1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Midknight's Prison and Independent Challenge #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Midknight, Apr 11, 2005.

?

Is this a good challenge

1. Yes

99.1%
  2. No

0.9%
  1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Challenge #1

Summary

Harry becomes a man of his own, walking his own path. Most of these stories that are vaguely based on this premise are popular, but a none of them have yet done it to perfection! I have some weird rules for the challenge as well!

My rules are geared towards making a story that sets Harry up on his own, without the unbeliebable power spikes from a slightly string wizard to a God similar stories have. It also has odd 'ships that are made believable by one of the rules =)

Rules:

A)-Harry is tossed in prison for killing one of the Lestrange's, pref. Bellatrix's husband, in self-defense. At the trial he confesses to using "Crucio" and the death. He admits he would kill again, and that he has to (Prophecy) it may be revealed at the trial that he is the only one able to kill Voldie. Voldemort will issue a standing order not to harm Harry no matter what, so he may have his "immortality".

B)-Harry 'ships w/ Bella and Tonks or Bella/OC. Voldie sends Bella to break him out of prison after a year to try to recruit him. Bella is freed from the Mark to be able to get in and out of the prison (new security measures) Bella takes the chance to run off with Harry, and falls in love with him.

C)-Total betrayal from all but Lupin, Kingsley, Moody, and the Weasley twins. The rest betray b/c they feel murder is wrong no matter what.

D)Time manipulation, must age him 10-20 years, in the space of 2 years. No use of time turner allowed. Spends time training up, and using rituals to become stronger. Still looks human. Ends slightly stronger then Tom. Bella takes control of his finances while he trains.

E)-Harry's the true magical Slytherin heir, Tom taught himself Parsel through a forgotten ritual, or from being a snake animagus. Purebloods not already aligned with Voldie flock to Harry when he makes himself known as the heir. Even more ppl betray him, thinking it really was him in 2nd year petrifying ppl.

F)-Must not work with the Ministry or Dumbledore. Manipulation of Voldemort to make himself strong is allowed. No outright hostility towards Voldemort to start off with, only if Harry is provoked. He will work to outright destroy the Ministry.

G)"Grey" Harry, uses any and all magic, but to believable power, no Super/God Harry. May use strong forgotten magic, but make it within reason!

H)-Must kill Fudge and Umbridge in the most creative way possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm not sure if that is a large amount or a medium amount of rules for a fan fic challenge, or if i just went too far into detail, lol. :lol:

The best fics I have seen so far stem off a challenge involving Earl of the North, but both it, and the few fics it spawned, are not viable the way they are presented, with such rapid changes in mood and settings all the time.

I am working on my own fic based off these rules, and am looking forward to seeing what others can do!

Good luck! :twisted:

2. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

that is something i would read i wanna see someone take up that challenge

3. Lord Voldemort

Lord Voldemort Forum Bastard

interesting. very interesting.

4. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

quite interesting. Since I'm a Harry/Bella and Harry/Tonks fan so. anyway its is a very nice and interesting challenge I think I'll take it

5. Lord Voldemort

Harry/Bella rules!

6. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Harry/Bella is a nice ship, providing that it is believable.

One day Harry and Bella are thrown in prison.

Five days later they break out.

Two days later they profess their love to one another.

And thus goes many Harry/Bella stories. If you do write this challenge, make it believable.

7. Lord Voldemort

As long as the sex scenes are graphic, i love em!

8. Lord Ravenclaw

...Harry writhed in ecstasy as Bellatrix's wrinkled, cracked skin rubbed up against his own...

9. Lord Voldemort

...The only good Harry/Bella graphic sex scenes are the ones where Bella is younger, like 15, 16, 19, 20, etc.

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Indeed...I should make a "by odd/dark ship" forum.

11. Lord Voldemort

Indeed you

AVADA KEDAVRA!

*dark laughter*

12. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

*Raises eyebrow*
    I've never relie understood your obbesion if that method of murder. I'm sure there are many more creative and painful methods such as the cutting curse on the throat, painful, creative and unexpected.

13. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Yes there are a lot better death curses out there. My favourite is Expectro MacD. One thousand cheeseburger are inserted into your stomach making it blow up. MUHAHHAA Take that Lord Voldemort.

14. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah know... there was one curse Ive seen that I did love... reminded me of one of the chapters of the Pet Shop of Horror manga and Monty Python and the Holy Grail...

... just kinda... *zap* ... *hundreds of rabbits burst from someones stomach and start attacking those around thme*

15. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Aye and thus is the problem with them =(

I started writing a Harry/Tonks story the day after OOTP came out, the character just seems to have so much you can do with her *snickers*

It's become normal now thou to see them 2 together, so Bella or Narcissa becomes the new "weird" pairing.

As for the rapid pace of things... I love Earl of the North, but the pacing they fall in love is WAY too fast. Hey i warned you of some attack>> Opps our blood mixed we're married now>> Hey i love you!

Main reason i added in the fast aging of Harry... and worked out a believable way of getting Bella some of her groove back.

I think my favorite thing about this that I'm working on now is rewriting Fudge's death scene to make it more creative...

I had Harry Imperius Umbridge, and command her to stab Fudge to death with a spoon.. but i want to get more umph then that, lol. I don't think you can get more hardcore hate then being stabbed to death with a spoon though :D

16. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

ROFLMAO!

damn I doubt I can beat being stabbed to death by a spoon you'd have to go to where "THE MAN" keeps all the too creative, un-uniform and such ideas

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could always just have .. naw n/m I'm gonna use this one, heh

18. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

did any one take up the challenge???

19. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

I did... check the first page not too far down

20. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

nice