1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Thor 2 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Starwind, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Just seen it, absolutely fantastic film.

The dynamic between Thor and Loki was fantastic, and Loki's motivation for helping was brilliant and realistic too. Didn't see it coming to be honest.

The subtle jealously from Sif at Jane during the beginning was pretty awesome.

That ending scene.... absolutely brilliant and didn't see it coming at all, didn't see the twist coming with the scene when they met up with the villains on that planet either, brilliantly done.

The cameos by Stanlee and the Captain were hilarious.

Erik is a bit overused in the marvel verse for his magical solutions imo, hope he won't be used anymore.

Awesome film.

2. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

I stopped reading halfway through your post to tell you that they're called spoiler tags, and you should use them. Obfuscation-speak and not naming names doesn't mean you aren't giving away shit. Now I'll almost certainly know what the ending is halfway through the movie, because I won't be able to not think about it.

3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Came back from watching it myself. Was very enjoyable for the most part (Hell, I'll just call it great). Darcy got a little bit annoying by the end and Selvig's state of mind didn't make sense considering Hawkeye was just fine in Avengers, but besides that everyone did well. I still feel that Jane Foster/Natalie Portman was a completely irrelevant part of the mythology to include, but she held her own. Still rather Jamie Alexander got a stronger part as she continues to do the best she can with her limited role. Rene Russo (Thor and Loki's mom) killed it in this film. Kinda wish she had gotten more to do in the first film. Idris Elba was very good with a nice battle scene, but I still hoped for more from him. Definitely no chance of him being Black Panther now that they've shown him without the helmet though. :( Anthony Hopkin continues to just be there, as do the Warriors Three.

Thor and Loki were both very well done as stand-alone and in relationship to each other. Thor really came off well even if his character development through the course of the movie was rather predictable, and as a dutiful warrior prince I think Chris Hemsworth did it as best as he could. Loki's rage, bitterness and scheming were out in full force here and was incredible to see and Tom Hiddleston continues to kill it as Loki. Definitely the best actor of the movie, with Rene Russo a close second in my opinion and then Chris Hemsworth.

I'd give it a solid B+ for effort, execution and presentation. Go and watch guys. :)

4. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Just checked the Japanese release date. February 1st, 2014.

[​IMG]

5. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

lol Lutris. You could probably get the blu ray version of the movie by then.

Silver lining and all that...

6. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

It's a movie review thread, why start reading if you don't want to risk spoilers?

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There was no warning of that in the title. You can't expect us to be able to tell what a thread is about before we start reading. Besides, it's common courtesy to use spoiler tags when something first comes out.

8. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Can't wait to see this!!!

I wonder how the movie's changed from the original vision since they added more Loki after the initial cut.

9. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could a mod put a spoiler tag in the thread title? Looks like this probably does deserve its own thread, not just merging with the 2013 movie thread (especially since for Lutris it belongs in the 2014 thread rofl)

Not sure if I'm going to see it paid or wait for a leak yet.

10. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Pay to see it, it's Thorsome (sorry).

Great action, very funny, lots of heart and some brilliant performances. And stay till the end of the credits; there are two extra scenes.

11. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not out here for just over a week... if there are any good leaks I'll probably use that to decide if I'll see it paid.

12. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

It's releasing on November 8th here. Guess I'll see it after the next weekend

13. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

I saw on Wednesday and it was pretty good, though I prefer the first one for some reason.

14. Owimbowé

Owimbowé Fourth Year

I thought the movie was far, far better than the first. Chris Hemsworth did a perfect job here, Thor is more poised and he doesn't seem like the glory hound and dumb muscle of the first installation. Loki... was awesome as usual. In fact, every character had a bit of development and their moment to shine.
    Finally the film established solid bases for the phase 2 of the marvel universe so if you felt disappoint by Iron Man 3 on that front do not hesitate.

15. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just got back from seeing it, and thought it was definitely worth watching.

Loki was fantastic, and Thor wasn't bad. Solvig still being a bit loopy wasn't great, but wasn't too bad either.

However...

As soon as I saw the Svartalf war-masks, I realised they looked like Teletubbies.

At which point I couldn't take them seriously.

16. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

And now I can't take them seriously too. Thanks.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The after-credits scene confused me. Were they implying that the Tesseract/cosmic-cube is actually one of the infinity gems?

18. psychobob35

psychobob35 Fourth Year

Kevin Smith mentioned this on a podcast he did back in July so I think it was implied in one of the previous movies.

19. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

They're lumping it all together, yep. According to my friend/roommate/resident comic book guy, the payoff won't come until Avengers 3 in ~2018.

20. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I liked this movie a lot better than the first but sometimes the comedy got a bit much (especially towards the end). The portrayal of Asgard was very interesting and Thor and Loki are what makes it worth watching.