1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What If Ron Died- Sepanto Challenge #2

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Sepanto, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Having just played chess, and sacrificed a knight to open a line, gave me the idea for the next Challenge.

Ron died after being struck in the chessboard in PS.

As a result, the whole Weasly clan shuns Harry, blaming him for their son's death.

During the second year, harry starts dabbling in the dark arts.

While they drift apart, In the summer Harry does not find it odd that they ignored him, and as such is not stopped from going to hogwarts because he got no letters.

In the crazy bludger incident, Harry blames the twins for specifically setting the bludger on him, and following that he quits the team.

In the CoS, having "killed" Tom, Harry decides that he ought to use Ginny as a human sacrifice, you make up a reason.

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Why would Harry dabble in the dark arts. He has no reason, after his first year, he can barely do any of the first year spells. And you expect him to use the Dark Arts?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Good idea, it'd make a good story if a decent author picked it up.

Yeah he does, kind of. He's just been introduced to magic, and used it against Dudley at the Zoo. He's basically been shown he doesn't have to take the bullshit his relatives dish out anymore, what better to fuel ambition to become powerful?

I would say though, that your spell knowledge shouldn't be limited to one branch. Militaries, as with knowledge, are only good if diverse(usually).

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I guess, but I still think it's a little too early. Maybe it should start a little later. Maybe after his second year, where he had to face a Basilisk all alone, just because people thought he was evil.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Yeah that works. He gets a taste of magic, and then the whole school basically shuns him because what? He can speak a certain language?

Hp: *Snap*

Damn, now I want to read this :p.

6. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

I would actually like to read this if it was written by the right author. Second year is a bit early for Harry to start practicing the dark arts. From what we know most of these are complex in nature and on the second year level the students really don't know any resonable usefull magic.

Perhaps it would be better written as Harry applying himself as soon as he learns about the existance of magic. Then by third or forth year he will be skilled enough to start looking into other magics.

An interesting jumping of point for Harry could either be when he finds out that he is related to Sirius and is fascinated by being related to such a famous dark wizard ans starts seriously looking into dark magic. Or a Harry thats impressed by Voldemort's resurection and decides that he wants that kind of power for himself.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The starting idea is sound. I just dont understand the Ginny thing. Yes, I hate her, but I dont see reason for Harry to kill her.

Maybe he lets Tom become whole and they set off together? Possible.

8. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Managing to convince Tom before he became insanely obsessed with immortiality as an Ally via the new Tom from the diary. That would be interesting.

This idea could be done if the right author worked on it.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The one from the diary doesnt know the prophecy either, so he wouldnt try to kill Harry. Though, he might be a little sore knowing that the 'real' him lost to Harry as a baby. Bleh.

10. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

This could be a great idea, as for the reason for letting ginny die so could it not be so much that he is letting her die but just that he does not figure out that he needs to destroy the diary until it is to late. Then could he start learning dark arts in forth year after he is picked for the tournament so he could protect himself from who ever it was that entered him...