1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

"Walking Dead/Zombie" fanfics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by GiantMonkeyMan, Feb 27, 2015.

1. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

Does anyone know any good fanfics, across all fandoms, that involve one of the main premises being a zombie apocalypse of some kind? Specifically, does anyone know any good The Walking Dead fanfics? I'm in need of some brains to help me get my fix. One of the very first fics I read was a Dawn of the Dead story that eventually went on to get published. Here's a few of the better ones I know of and recommend:

Polarity by Chris Meyers
    When a Romero-style zombie outbreak hits, three supervillains, led by a long time loser, find themselves doing whatever it takes to save themselves, and eventually, the rest of humanity.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Horror/Supernatural - Shocker, Rhino - Chapters: 38 - Words: 325,457 - Reviews: 207 - Favs: 469 - Follows: 128 - Updated: Jan 19, 2010 - Published: Jun 9, 2009 - id: 5124106

Incorruptible: The Dementor's Stigma by Matt Silver
    A year has passed since the dead started returning to life, and the fate of the world depends on the best and the worst of humanity, the wizards and the Muggles, with politics and the undead in between. A Harry Potter Zombie Apocalypse Fanfiction.
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Suspense - [Harry P., Astoria G.] Ron W., Draco M. - Chapters: 16 - Words: 264,164 - Reviews: 274 - Favs: 569 - Follows: 362 - Updated: Mar 8, 2012 - Published: Nov 10, 2011 - Status: Complete - id: 7539141

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Way Is Shut. It's a World War Z oneshot about the fate of North Korea after the war. It's not action-packed or anything, just really morbid, and it fits the tone of the book very well.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Thanks for linking that - it was really solid, built tension well, and didn't try to overdo it. Wish there was more stuff like that; the North Korea section of WWZ was creepy as hell, in a good way.

4. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7770828/1/Blog-of-the-Dead by Banm was a pretty good story if I remember correctly.

"LegendLuigi91 used to blog every day, much to the delight of his loving audience. But when the infection hit his viewers were reduced to 0. He still blogs of course, but instead of memes and youtube he now focuses on the walking corpses trying to eat him." - Summary from ffn

It's about a college student in the Walking Dead and his journey for cell phone battery power to write his blog. Along the way he makes friends, makes enemies, and watches most of them be brutally murdered in front of him. Gets a bit dark and goes through a few very serious arcs, but tries to remain relatively lighthearted overall. At its core it's just a story about a boy and his blog, after all.