1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Invoking the Spirits -- Saint Alicon I

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Stalicon, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Invoking the Spirits a Guide to the Otherworld by Marcus McGonagall​

Its the summer after Fith year and the stress of a certain prophecy is getting to our hero, he has no idea what to do.

Its obvious that Dumbledore has no wish to train Harry for the task that fate seems to have left him. Equally so that he alone would not be be able to compete with the strongest Dark Lord in recent history.

Feeling betrayed and boxed in he tries to come up with a way he may survive this upcoming war. In a fit of self-doubt he makes a comment about needing a guide for life, he didn't expect to get one.

Rules and Concepts ​

1. Harry finds that he has the power to call spirits or souls from death and the realm of daemons.

2. The spirit Guid that he acidentaly summons is the sarcastic ghost of a recently deceased Percy Weasley.

3. He finds that this new power gets stronger with use like many other things, such as giving a command to Percy using this power makes the command irefusable as such with all spirits invoked/evoked

4. This includes the power to evoke spirits, or force them into his command.

5. He finds that yes like many fics, that he is the only one with this ability for thousands of years.

6. Voldemort does not get this power just because he has Harrys' blood. That only negates the protective blood wards around him his mother established.

7. This skill is incredibly useful when combined with necromancy, while daemons have a corpreal form most spirits lack the strength. It also gets past the pain in the ass of all Necromancers, the barrier between life and death.

8. He is not strong enough to summon the spirits of the founders, Merlin, or any other powerful and/or wise wizard/witch, he is just starting and thus only had the strength to summon the weakest of spirits wich happen to be guides, sadly he has to start with the weakest of them as well. (Percy)

9. As time goes on any spirits on this side of the world, including daemons, gain power which is a great bargaining chip for the weaker daemons who want to get strong quickly. (Such as Imps, the lowest form of Daemon)

10. Percy is like normal ghost only he can't be exorcised and has knowledge of the spirits.

11. His power growth is as such.

• Every 7d + 5command
    • +1 low-lvl spirit summon for every 10commands
    • +1 mid-lvl spirit summon for every 40commands
    • +1 high-lvl spirit summon for every 160commands
    • +1 low-lvl daemon summon for every 50commands,
    • +1 mid-lvl daemon summon for every 100commands
    • +1 high-lvl daemon summon for every 160commands
    • starting total of 10commands

12. He changes slowly with each boost in power, in other words gaining more strength in certain emotions depending on which spirits he uses the most.

• Guides = an increase in curiosity and thirst for knowledge

• Human/Earth creature Combat Spirits = increase in temper and a slight increase in bloodthirst.

• Combat daemons = drastic increase in anger and a bloodthirst.

You can come up with the rest.

13. Daemons have amazing strength and indurance, even at the lowest level they are several times stronger than humans, sadly the lower to lower-mid level daemons are not very intellegant.

14. Spirits with the ability to manipulate magic are fairly smart.

15. Spirits without the ability to do magic really have no place in this fic for anything other than weapons knowledge or something important that only they would know, in that case you need a name to call them specifically.

That should do it, this is an idea I've had for a while. So what'd you think, Good? Bad? Wtf are you smoking?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

It's...well thought out, and interesting to say the least, but you won't have much of an audience.

3. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Sorry got carried away, I was trying to keep people from giving him the ability to pwn everybody wiht godlike demons right off the bat.

4. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

I think it's definitely and interesting idea, but way to complicated at the minute. I'd just go with a simple 'can comman spirits, the more he commands them, the stronger his orders are.' I know you were just trying to make it believable, but it's fairly complicated IMO.

The ghost of Percy bit is a bit strange, it would definitely need some backstory, as well as an explanation as to why he was so sarcastic being dead, but uptight when alive.

The final thing, I think, is to introduce a way that harry discovers his powers... It's not as if he randomly goes around Hogwarts trying to order the ghosts around.

Anyway, a good idea but it would require some revision and a lot of thought.

5. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    So, he is like a video game character.

Harry: I raise the spirit of Percy Ignatius Weasley

Percy: Battle Cry: Go Ministry

Harry: I feel my strength growing....LEVEL UP!