1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good Naruto Centric Stories ~

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by 0jordinio0, Aug 3, 2013.

1. 0jordinio0

0jordinio0 Seventh Year

Everyone has their own pet peeves for Naruto stories. Me myself? I don't like when authors exaggerate Naruto's stupidity. In canon he's uneducated, not a bloody retard. I don't like when they allow Sakura to basically abuse him by smacking him around whenever he says something she doesn't like, and then has Naruto just laugh it off. I don't like Naruto/Sakura or Naruto/Hinata pairings and finally I don't like it when Naruto relies on other people, instead of himself and his own skills.

I'm looking for any good stories where Naruto is believably strong, has a steady growth pattern in his skills. Doesn't just constantly spam the 'Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu', and isn't the abandoned love child of dumb and dumber. Well, this is actually the opposite of most HP fandom. In that, Naruto who is constantly weak isn't very believable because canon Naruto grew strong mostly himself with tips. He rarely got any actual 'training'.

I'm not too much a fan of the many stories where they actually make Kurama/Kyuubi an actual demon and change his chakra to 'Youki' because they watch/read too much Rosario/Vampire. Kurama/Kyuubi is a beast made up entirely of chakra, not 'Youki' he isn't actually a demon. It's rather sad how many people still fail to grasp that simple concept.

I've been looking for decent stories for hours on end, with very little luck. I'll also post any decent/readable stories I find myself in this thread if I do find them. I doubt any of them will be library worthy, so there would be no point for putting them up for review. Like a 1% chance in finding one that's actually worthy of review.

A couple readable Naruto fics, I've found lately;

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9486691/1/Sage - Sage is pretty decent. Could use a little work though, and isn't all that exciting to read. It features a Naruto who is run out of Konoha at a young age, who unlocks the Rinnegan and grows up in the 'Fire Temple' where Asuma's friend Chiroko was killed by Kakuzu. Later, he leaves the temple around the age of 10 to begin a journey into truly understanding the workings of chakra, the Rinnegan and the history of the Rikudo Sennin.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9115020/1/Three-Jerks-And-A-Scarecrow - This story is pretty amusing, as a guilty pleasure fic. It features a whole new team 7 based on other anime characters I believe. Sasuke is based on the Prince Thief of the Elves. Sakura is based on Ranma, and Naruto is based on Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night. It's an amusing read, and it had me chuckling at quite a few places. It's atleast worth a read, if for nothing else than that it can get a few chuckles out of you.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9166436/1/Small-Changes - This story is from the same guy that wrote 'Sage'. It features a Naruto story where Naruto is born a few years earlier, and where Anko is born a few years later. The events of canon during the Kyuubi attack happen mostly the same, except Naruto is a few years old or so by then, and it is during the birth of his sister that 'Tobi' appears. Sadly for Naruto, his parents along with his sister die and as the only one of Uzumaki blood left Minato had to seal Kurama into Naruto. By this point, it is already known that he is the son of the Yondaime so the hatred for him is tempered. Growing up, he was already trained in the basics by Minato before he died so Naruto is something of a prodigy, and ends up in the same class as Itachi and Shisui at the academy. Becoming best friends and later team mates with them. It's a Naruto/Anko pairing, but is a decent read despite any misgivings I have with the story. I'd go into more detail on it, but I wouldn't want to spoil anything important other than the basics incase you guys would like to give it a read aswell.

That's all that come to mind at the moment. I'll post more links to stories later if I come across them.

2. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter