1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stargate Atlantis x Harry Potter: Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Shezza, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Hey,
    Here's a plot bunny that's been hopping on my brain recently because I have just bought Stargate Atlantis Season One.

1:What if Harry or the Order find a complex spell that would summon people from the mythical city of thier great ancestors, Atlantis? They're losing the war and Voldemort is slowly gaining control of the world. They perform the spell and to thier suprise, a team of muggles show up? What if the spell was performed during the Seige Part 2 and Wraith show up?
    The Wraith do have some abilities that might seem magical. They can cast illusions, telepathy, heal unnaturally fast....suck the life from a human body with their bare hands...and so forth.

2: This challenge is personally my favourite. Instead of a group of wizards summoning people from Atlantis, the Atlantis team accidentally activates a device that summons Harry to Atlantis. Maybe it's a two-way thing and Harry had the second copy.

These are only the bare bones that I've pondered on. I've got a few theories of my own but I don't have the time to write another story, especially since my other one is long due for an update.

2. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Hmm, I remember your last stargate crossover and, although some parts confused me greatly, it was still enjoyable to those who were completely oblivious to anything dealing with Stargate.

If you create the story, do you think the story would be understandable to those who have never been into Stargate?

Even then, I think you should keep your first fic the main priority, I would to see you finish a story, and have it stay posted :rolleyes:

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    2 is definalty better - muggles at hogwarts is a no-no.

4. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

^Agreed. I hate fics where Jedi/Muggles/Predators/Cartoon characters, come to Hogwarts. Have Harry go to Stargate Atlantis world.

5. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I've always prefered SG-1 to Atlantis. I don't know why. I'm also pissed that they got rid of Jack in SG-1 and replaced him with Mitchell. Despite not liking Atlantis much, I think this would be a good fic if someone chose to write it.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Atlantis would make for a funnier fic - SG-1 is just too serious for that.
    No. 1 just doesn't seem right to me. The muggles couldn't really do much against Voldie and the Wraith would be killed in minutes (as vampires).
    No. 2 works great. I'd love to see Harry go to Atlantis. Could probably work when Rodney starts screwing with a new toy and Harry has the other half.

7. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Perhaps the device was horcrux that Harry was trying to destroy when he accidently activates it sending him to Atlantis.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Would that really be able to work? I mean the magical backlash could be great but sending outside of our galaxy and into another one? Ickle, Old, Voldie just isn't that powerful.

Maybe if the magical backlash was absorbed into a transporter artifact then it could. Thor was able to transport that woman (when they first met him as a hologram after them tests for Daniel and Sam) to his own galaxy but that's highly advanced technology - not quite magic, which seems to pale in comparison to some of the stuff the Asgard have. Apparition, eat your heart out.

9. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

It would be great to see a harry/stargate atlantis crossover with harry going to atlantis. You can always have wizards being connected to the ancients somehow.

Also Aekiel I belive that Thor was contacted to and then transported the
    woman onto her ship when he arrived in orbit, that it what I remember in any case but there was quite sometime since I saw the episode.

10. Litha Riddle

Litha Riddle Banned DLP Supporter

I'm probably gonna come off as a real geek now but;

I remember in the episode Thor's Hammer that SG1 were snatched via a sort of answering machine (but with holograms etc).

I always preferred the SG-1 to Atlantis, but that's because I haven't had a tv for five years, so I lost track.

Litha

11. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

Really? With Jack writting some of the later episodes, I always found SG-1 funnier.

I think Harry going to Atlantis would be much better than the other way around. Anything Stargate related would have no point at Hogwarts, while incorporating magic into Atlantis or even the SGC would allow a lot more room to work.