1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Apr 5, 2014.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A new show on the CW.

I watched the first three eps. The initial premise is pretty retarded, but it's well executed. Surprisingly dark for a CW show, and as a bonus, the acting isn't face-palmingly terrible.

#welcome to stabtown
    #homemade shivs
    #stabbed in the neck

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

4000 people from only 400 astronauts?

Boy oh boy, there must have been a shit-ton of inbreeding.

3. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Yeah... You need what? 600+ to avoid inbreeding? I think the number is in the high 500's.

4. Ennead

Ennead Seventh Year

Technicalities aside....I like what's been shown so far. The characters are all distinctive, their separate motivations laid out clearly without making them seem flat. Especially the MC. Super capable and compassionate. Probably the only person on the ground with the abilities to get the 100 to survive (or is it...96, by now?). As Khan said, the show so far is well-executed, but it will definitely need to reveal who these mysterious "others" are sooner rather than later to keep my interest in it.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just started watching this and I've been very pleasantly surprised so far. I keep waiting for CW love drama shit with various characters and they keep murderously defying my expectations. Adam/Octavia/Jasper? Nope acid burns and a surprisingly fucking creepy mercy stabbing from Clarke for Adam. Welles/Clarke/Finn? Nope, shanked in the neck by a batshit crazy little girl.

Also, fuck Bellamy. It's going to be hilarious when the group finds out all his little make your own rules, take off the bands bullshit is just so he can try and save his own ass. I hope they string him and his rapists waiting to happen little bitch boys up in the acid fog.

6. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I watched the pilot and it felt pretty meh, while having some good parts, I didn't enjoy it as a whole.

Has it gotten better over the last few?

7. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I've only seen the first two episodes, but I like it. The book sounded like a sappy love story and this so far has been a lot more interesting with action and some twists.

I like Octavia, her back story seems dark and interesting in of itself.

And in episode 3 Clarke went from slightly boring to epic cool.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    yeah it has. shit hits the fan real quick.

9. Rym

Rym Auror

Still can't get over the fact that they made wrist bands that were fully capable of transmitting vitals to the arc, but never thought of making them capable of transmitting communications? Or, I don't know, giving the 100 ANY other device capable of communicating with the Arc other than the space pod that conveniently got messed up during the descent? Fucking dumbest heavy-handed plot device I've ever seen.

I was basically ready to give up until the very last minute of the third episode. Then I was caught off guard. It's still pretty meh, but at least the MC is pretty awesome (and hot).

10. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

The minute they stepped out of the pod they start banging each other (No birth control either fail)...wtf? Shouldn't the focus be food, water, and um i don't know...surviving long-term? Oh and Bellamy just screwed everyone over to protect his own ass. And why are they all American? i thought the entire world population went up to space in stations but mixed into one massive one...? Plotholes, annoying cliche characters, horny teenagers. CW show....

11. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I still don't completely get why the girl who was living in the basement was kept alive all this time especially if you consider that they've been killing of people due to limited supplies but I'm guessing there's a story to that although I think that the character is still poorly written and doesn't really come across as someone whose had barely any human interaction and knows nothing about the outside world beyond her room.

12. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I get what your saying but personally I can forgive their priorities being a little fucked. It's not like these kids were the best and brightest with tons of training, they're expendable juvenile offenders with some who've been in prison for most of their lives. It's completely understandable to me that they're going to go a little nuts when they get set totally free on what's basically been a myth to them for their entire lives.

13. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Believable? Perhaps.

What I want to watch? Unfortunately not so much. :(

Why are all the new Sci Fi TV shows so fucking awful. The last decent one we had was SGA, or Firefly. Can we have more serious plot lines, and less shitty teenagers. (What was the dinosaur one called again? Thats a great example of shitty teenagers.)

14. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Pretty sure nothing as awesome as Firefly is ever going to be made again. :(

15. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dinotopia? I think I watched one episode of that years ago for leather bikinis.

16. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

I'm kind of enjoying this so far, and I'm more than willing to give another CW show a chance after Arrow (and to a lesser extent Tomorrow People, which has picked up a bit quality in the latter half of the season). The main character is pretty decent so far and the premise has potential - even if it is ridiculous at times. Spoilers ahead.

There are some wtf moments though. The lack of communications has already been mentioned, but the bracelets in general are pretty stupid. You'd think it wouldn't be too hard to tell the difference between the bracelet being broken and it's wearer actually dying. They basically just have the worst design ever. Also, all those people the council is debating about killing? Why not just send them down to the surface? If they're going to die anyway, what is there to lose? Also, do they not have geiger counter's in the future? It seems like it should be fairly easy to test how radioactive the surface is.

Also, I'm no expert (here's where the actual experts can jump in and correct me) but isn't there a hell of a lot of radiation in space? If they can survive long term in their space station, shouldn't they be able to do the same on the surface?

That kid taking a spear straight to the chest and surviving (after being dragged around for a while and getting the shittiest treatment ever) was pretty bullshit.

So yeah, there's some confusing plot holes but overall it's not too bad. We'll see how it goes - I'm looking forward to seeing more of the character they just introduced in the latest episode, the mechanic girl. Not just because the actress is hot either.

Rym
  17. ScottPress

High Score:
    Fatality makes a lot of good points.

I want to know if the 'grounders' are survivors or evolved apes. If the former, why the hell are they living like primitive tribespeople? I mean, sure there was a nuclear war, but surely there must have been enough technology left to cary on with a semblance of a industrialized society? Or maybe there just aren't enough of them. Whatever. I just think tribal masks and spears are pushing it.

If it's monkeys... well, that's even more ridiculous. I thought the the Harvey Dent deer was pretty awesome and expected kids vs nature, but now that they've been given humanoid enemies, I'm much less optimistic.

18. Rym

Rym Auror

I'm wondering if the skull they found was a red herring. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that the "grounders" are going to turn out to be normal humans. Either that, or there's two sets of grounders -- a set that somehow avoided the radiation and are normal and another group that took radiation to the face and basically became mutated (the skull).

Kind of like what happened in The Time Machine (movie version) -- only that was over thousands(?) of years.

19. ScottPress

High Score:
    Whatever. I might even not look at that show again now that GoT 4 has begun.