1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sepanto's First Challenge. Dumby Goes back!!

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Sepanto, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Having read one too many Harry-Goes-Back-And-Retells-HP&PS I came to a new challenge.

Albus Dumbledore goes back to the night he heard the prophecy, and for some wacko reason he gets a chance to try and correct things.

Rules:
    1) The story must be albus-centeric.
    2) While not ignoring their future deed, AD will not neccisarly (sp/?) prejudge people for that they have yet to have done.
    3) While he will pull the strings behind the scenes, he will not be uber-manipulative-dude.
    4) he will take a few years off from hogwarts to gather the horcruxes reeturning to teach transfigurations, rather than being Headmaster.

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Might be itneresting, but the author would almost certainly try to make the fic far too long. It would have to move quickly and be varied in the content to keep my interest.

3. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It's a nice idea, but not something I'd be interested in writing. I probably would read it though.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's a great idea, not many people like non Harry-centric though, so it might not be as popular as it should be.

5. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

Dumbledore is one of the characters that is hardest to write well. If it's AD-centric, I think it would be a completely different universe, he has other friends, has different experiences, so you would have to make up such a difficult character by yourself. It's very hard.

There is a reason why people write fanfiction and not their own fiction. It's much easier to find plotholes and bash established characters than make them up by ourselves.

6. razz

razz Seventh Year

Good idea.

One of the more wacky AD's could be fun.