing is pretty silly.

So Tom in Harry's body.

Will Voldemort realise this or thing its just Harry picking up things from him through his connection.

Will Harry's friends notice him acting differently, and if he act differently long enough, will Tom/Harry slowly edge towards the light... or at least towards the neutral?

6. BlueMagikMarker

BlueMagikMarker Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

It would be cool if Harry an Tom Riddle switched places, but Harry allowed himself to continue sapping Ginny's vitality until he became a physical being once again. Then Harry would basically be in a younger version of Voldemort's body. Think about all of the mischief he could get up to with all of that power in the palm of his hand. You could also throw something in there about Harry not needing a new wand because he already has a brother wand to Voldemort.

7. Litha Riddle

Litha Riddle Banned DLP Supporter

Well the Ginslut/basilisk thing wouldn't be too bad if it was still killed.
    That way the basilisk survives but Ginslut is dead.

Otherwise the idea of having Ginslut as a deadly snake would be horrid.
    Good idea though.

Litha

8. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

That would just be bizzare, but if Ginnylisk didn't happen then I think that it could be turned into a pretty cool fic.

Of course, the thought of Ginny acting like a Basilisk would be pretty hilarious too.

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Considering the fact that we saw so little of her until HBP, it's unlikely that Ginny acting like a basilisk would change the story much...

10. Litha Riddle

Litha Riddle Banned DLP Supporter

It might if Ginsilisk ate wormtail, because that was what the basilisk was eating. Also the attempts to petrify people might be funny.

Litha