1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ant-Man (MCU Phase 3 Movie)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Zeitgeist, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

[​IMG]

Directed by Edgar Wright (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Hot Fuzz)
    Screenplay by Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish (Adventures of Tintin, Attack the Block)
    Release Date: July 17, 2015 (First MCU movie after Avengers: Age of Ultron)

CASTING NEWS:

Confirmed:

Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man: A reformed burglar and electronics expert, a superhero who can change size via an invented substance and can communicate with insects.

Michael Douglas as Dr. Hank Pym: Mentor to Scott Lang, a scientist who invents the technology that makes Ant-Man's transformation possible.
    Michael Pena as Castillo/"Tough Latino"/Antagonist: A villain with links to both Pym and Lang. He will first appear during the Communist era and later plague Lang's own storyline.

Speculated:

Evangeline Lilly as Pym's Daughter / Female Lead / Janet Pym: Daughter of Hank Pym, a headstrong woman with links to the mysterious organization S.H.I.E.L.D. and with a future destiny in heroism herself.

Article on Ant-Man.

---

What we have confirmed so far is that Ant-Man will be the first the Phase 3 films (post-Ultron), and Scott Lang will be the main protagonist, with Pym as the Obi-Wan analogue. Also, flashbacks to Pym in the Communist era will be shown. This film is also reported more "quirky" and "comic" than previous Marvel movies, more along the lines of Scott Pilgrim, although the story will still be very much a member of the MCU Family.

Scott Lang is also be an "everyman", and this film will have no links to Ultron as a character.

Hopefully, this summarises all the news we have so far. Please "Thumbs Up" if you like the compilation of information.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I'm happy you broke the site for large font for large font,

ANT MAN

Also, you sound like a marketing attempt to make a crap movie get viewers.

3. Zeitgeist

Firstly, we don't know if it will be crap yet. Not even a trailer has come out, and casting isn't complete yet. I was just compiling information, as others were for the other Marvel movies.

Secondly, you've set up an impressive Strawman's Argument: I personally am apprehensive about this film but was trying to appear more neutral. As most of my friends know, I'm not a big fan of Hot Fuzz or the Simon Pegg comedies.

But the people from Great Britain are probably better equip to comment on Edgar Wright and whether he'll deliver as a director.

4. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

[​IMG]

5. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

First, you are still breaking the site.

Second, I didn't say the movie was crap, you just sounded like a terrible market attempt that tends to appear when a movie is crap. The reason why is also simple. First, your description sounds like you copy/pasted from a PR release.

Third, this.

Also,

CHENNNNNNNNNN

6. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

[​IMG]

HONK HONK, MOTHERFUCKER

7. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What the fuck.

8. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

God I can't wait for this fuckin movie. Ant-Man for days.

9. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

[​IMG]

In a more on topic note, I don't think I could be less excited for Ant-Man if I tried. That could change pending any upcoming trailers, but as of now... meh.

10. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Can we have a serious discussion about the movie without page-breaking images?

11. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

I was waiting on them showing off what the tone of the movie would be before I made a call.

The revelation that they're going comedic is a pretty big downer. What made Ant-Man cool is that he's basically a villain that somehow became a superhero at the last second. He's literally a two-bit Spiderman nemesis, complete with animal motif and mad scientist wizardry, and probably would have wound up as such if his wife hadn't saved him from himself.

Ant Man is dark. Getting the guy who did Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgram to do this doesn't bode well for any of the things that made Ant-Man interesting staying intact.

12. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Not a single fuck was given that day.

13. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    At the very least, the setpieces should be good; Wright might be best known for comedy, but Scott Pilgrim and even Hot Fuzz and The World's End to an extent show that he knows his way round spectacle.

14. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Can a mod edit those ridiculously big images out?

We've been talking about Ant-Man in Upcoming Movies in 2014, but it's coming out in 2015, so a thread is good.

It is filming in Atlanta apparently, starting in May. Hoping to be an extra, or meet Paul Rudd. Paul Rudd <3

15. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

16. Zeitgeist

Merger, sil'vous plait. Also, thoughts on casting Evangeline Lilly? I haven't watched the Hobbit or all of LOST, but she looks "okay" for the role.