1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Aristocratic features

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Olfrik, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

I was wondering for a long time now why people in fanfics allways describe a handsome man with the term 'aristocratic features'.

When I think of someone with aristocratic features I allways end up picturing Prince Charles. Huge ears, a large, possibly crooked nose and bulging eyes. Is that a british thing or just a hype of the aristocratic Harry fans?

How do you picture aristocratic features?

2. BloodLust

BloodLust Banned

ahh, I'm guilty of this I'm afraid.
    When I write this I picture high cheekbones and a long nose. I wouldn't really describe Prince Charles as aristocratic, I usually picture French or Italian Nobles.

3. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

[​IMG]

high cheekbones , thin face , thin lips , pale skin , sunken eyes and presto an aristocratic face. As for the body rather thin and little muscle due to lack of work

Jason Issacs looks like what the elite should

P.s. don't ask where I found that picture :(

4. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

^that is what aristocratic features mean to me. Kudos to moody.

5. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Yeah same here, Moody hit the nail on the head with that

6. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I think regal bearing, like straight-backed and proud. Well-groomed, a testament to the comforts that they can afford. Facial structure doesn't really matter...I mean its not as if all arosticrats are handsome and flit the sterotypical Aristocratic-face.

Neat hair, fine clothing and accessories. Not neccessarily a nancy-boy or someone who is unused to work...I mean sure, they don't have to do manual labor, but most Aristocrats are taught stuff life fencing and whatnot, and try to look at their physical peak at all times. Of course, the 'nobility' of the post-feudal and feudal eras would have made them look more frail, but meh. I'm basically thinking like a Knight from the old days.

7. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I always interpreted "aristocratic" towards the same sort of prim, proper look. Not tanned or wrinkled or even smiling. Doesn't look like they've ever worked any sort of manual labor, born with a silver spoon in their mouths, and yeah, pretty much all around nancy boy. Not 'soft' nancy boy, but the sort if you punched in the mouth, they've be more surprised and aghast than likely to defend or punch back.

And yes, anyone ever described as "aristocratic" does deserve to be punched in the mouth.

8. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I tend to imagine a very upright looking person. Generally someone who has a rod up their arse that has a rob up its arse. High cheekbones, strong chin, a medium forehead. Eyes, not sunken or bulging. Usually above average height. Soft skin, not particularly tanned, perhaps a bit weathered, and some muscle from noble sports like fencing, horse riding and polo.

9. Spooky

Spooky First Year

A handsome man definately does not come to mind. MadeyeMoody got the description right, and Mordecai nailed it. I also picture someone a little too upright, "someone who has a rod up their arse." The first thing that jumped into my head was a snooty, stuffy, English butler. Prince Charles fits the bill as well.

Perhaps people use the term because it's a catchy description and it has a nice ring to it. I think maybe Draco could be said to have aristocratic features, if he was described the way Tom Felton looks in the movies.

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I see it as someone who knows they dont have to worry about shit. they do whatever they want whenever they want and everything works out for them.

11. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Lucius Malfoy FTW?