1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Broken Bow by Xed Alpha - T - Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Discussion in 'Books' started by Red Rath, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Red Rath

Red Rath Muggle

Title:Broken Bow
    Author: Xed Alpha
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure
    Chapters: 4
    Words: 40,691
    Updated: Jun 22, 2010
    Published: Jan 17, 2010

Fandom: Percy Jackson and the Olympians
    Pairings: NA
    Summary: An old fool's vengence forces Apollo to keep a huge and possibly devestating secret from Artemis for over a decade, a deception that she may never be able to forgive him for. Winner of the Veritas OC award. Ghost Writers Approved. Beta by Shrrgnien.
    Link

This without a doubt for me has to be one of the best PJO Fanfics that are out there at the moment. All of the characters in the story are well balanced and do not have the mary sue problem most PJO Fanfics do. Not much knowledge is needed to read this book just a general idea of the universe would do (watching the movies). One thing that the another is very good is the use of perspectives, also i felt an astounding amount of empathy for the main character, and relay haven't found this in another fanatic.

This theme has been tried many times however this fic does not stick with any of the old chicles that have been formed around this idea, has a really good reason as to How the Armani is able to exist without breaking on of the main rules in this universe.

Aploiges if this review is a bit vague but I cant tell you without giving away one of the main plots. (even if it is revealed in the first chapter they are about 10,000 words each.) I relay don't think that this fic gets as much attention as it deserves due to all the other bad fics that attempt to tackle the same topic.

5 out of 5

p.s. first time posting a story if i got something wrong just tell me and i will do my best to fix it :fire

Checked by Minion, January 19, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Imraefi

Imraefi Third Year

Some grammatical issues, mostly involving dialogue. The plot itself wasn't too terrible but it wasn't all that great either. Other fics may be bad, but this one isn't that great.

3/5

3. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

I read this fic a while back and I have to admit that I love it. It's probably my favorite of the Percy Jackson fanfics and is a very interesting story with an interesting idea and a well developed OC. The whole Broken Bow series as a whole is also good. 5/5.

By the way, I'd add the Fandom of the story in the threads title. It should say Broken Bow by Xen Alpha - T - Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

The first book was good. Some mistakes and the character name is ridiculous, but it's a pretty fun read, with an interesting idea. A 4/5. The sequels are shit though, Armani quickly develops in one huge Gary Stu.