1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tinyhunt 3 - signups

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by KaiDASH, Nov 12, 2013.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Tinyhunt 3.0

Oh no, Witches are here! Let's deal with them by randomly killing people!​

Hi!

This is the Tinyhunt signups I mentioned here, if Eido hasn't come back in about ~20 hours, and we have sufficient signups then jwlk will start the game.

If Eido does come back, then this is just a pre-signup thread for the next game.

Also feel free to discuss the setup and ask questions or whatever, Tinyhunt has changed significantly since any of you have last played it :)

SIGNUPS​
    KaiDASH
    Bill Door
    Fontisian
    Luckylee
    Rubicon
    Rents
    Wetnurse
    Zeitgeist
    Prophylaxis
    Uncle Stojil
    Proudboar
    Aekiel

Roles

Town (10)
    Town wins when all Witches are dead.

Priest: Each night, select a player and learn if they are a Witch.

Acolyte: At the start of the game, you learn who the Priest is.

Judge: At the end of day, if the Lynch vote is tied or no lynch, you may choose a player to kill (this is not a lynch and does not count towards Vigilante).

Vigilante: The first Night after townies die to lynches on consecutive days, you are told you may select a target to kill.

Oracle: Each night, select a player. If that player was selected by any other party, you learn how many Witches were alive at the start of night.

D.O.B.: When you die, choose another player to die with you. The DoB, and the person he choose to kill are obvious.

Clown: Each night, select a player to hit with a pie. Players hit by pies are told, and if you hit a Witch you have protection that Night (you are not told you have protection).

Crusader: Once per game at the start of night, select a player to kill. The Dead learn of your selection and may prevent the kill from happening (follows normal kill survival rules).

Gravedigger: Once per game at the start of night, learn all town roles that have died to lynch or the Judge on the previous days. Witches are told when you use this ability.

Spiritcaller: The Angels know your identity. You are informed when you receive Angel Protection and may share the Protection with another player. The Occultist, instead of learning you were Angel Protected, learns who you shared the protection with.

Witches (3)
    Witches win when all townies are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening. Witches may freely communicate with each other and may select a player to kill each night.

Demon: Each night, you learn who the Priest and Oracle visited, but not who visited which player.

Occultist: Each night, you learn who the Angels Protected and who the Dead prevented a Crusader kill on, if any. If the Angels protect the same person two nights in a row without preventing his death, you also learn his role. (ps: Read Spiritcaller)

Necromancer: Each night, you learn the role of the player killed by the Witch Night Kill.

Mechanics

Soup: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies.

A successful Match will only give the 'so and so died' message. On an incorrect match, the message is 'Xanthippe the Witch attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the [incorrect role], but failed', but if no players have been killed that night with Soup, the identity of the Witch is not revealed - 'A Witch attempted to Soupkill Amelia the [incorrect role], but failed'.

-

Lump, the Faithful Panda: On Day 1, there is a plurality vote for Lump to be a player's friend. Lump always Lynch votes the same as his friend, adding an extra vote. If Lump's friend dies, Lump leaves the game. The player who would be awarded Lump can not die to lynch on day 1.

-

The Dead: When you die, your role is not publicly revealed.

Dead players no longer communicate or vote with living players, but instead communicate with the other dead players. They also may no longer utilize any abilities they may have.

At the start of each day, the Dead are told who the Priest checked and who the Angels protected.

Dead players are not eliminated from the game, instead they continue to serve their side as an Angel or Fallen.

-

The Angels: Dead Townies become Angels. Each Night, the Angels select a player by plurality vote to Protect. A Protected player can't die to regular kills that night (The Witch NK, The Vigilante kill and the Crusader kill are 'regular kills').

Angels are unable to give Protection when there are three or fewer living players at the start of night.

-

The Fallen: Dead Witches become Fallen. At the start of night (before the Angels act), the Fallen choose a player by plurality vote. This player is unable to receive Angel Protection that night (the Angels are told who they can't protect).

-

Witches Last Gasp: If a Witch dies to a standard lynch (not Judge), their power continues to work for the Coven that night.

-

Night Kill Survival: If a player survives being killed there is no public announcement made. However, the player is told privately that they survived.

-

Must-Act: All actions that are not explicitly worded as optional are not optional.

-

Tie-Breaker: Witches / Fallen (whichever is applicable) choose the result of all tied votes (Lump d1, Crusader kill prevention, Lynch votes with Judge dead).

-

Timing: Everything resolves simultaneously, with no actions being canceled or affected by death. ie: If the Priest dies during the night, his last check still goes through and the Dead learn the result.

-

Chats:
    • Witch chat: All living Witches may freely post here. Each time a Witch dies, Witch chat is replaced.
    • Dead chat: All dead players may freely post here. At the start of each new day, Dead chat is replaced.
    • Angels chat: All dead townies may freely post here.
    • Fallen chat: All dead witches may freely post here.
    • Public chat: There is one Public chat for the entire game. Posting is forbidden during night and by dead players, with no other posting restrictions.
    Editing or Deleting posts is not allowed at any time.

Privately communicating with other players about the game using any method other than what is provided by the game moderator is not allowed at any time.

Questions

Oracle
    What triggers my power?​

Any night action that uses the 'select' keyword - The witch nk, angel protect, crusader kill, clown throw, vig kill, priest check. All other actions do not trigger the Oracle power.

Spiritcaller & Occultist
    How do these two roles interact?​

When the Spiritcaller is Angel Protected, the Occultist learns 'The Spiritcaller shared protection with X tonight'. If the Spiritcaller is protected two nights in a row and wasn't saved from death, then the Occultist learns who the Spiritcaller is.

Crusader
    What does 'The Dead learn of your selection and may prevent the kill from happening' mean?​

At the start of night, the Dead are told 'The Crusader wants to kill X tonight'. They then decide by plurality vote whether to prevent the kill or not. Remember, if the vote is tied then the Witches / Fallen decide the result!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd like in. You're on the signup list though, who will be running this exactly? o.0

3. KaiDASH

jwlk will host

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Sign me up!

5. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

[​IMG]

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

After reading the old one I'll play in this.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

In.

/tenchar

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    If Eido is actually back, are we gonna put this on hold?

9. KaiDASH

Yes, Eido is back so this is on hold until his game ends.

People should still sign up and stuff though.

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Alright, well at this point we need 3 more people (or those people who I sent PMs out to to respond back to me) and we can start asap!

11. KaiDASH

Let's play everyone :3

12. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

...Please :(

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Why is this taking so long to start up D8

14. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Because I don't want to play this setup? maybe?

15. KaiDASH

While I'm sure that's true, you can hardly take all the credit for 3 empty slots.

16. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Well, we need to do something. I guess I could play four roles.

17. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Yes, well... I asked Lexicat to play 3 roles. Unfortunately she declined, so it is her fault we're not starting.

18. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Guess I'll try out. First time playing on a forum, and it's been years since I played a very simple version in person, but w/e.

19. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

still need two more!

20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God damn it. I'm going to have even less free time than I do right now.

In.