1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Pyrrha(c) victory By: The Rogue King - T - RWBY

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Tasoli, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Title: Pyrrha(c) victory
    Author: The Rogue King
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor/Romance
    Fandom: RWBY
    Words: 56,457
    Pairings: Jaune Arc/ Pyrrha Nikos
    Summary: A story revolving around Pyrrha's affections for her goofball of a leader, Jaune's total obliviousness and all the hijinks in between. And of course, the rest of the RWBY cast will be there to put in their own useless opinions.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9858809/1/Pyrrha-c-victory

This story is one of the funniest story of Fandom without being cracky. Most of the cast is IC, Jokes are funny, and romance is tastefully done despite being the main joke. In fact it is also one of the best romance I have come across.

Story is pretty self contained which is a good thing since it doesn't wear out its welcome. Not much plot beyond teens being teens with slight backdrop of canon vol2.

Give a read if you want something light. Which was something I wanted especially after the vol3's ending.

cheers.

Edit by Minion, March 17, 2016
    Moved into Almost Recommended based on the two reviews instead of the thread rating.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2016
  2. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Yeah... It's not bad, but the joke's worn thin by chapter three or so and I've entirely run out of fucks to give. Even if it's played off as a joke and has a few chuckles, Pyrrha and Jaune are both being hopelessly stupid.

3. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain attention.

I thought we had a huge RWBY fanbase? Read and review, please, or I move it into 'Almost Recommended' based on Zeelthor's review.

4. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

It's okay. It feels like the sort of story that could have trimmed ten chapters, and probably would have ended up a better story as a result. The rom-com high jinks lose their charm quickly, as the author has a tendency to repeat jokes until they've been driven into the ground. A good example of this is the Penny storyline, which was mildly amusing at first, and soon became tedious, as she kept getting involved in the story.

Also, the "Meet the Arcs" chapters were boring and stupid. Is it too much to ask for a humor story where Jaune's family isn't completely ridiculous?

Finally, the conflict the author uses to draw out the romance is contrived as all hell. It's pretty much in character for Jaune, but relies on Jaune's more annoying personality traits (low self esteem, stupidity, etc, etc.).

That said, mildly amusing - and after the V3 ending it was somewhat nice to see Pyrrha getting a happy ending - 3/5.