1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pacifist

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by someone010101, Jul 5, 2014.

1. someone010101

someone010101 High Inquisitor

Hi.

Lately, I've noticed that a lot of stories I read are very much violent. The characters may not like violence and they usually don't like hurting people, but the stories have an underlying "greater good" logic. In case you're unfamiliar with that, it means that violence can be necessary to prevent greater violence and if it is, it would be selfish not to do what is necessary.

It follows a vaguely Worm-, Spacebattles-, Buffy- or Indy!esque logic.

I'm looking for a main character that is an honest to god pacifist. He isn't scared of violence. His pacifism isn't merely a weakness he needs to overcome. His beliefs arn't naive and easily disproven. It's not a niche case like "because god told me not to". He doesn't neglect to use physical force only to beat people with words or politics.

And the narrative doesn't support him with the power of love, friendship, therapy no jutsu, sealing the big bad in his own trap etc ... No shonen bullshit.

It doesn't need to be the protagonist, just a character with some viewtime and I don't care which franchise it's from.

The closest I can think of are canon Dumbledore and the hero from the manga Superior and Superior cross. But Superior full of cheese, the power of love and forgiveness and more cheese. And Dumbledores manipulation and seeming omnipotence from time to time opens a can of worms I'd prefer to stay away from, not to mention I've already read HP a few times.

So, you heard of anything like that?

2. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

All quiet on the Western front, maybe?

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You want to read a story about someone who sits there and watches things happen to others and himself without doing anything about it?

That sounds boring, I hope it doesn't exist.

4. someone010101

someone010101 High Inquisitor

It might sound strange, but I hope there's more to a person then fighting others.

5. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

It just wouldn't work in any action-y narrative because it'd be dull as hell. Besides, there are situations where you actually have to fight. When you have literal evils, like the Buffy vampires, there really isn't any other way.